ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporay stamp 4eu fam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Karl89
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Temporay stamp 4eu fam

Post by Karl89 » Thu May 23, 2024 4:06 pm

Hi angell I submitted my application yesterday, 22/05/2024, via registered mail. I tracked it in the an post application and found that it was delivered today morning. Am I supposed to receive a message from the EU Treaty Rights Department stating that they received my application?

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri May 24, 2024 8:30 am

Karl89 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 4:06 pm
Hi angell I submitted my application yesterday, 22/05/2024, via registered mail. I tracked it in the an post application and found that it was delivered today morning. Am I supposed to receive a message from the EU Treaty Rights Department stating that they received my application?
Hi,

If you organised your form and documents properly, provided them the necessary information (marriage certificate, EU citizen work contract and if possible 2 payslips) you will receive acknowledgement and a stamp 4 registration letter via post within 1 month, max 2.

It's also possible they can send acknowledgement via email and registration letter via post.

IR_portal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by IR_portal » Fri May 24, 2024 10:41 am

Hello everyone, I have a similar case here. I sent my EU TR1(Fam) application yesterday 23/05/2024 and it delivered 8am this morning, i got notification from AnPost because i requested a notification once its delivers. My questions now is what are the steps and process involved after ones application as delivered.
- Do I wait for an acknowledged email, or will a letter be sent to my home?
- Any idea waiting period for this?
What is the next step and waiting period after I get an acknowledged message from them.

I am asking because I relocated to Ireland with my Polish spouse from Poland. She has been exercising her EU treaty rights since February because I had to wait several months to get the EU treaty visa from Poland. My 90-day permission will expire early next month, and moreover, I applied for a government job,, with which I explained that I am waiting for my application to be approved, I got an interview scheduled for next week.I am just a bit stressed right now, as I don't know how long i can wait to get the temporary or the full GNIB card or what ever name its referred to. I also need to fly to poland and get some few things done but scared I might have issues at the border returning or no airline might even carry me from poland.
The stress of not able to open a bank account is also a big thing here. I was able to get my PPSN done and collected my PPS card thou. Can you also advise on how I can open a bank account, I used a phone bill but it was denied. I am a Nigerian citizen with a polish card residence and just relocated here with my polish spouse.

Please can anyone drive me through this whole process.I have read few success stories on here and i wish i will also be able to share mine very soon.

thanks

Kind regards

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:25 am

IR_portal wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:41 am
Hello everyone, I have a similar case here. I sent my EU TR1(Fam) application yesterday 23/05/2024 and it delivered 8am this morning, i got notification from AnPost because i requested a notification once its delivers. My questions now is what are the steps and process involved after ones application as delivered.
What is the next step and waiting period after I get an acknowledged message from them.

I am asking because I relocated to Ireland with my Polish spouse from Poland. She has been exercising her EU treaty rights since February because I had to wait several months to get the EU treaty visa from Poland. My 90-day permission will expire early next month, and moreover, I applied for a government job,, with which I explained that I am waiting for my application to be approved, I got an interview scheduled for next week.I am just a bit stressed right now, as I don't know how long i can wait to get the temporary or the full GNIB card or what ever name its referred to. I also need to fly to poland and get some few things done but scared I might have issues at the border returning or no airline might even carry me from poland.
The stress of not able to open a bank account is also a big thing here. I was able to get my PPSN done and collected my PPS card thou. Can you also advise on how I can open a bank account, I used a phone bill but it was denied. I am a Nigerian citizen with a polish card residence and just relocated here with my polish spouse.

Please can anyone drive me through this whole process.I have read few success stories on here and i wish i will also be able to share mine very soon.

thanks

Kind regards
You have to wait for a while (several months, possibly) for either a decision or temporary stamp.
You're not going to get an Irish residence permit in a week, to be honest.

Technically, they should send you a temporary stamp in a month or two, as you're going through EUTR1, but as per reports on the forum, it's not always the case.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri May 24, 2024 1:07 pm

To addup @meself2 advise,

You can open a bank account without IRP. You should have applied for AIB basic account via their app. They will only need to see your landing stamp and passport via video call verification.
For proof of address you should use your spouse utility bill(garbage or so on) and let her write a note on top of the bill confirming you reside there.

Since your landing stamp has expired you have no option than to wait until you receive an acknowledgement letter and use that to apply again.

IR_portal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by IR_portal » Fri May 24, 2024 3:28 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:25 am
IR_portal wrote:

thanks

Kind regards
You have to wait for a while (several months, possibly) for either a decision or temporary stamp.

Technically, they should send you a temporary stamp in a month or two, as you're going through EUTR1, but as per reports on the forum, it's not always the case.
RE: Thanks for your swift response.I guess the best option is just to wait as advised. Can I ask, What or how does this temporary permit looks like? is it a stamp on the passport or like an ID card or just a paper inform of letter ? and if at all i receive this temporary permit, does it allow my entry back to ireland if i decide to fly to poland and return? ( I have a Polish residence card).
secondly, I have a job interview next week,are there chances of getting this job offer or i should just cancel the interview because my visa was EU Fam visa which was only valid entry with my wife and i received a 90 days stamp which will expire early next month. I am just stressed coz been idle without a job or access to anything bores me and makes one depressed to be honest.

IR_portal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by IR_portal » Fri May 24, 2024 3:32 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:07 pm
To addup @meself2 advise,

You can open a bank account without IRP. You should have applied for AIB basic account via their app. They will only need to see your landing stamp and passport via video call verification.
For proof of address, you should use your spouse utility bill(garbage or so on) and let her write a note on top of the bill confirming you reside there.

Since your landing stamp has expired, you have no option than to wait until you receive an acknowledgement letter and use that to apply again.
Thanks so much. This was really helpful. I just returned from AIB bank and i provided my visa, stamp,polish residence card and virgin mobile telephone bill ( which the lady said they would not accept), but after my perseverance
She booked an appointment for me next month at the branch and told me to come in person. Hopefully, I get lucky. Thanks once again.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 24, 2024 5:55 pm

IR_portal wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:28 pm
meself2 wrote:
IR_portal wrote:

thanks

Kind regards

RE: Thanks for your swift response.I guess the best option is just to wait as advised. Can I ask, What or how does this temporary permit looks like? is it a stamp on the passport or like an ID card or just a paper inform of letter ? and if at all i receive this temporary permit, does it allow my entry back to ireland if i decide to fly to poland and return? ( I have a Polish residence card).
secondly, I have a job interview next week,are there chances of getting this job offer or i should just cancel the interview because my visa was EU Fam visa which was only valid entry with my wife and i received a 90 days stamp which will expire early next month. I am just stressed coz been idle without a job or access to anything bores me and makes one depressed to be honest.
The process for you to get the IRP, which is a plastic card allowing you to travel (either temporary or permanent) is:
- you get a letter from ISD that outlines your situation and states what stamp you can get (it'll probably be 4 for temporary and 4EUFam for proper one; both allow to work and travel);
- you either fill out an online application (Dublin and surrounding counties) or make an appointment with your local immigration office (other counties).
- if you have an appointment, visit the station at a given time.
- Once done, you have to either collect your residence permit from the station or (if in Greater Dublin) it'll be mailed to you by post.

You cannot travel with the letter, you need the card as airlines would want to see it on your way back to Ireland.

For the timelines, as I mentioned, it'll take a few months for an acknowledgement letter; after that, it'll take a few more months to get your hands on a physical card (for example, they're currently processing week of April 8th in Greater Dublin so about 2.5 months; tend to be longer elsewhere).

As for a job, I would not expect any reply from ISD next week, so unless the start is in a few months (up to 8, if not more) and they're ready to wait for you, I'd call it off.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri May 24, 2024 7:00 pm

Hi,
Your Karta pobytu is irrelevant in Ireland. It's only useful in Schengen area. Don't include it when applying for services in Ireland.

All the best!.

IR_portal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by IR_portal » Sat May 25, 2024 12:21 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:55 pm
IR_portal wrote:
meself2 wrote:
IR_portal wrote:

thanks

Kind regards

The process for you to get the IRP, which is a plastic card allowing you to travel (either temporary or permanent) is:
- you get a letter from ISD that outlines your situation and states what stamp you can get (it'll probably be 4 for temporary and 4EUFam for proper one; both allow to work and travel);
- you either fill out an online application (Dublin and surrounding counties) or make an appointment with your local immigration office (other counties).
- Once done, you have to either collect your residence permit from the station or (if in Greater Dublin) it'll be mailed to you by post.

You cannot travel with the letter, you need the card as airlines would want to see it on your way back to Ireland.

For the timelines, as I mentioned, it'll take a few months for an acknowledgement letter; after that, it'll take a few more months to get your hands on a physical card (for example, they're currently processing week of April 8th in Greater Dublin so about 2.5 months; tend to be longer elsewhere).

As for a job, I would not expect any reply from ISD next week, so unless the start is in a few months (up to 8, if not more) and they're ready to wait for you, I'd call it off.
Thanks. Much appreciated, .

Karl89
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Karl89 » Sun May 26, 2024 11:25 pm

If there is any update in your case, post it here. Since we were posted on the same day, the samothing for me. Good luck.

IR_portal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by IR_portal » Mon May 27, 2024 9:47 pm

Karl89 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 11:25 pm
If there is any update in your case, post it here. Since we were posted on the same day, the samothing for me. Good luck.
Hello,
Well, for now, all we can do is wait as advised. It is treated chronologically.I will put up a message here once I get any feedback from them.Fow now,Fingers crossed 🤞

IR_portal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by IR_portal » Tue May 28, 2024 10:09 am

meself2 wrote:
IR_portal wrote:
meself2 wrote:
IR_portal wrote:

thanks

Kind regards

Hello,
I have a question, please. Is it advisable to book an appointment with the ISD office now because appointment dates are months away? Kindly advise for further action. Thanks.

IR_portal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by IR_portal » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:09 pm

IR_portal wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 10:09 am
meself2 wrote:
IR_portal wrote:
meself2 wrote:
IR_portal wrote:

thanks

Kind regards

Hello,
I just received a call from Immigration informing me that my application has been acknowledged, but I'm not sure if this is how the process should go. I was expecting an email or a letter instead. The call seemed to be a computer-generated voice, and it said in English, "Hi, this call is to let you know that your immigration application has been acknowledged." After that, the message was repeated in another language, which I guess might be Irish.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this standard practice? Just sharing the latest update and looking for some clarity.

Secondly, what does TD mean? I saw some stories about reaching out to a TD to get the application ID number and personal ID number. How do I get in touch with one? Would appreciate any clarity on this, please.

Thanks!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:52 pm

TD is a member of parliament (Teachta Dála in Irish). I don't think you have read the messages from right subforum - the only time I've seen people reaching out to TDs for these things was when applying for citizenship (but I might be wrong).

You have to accept that Ireland is taking its time on bureaucratic procedures and things aren't done immediately, unfortunately.

Karl89
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Karl89 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:38 pm

Hi you receive a call from Immigration i didn't receive this call as you i don't know why Even though we applied on the same day , Does anyone know if it is necessary for me to receive a call or a message stating that they received my application at least, I am really nervous if my file is lost even though I sent it by registered mail , please any idea ?