ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) to FLR (M). What are the next steps ???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amin004
Newly Registered
Algeria

FLR (FP) to FLR (M). What are the next steps ???

Post by Amin004 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:53 pm

Hi there.

I have an inquiry in regards of my next extension application for my wife.

My wife initially entered the uk on a spouse visa. At the time of the application for her first extension I didn’t meet the financial threshold. So they switched her to 10 route.

Her third extension is due December 2024. My questions are.

Does the first 2.5 years on a spouse visa counts towards the 10 years or not because if it does am not switching back to 5 years.?

Second question if she stays on the 10 route which application I should use FLR(fp) or FLR(M)?.

My third question. If she stays on the 10 route is it possible to apply for fee waver.

I will so grateful if one of you guys could @nsewr my question.

Thank you in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (FP) to FLR (M). What are the next steps ???

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 23, 2024 1:00 pm

Amin004 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 12:53 pm
Hi there.

I have an inquiry in regards of my next extension application for my wife.

My wife initially entered the uk on a spouse visa. At the time of the application for her first extension I didn’t meet the financial threshold. So they switched her to 10 route.

Her third extension is due December 2024. My questions are.

Does the first 2.5 years on a spouse visa counts towards the 10 years or not because if it does am not switching back to 5 years.?

Second question if she stays on the 10 route which application I should use FLR(fp) or FLR(M)?.

My third question. If she stays on the 10 route is it possible to apply for fee waver.

I will so grateful if one of you guys could @nsewr my question.

Thank you in advance.
Start your own post.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret.simon

Re: FLR (FP) to FLR (M). What are the next steps ???

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 23, 2024 5:51 pm

I have split your post into a separate thread because on these forums it is considered rude to place your query inside another person's thread.
Amin004 wrote:
All valid continuous in-time visas count towards ILR Long Residence. The important thing is maintaining the continuity of the visas and making sure that you make a valid visa application before the preceding visa expires.
Amin004 wrote:
If you meet the requirements for the latter, then I think the latter will likely be easier.
Amin004 wrote:
If she stays on the 10 route is it possible to apply for fee waver.
Only if she is applying for FLR(FP). Also note that fee waiver is not available for the ILR application itself, only for FLR(FP) applications.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.