ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried about implication of Leave to Remain Status switched by Case Officer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nightingale66
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Worried about implication of Leave to Remain Status switched by Case Officer

Post by Nightingale66 » Thu May 23, 2024 11:20 am

Hello Dear Members,

I am very confused and will be grateful if anyone can hep shed light on this.

I was on the 10-year Family settlement route. I have a child attached to my application. The family settlement route is on the basis of having a child inn the UK who is now a British citizen. I have a partner who is the father of the child that is now a citizen. The other child attached to my application is of same father but was not born in the UK. When my settlement application began, my partner had no settled status in the UK. Over the years, he has obtained his British citizenship.

I had spent 7.5 years on the Family route when I made application for renewal in October last year. To my surprise, I got a response recently. The Case Worker decided to switch my status from Family Route to the 10-year Partner route. My child was granted approval on Family route.

I am confused, seriously. And there are loads of questions to clarify. With this recent approval,

1. Does this mean that my child and myself are now on 2 different routes? Partner for me and Family for the child?
2. With this new approval under the Partner route, does this mean that I have to start the 10 year journey afresh after having spent over 7.5 years on Family route? To begin to spend thousands of pounds every 2.5 years on renewal apart from the mental and emotional agony?
3. Does this imply that my child can apply for Indefinite Leave to remain after exhausting this last 2.5 years?

I am in turmoil and will be extremely grateful if I can be guided on the questions listed PLEASE.

Thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Worried about implication of Leave to Remain Status switched by Case Officer

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 23, 2024 11:33 am

Nightingale66 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 11:20 am
Hello Dear Members,

I am very confused and will be grateful if anyone can hep shed light on this.

I was on the 10-year Family settlement route. I have a child attached to my application. The family settlement route is on the basis of having a child inn the UK who is now a British citizen. I have a partner who is the father of the child that is now a citizen. The other child attached to my application is of same father but was not born in the UK. When my settlement application began, my partner had no settled status in the UK. Over the years, he has obtained his British citizenship.

I had spent 7.5 years on the Family route when I made application for renewal in October last year. To my surprise, I got a response recently. The Case Worker decided to switch my status from Family Route to the 10-year Partner route. My child was granted approval on Family route.

I am confused, seriously. And there are loads of questions to clarify. With this recent approval,

1. Does this mean that my child and myself are now on 2 different routes? Partner for me and Family for the child?
2. With this new approval under the Partner route, does this mean that I have to start the 10 year journey afresh after having spent over 7.5 years on Family route? To begin to spend thousands of pounds every 2.5 years on renewal apart from the mental and emotional agony?
3. Does this imply that my child can apply for Indefinite Leave to remain after exhausting this last 2.5 years?

I am in turmoil and will be extremely grateful if I can be guided on the questions listed PLEASE.

Thank you
Whatever route you've been put on doesn't matter as this last renewal would take you to the 10 years mark. At this point, you can apply for ILR based on Long residency. How you get to 10 years doesn't matter, the most important is that you've got 10 years legal stay.

Your child can apply with you when you do.

So don't be worried, relax, you're doing just fine.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Nightingale66
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Re: Worried about implication of Leave to Remain Status switched by Case Officer

Post by Nightingale66 » Thu May 23, 2024 11:43 am

Dear TickTack,

Many, many thanks for your reassuring response.

It has taken loads off my chest.

May the good Lord be with you.

Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 23, 2024 11:46 am

Nightingale66 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 11:43 am
Dear TickTack,

Many, many thanks for your reassuring response.

It has taken loads off my chest.

May the good Lord be with you. And you too. Bless!

Regards
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!