ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for visitor visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goelc
Newly Registered
India

Standard visitor visa for family

Post by goelc » Thu May 23, 2024 7:19 pm

Hello moderators,

I have a query regarding Standard Visitor Visa for my parents and sister. I've provided detailed information about my background and my family’s background below. Some of this information may seem irrelevant, but I want to ensure I don't overlook anything. Apologies for the lengthy post.

My Details:
- I have been in the UK for over five years on a skilled worker visa and was granted ILR earlier this year.
- I am on a fixed-term contract that runs out in mid-August 2024, and I am currently working on extending my work contract.
- Marital status: single (in case this is relevant).

My Family:
- My family comprises of my parents and a younger sister. Both of my parents are retired and live in their own house in our home country. Their siblings also live in the same country.
- Both parents receive pensions, although my mum’s pension is quite small due to her private sector job, so she is dependant on my dad. The house is in my dad’s name.
- They have additional income from interest accrued from their savings, including savings accounts and fixed deposits.
- I think this seems enough to show their social and economic ties to the home country.

- My sister (single) lives with my parents and is employed. Although her job isn't highly paid, it is sufficient for her living expenses. She also has some savings, and fixed deposits in her name.
- My parents have one visa rejection, and my sister has two visa rejections by the Belgian embassy from about 6-7 years ago. The rejections were due to a mistake on our part where we applied for a ‘family visa’ instead of a ‘tourist visa.’ The Embassy rejected the visas on financial grounds which seemed relevant for the applied visa category. My parents don’t have any travel history, but my sister has since travelled to the UAE once.

Query:
I would like to invite my parents and sister to visit me in the UK on a visitor visa. I understand that previous rejections don't necessarily entail further rejections, and each country has its own policies and procedures. I'm being extra cautious to mitigate any grounds for refusal.
1. Would it be advisable to submit visa applications for my whole family together? I’ve been recommended by travel agencies that there’s a higher chance of rejection if applying for the entire family at once.
2. If not, would it be better to apply for my parents' visas first and then apply for my sister’s visa once theirs have been granted?
3. A close family friend, who has been a British citizen for over 10 years, is willing to invite and show sponsorship for my family for the trip. Is this advisable, given that I am not inviting them myself?
4. If my family supports their own expenses, approximately how much funds per person are deemed sufficient for a one-month UK trip?
5. Does the required amount change if I am/third-party is financing their trip?

I hope this clarifies my situation. I would highly appreciate any suggestions, advice, or comments.

Thank you for your help.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Standard visitor visa for family

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 24, 2024 9:36 am

goelc wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 7:19 pm
Hello moderators,

I have a query regarding Standard Visitor Visa for my parents and sister. I've provided detailed information about my background and my family’s background below. Some of this information may seem irrelevant, but I want to ensure I don't overlook anything. Apologies for the lengthy post.

My Details:
- I have been in the UK for over five years on a skilled worker visa and was granted ILR earlier this year.
- I am on a fixed-term contract that runs out in mid-August 2024, and I am currently working on extending my work contract.
- Marital status: single (in case this is relevant).

My Family:
- My family comprises of my parents and a younger sister. Both of my parents are retired and live in their own house in our home country. Their siblings also live in the same country.
- Both parents receive pensions, although my mum’s pension is quite small due to her private sector job, so she is dependant on my dad. The house is in my dad’s name.
- They have additional income from interest accrued from their savings, including savings accounts and fixed deposits.
- I think this seems enough to show their social and economic ties to the home country.

- My sister (single) lives with my parents and is employed. Although her job isn't highly paid, it is sufficient for her living expenses. She also has some savings, and fixed deposits in her name.
- My parents have one visa rejection, and my sister has two visa rejections by the Belgian embassy from about 6-7 years ago. The rejections were due to a mistake on our part where we applied for a ‘family visa’ instead of a ‘tourist visa.’ The Embassy rejected the visas on financial grounds which seemed relevant for the applied visa category. My parents don’t have any travel history, but my sister has since travelled to the UAE once.

Query:
I would like to invite my parents and sister to visit me in the UK on a visitor visa. I understand that previous rejections don't necessarily entail further rejections, and each country has its own policies and procedures. I'm being extra cautious to mitigate any grounds for refusal.
1. Would it be advisable to submit visa applications for my whole family together? I’ve been recommended by travel agencies that there’s a higher chance of rejection if applying for the entire family at once. I agree it's better to split them up
2. If not, would it be better to apply for my parents' visas first and then apply for my sister’s visa once theirs have been granted? That would be my suggestion
3. A close family friend, who has been a British citizen for over 10 years, is willing to invite and show sponsorship for my family for the trip. Is this advisable, given that I am not inviting them myself? You have ILR, you have same residency rights as a Brit, you can invite them yourself. Better ties as well
4. If my family supports their own expenses, approximately how much funds per person are deemed sufficient for a one-month UK trip? Why would you want to put a 1 month trip? 10-14 days max. Apart from flights, £200 should suffice.
5. Does the required amount change if I am/third-party is financing their trip? They still need to have ample savings in their accounts. To show that they're self sustaining back home. But you can fully sponsor them if you have the finances for that. 6 months payslips and account would be required

I hope this clarifies my situation. I would highly appreciate any suggestions, advice, or comments. If the Belgian visa (Schengen) rejection isn't on their passports, you don't have to mention it

Thank you for your help.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

goelc
Newly Registered
India

Post by goelc » Sun May 26, 2024 1:25 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. I have a few follow up questions as below:

1. Separate application of my parents and my sister (point 2 in the post): Could this be considered as fishy? Case worker may wonder why we didn't apply for visa together.
One reasoning I can give is that there's a change in travel plan and my sister will now be joining my folks. So, we explicitly show my parents visa and say that they will travel as soon as my sister gets the visa. Do you think that could work? Any other suggestions.

2. For my sister's personal ties to the home country - She is not married but her boyfriend lives in the same city. Is there a way to show the same to give case worker the confidence that she is a genuine visitor and will be returning back from the UK?

3. About Belgian visa rejection - do you mean rejection stamp in the passport?
There is no stamp at all in the passports, we only had received the letter from the Embassy. I am wondering if we don't show this rejection, what if it comes up in their system as countries usually share immigration data across borders, chances of which are probably very small?

Thank you!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun May 26, 2024 3:56 pm

I'm not sure about the advice given re rejection. If I remember correctly, there's a question about refusals from any country, so it's better to answer truthfully for this.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

goelc
Newly Registered
India

Post by goelc » Sun May 26, 2024 7:24 pm

Yes, that is right, there is a question about rejections in the past. And I agree it should not be lied upon. I am concerned if it could cause any troubles for UK visitor visa?

goelc
Newly Registered
India

Post by goelc » Tue May 28, 2024 12:46 pm

Hello Moderators,

Could you please let me know about the questions in this post?

Thank you for your help.
goelc wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 1:25 pm
Thank you for your suggestions. I have a few follow up questions as below:

1. Separate application of my parents and my sister (point 2 in the post): Could this be considered as fishy? Case worker may wonder why we didn't apply for visa together.
One reasoning I can give is that there's a change in travel plan and my sister will now be joining my folks. So, we explicitly show my parents visa and say that they will travel as soon as my sister gets the visa. Do you think that could work? Any other suggestions.

2. For my sister's personal ties to the home country - She is not married but her boyfriend lives in the same city. Is there a way to show the same to give case worker the confidence that she is a genuine visitor and will be returning back from the UK?

3. About Belgian visa rejection - do you mean rejection stamp in the passport?
There is no stamp at all in the passports, we only had received the letter from the Embassy. I am wondering if we don't show this rejection, what if it comes up in their system as countries usually share immigration data across borders, chances of which are probably very small?

Thank you!

goelc
Newly Registered
India

Documents for visitor visa for parents

Post by goelc » Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:59 pm

Hello Moderators,

I am writing to confirm the documents needed for the standard visitor visa for my parents and have couple of questions around it. I am planning to invite them to visit me in the UK for 2-3 weeks. I have the ILR and am fully employed.

My parents are retired and reside at their house owned by them. My sister resides with them and is fully employed. All the siblings, in laws and friends of my parents live in our home country. My parents have a stable regular income from their monthly pension and have savings in their bank accounts and fixed deposits. And I will be covering all their travel expenses.

They had been refused visa once for Belgium in 2017 and have no travel history. The refusal was based on the lack of demonstrated sufficient financial resources to support their travel and stay. The Embassy was not clear with the origin of funds and means of spending them. This was despite providing bank statements, pension statements and income tax returns. I don't feel the need to get into too much detail of previous refusal and raise any unnecessary concerns.
The reason I have mentioned is – "I had been refused a visa for the purpose of 'visiting family and friends' to visit my daughter in Belgium. The decision letter stated the reason for refusal as a lack of demonstrated sufficient financial resources to support my travel and stay during my visit."

List of the documents I am planning to attach is as follows:
1. My parents’ passports
2. Proof of relationship with me (copy of my passport)
3. Proof of my immigration status (copy of my BRP)
4. Invitation Letter from me
5. Their residential property papers in the home country
6. Pension statement of my father and mother for last 6 months
7. Bank account statement of my father and mother for last 6 months
8. Fixed deposit statement of my father and mother
9. Proof of accommodation arrangements in the UK - my latest Utility Bill & Council Tax Statement
10. My pay slips for last 6 months
11. My bank statements for last 6 months

Could you please let me know if these are enough?

Additional questions:
- Should I add passport copy of my sister to show as proof of additional family in the home country?
- I intend to apply for my sister’s visa later on after my parents have been granted the visa. Would sharing her passport details be problematic for her?
- There have no dependants back home. But they do have strong social ties in the home country. Is there any specific way to demonstrate that?
- Annual pension of my mother is about £350 while the opening balance in her bank statement is of the order of £3000. This is on account of accrued interest of the fixed deposits over a large period of time. Various transactions of money depositing into fixed deposits and crediting back into the account can be seen. I will attach the fixed deposits statement. Is there anything else that needs to be added to support the origin of the funds?

Thank you.

goelc
Newly Registered
India

Re: Documents for visitor visa for parents

Post by goelc » Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:32 pm

Hello moderators,

Could you please answer my queries in the above posts? Any help/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:00 pm

Based on your mums savings, when asked how much she would be personally spending in the UK, what would be your answer?

Same with your dad?

On the other hand, your documents look fine. You can only evidence what you have. Having a stable job back home always shows more stability and reason to go back. But, that boat has sailed (they're retired) and it is what it is.

goelc
Newly Registered
India

Post by goelc » Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:07 pm

Hi Ticktack. Thank you for your response.

Total spending in the UK: £1000 each for my mum and dad. I was initially thinking to sponsor their trip and show my bank statements and pay slips for the purpose. This was to cover the base for refusal for the previous Belgium visa in 2017.

I have been given advice to either show that my folks will be covering their expenses or splitting the costs between them and me (say like 60:40). What would you suggest?

Sorry for any confusion about the financial part. So, my mum has savings + fixed deposits of ca. £40k. Her regular income is ca £2400 (pension + regular interest from saving deposits). For her and my dad's financial position - I can attach bank statements, fixed deposit statements, balance certificates, and pension statements. Hope this will suffice.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:36 am

goelc wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:07 pm

Total spending in the UK: £1000 That's too much money. £100-£150 should be fine eacheach for my mum and dad. I was initially thinking to sponsor their trip and show my bank statements and pay slips for the purpose You can still sponsor them if you want, but they still need to show their finances. This was to cover the base for refusal for the previous Belgium visa in 2017.

I have been given advice to either show that my folks will be covering their expenses or splitting the costs between them and me (say like 60:40). What would you suggest? As above

Sorry for any confusion about the financial part. So, my mum has savings + fixed deposits of ca. £40k. Her regular income is ca £2400 (pension + regular interest from saving deposits). For her and my dad's financial position - I can attach bank statements, fixed deposit statements, balance certificates, and pension statements. Hope this will suffice. That would be fine. It's a lot of money they have stored/saved. Navigate the tricky questions of finances well and they should be fine.

goelc
Newly Registered
India

Post by goelc » Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:09 am

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:36 am
goelc wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:07 pm

Total spending in the UK: £1000 That's too much money. £100-£150 should be fine each £1000 included flight tickets as well which is the major expense.each for my mum and dad. I was initially thinking to sponsor their trip and show my bank statements and pay slips for the purpose You can still sponsor them if you want, but they still need to show their financesYes, I am definitely showing their finances to demonstrate their financial ties to the home country.. This was to cover the base for refusal for the previous Belgium visa in 2017.

I have been given advice to either show that my folks will be covering their expenses or splitting the costs between them and me (say like 60:40). What would you suggest? As above

Sorry for any confusion about the financial part. So, my mum has savings + fixed deposits of ca. £40k. Her regular income is ca £2400 (pension + regular interest from saving deposits). For her and my dad's financial position - I can attach bank statements, fixed deposit statements, balance certificates, and pension statements. Hope this will suffice. That would be fine. It's a lot of money they have stored/saved. Navigate the tricky questions of finances well and they should be fine.
Thank you for your inputs, appreciate it!