ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Combination of visa for ILR - SKV and Global talent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

SOC code change for ILR

Post by S_GUPTA » Thu May 23, 2024 6:25 pm

Hello,

I am due to apply for my ILR in May end 2024. I have asked my HR for the employee reference letter which state the SOC code. When my Tier 2 visa was applied in 2019, the CoS had SOC code 3534 - finance investment analysts. Due to changes in April 2024, the SOC code 3534 shows different role. In the new list, SOC code 2422 describe for Finance investment analyst, which aligns with my original Tier 2 visa SOC code. However, my HR says that my role comes under SOC code 2431 - Management consultant and business analysts. Which is different to my Tier 2 visa SOC code.

Is it alright if the letter says 2431 instead of 2422? Is there any implication on my ILR eligibility? My salary is anyways higher then the going rate of any of the SOC codes.

Really greatfull if someone can help.

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SOC code change for ILR

Post by zimba » Thu May 23, 2024 9:22 pm

The Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes assigned to each sponsored role have been simply updated from the 2010 codes to the 2020 codes, so your old SOC and the new 2020 SOC both should refer to the same job title/role. What is your job title/role actually ?

Search tool to find your SOC: https://cascotweb.warwick.ac.uk/#/class ... on/soc2020
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by S_GUPTA » Thu May 23, 2024 9:41 pm

Hi, my job title is finance systems data analyst. HR contacted the immigration lawyer and they suggested I follow the 2431 SOC code. That is why I am confused.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 24, 2024 1:41 am

It should be 2422.

I am always amazed by how many professional lawyers get things so wrong while giving simple advice. We regularly see terrible and incorrect advice from clueless lawyers all the time here. One way I suggest to approach lawyers is to push them to substantiate their claims with reference to official guides and rules. They should be challenged and asked to back up their claims with evidence. If you follow the UKVI guidance, you get the SOC code of 2422 for your job.

Here is where you can see how, as explained by the UKVI: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-codes

Tell your HR to challenge the lawyer on this issue and ask them why their advice does not match the official advice of the UKVI
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by S_GUPTA » Fri May 24, 2024 8:27 am

Thanks, I will ask my HR to do so. However, I wanted to know if they come back with same answer, will it be an issue to use 2431 as the new SOC code? will it cause any issue and impact my ILR eligibility?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 24, 2024 2:09 pm

S_GUPTA wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:27 am
Thanks, I will ask my HR to do so. However, I wanted to know if they come back with same answer, will it be an issue to use 2431 as the new SOC code? will it cause any issue and impact my ILR eligibility?
This could affect you as different SOC have different salary thresholds

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by S_GUPTA » Fri May 24, 2024 5:38 pm

My salary about 50% higher than the going rate of any of these SOC code. Will it still cause any issue?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 24, 2024 5:52 pm

S_GUPTA wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:38 pm
My salary about 50% higher than the going rate of any of these SOC code. Will it still cause any issue?
No. Also note that normally changing your SOC (job/role) requires you to get a new visa, hence a change of SOC could be problematic as the new 2020 SOC no longer matches its 2010 equivalent.

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR application immigration details

Post by S_GUPTA » Wed May 29, 2024 9:08 am

Hello,

While filling out the form, in the section where they asked for details if you have lived in a country outside UK including your birth country, I added all the countries where I have lived in past but forgot to enter the detail about my birth country itself.

I have mentioned that in the cover letter. will it be fine if I have mentioned it in my cover letter?

Thanks,

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by S_GUPTA » Wed May 29, 2024 9:09 am

Lawyers were fine to use 2422 in the end. So, that's good.

THanks, for your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application immigration details

Post by zimba » Wed May 29, 2024 9:54 am

S_GUPTA wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 9:08 am
Hello,

While filling out the form, in the section where they asked for details if you have lived in a country outside UK including your birth country, I added all the countries where I have lived in past but forgot to enter the detail about my birth country itself.

I have mentioned that in the cover letter. will it be fine if I have mentioned it in my cover letter?

Thanks,
That question does not matter at all. Do not worry about it at all
S_GUPTA wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 9:09 am
Lawyers were fine to use 2422 in the end. So, that's good.

THanks, for your help.
That is good

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: ILR application immigration details

Post by S_GUPTA » Wed May 29, 2024 9:55 am

Appreciate your prompt answer. Thanks a lot.

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Combination of visa for ILR - SKV and Global talent

Post by S_GUPTA » Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:59 pm

Hello,

My partner has arrived in UK on skilled workers visa and its been 2.5 years. She is eligible for global talent visa and will be applying for 3 years GTV. I wanted to know if anyone knows if we can use the time spent on SKV towards ILR. So, can she apply for ILR by being 6 months on GTV i.e. total stay for 3 years (2.5yrs on SKV and 0.5 yr on GTV)? If not, what are the options for ILR for her?

Thanks,
Sachin

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Combination of visa for ILR - SKV and Global talent

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:01 pm

S_GUPTA wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:59 pm
Hello,

My partner has arrived in UK on skilled workers visa and its been 2.5 years. She is eligible for global talent visa and will be applying for 3 years GTV. I wanted to know if anyone knows if we can use the time spent on SKV towards ILR. So, can she apply for ILR by being 6 months on GTV i.e. total stay for 3 years (2.5yrs on SKV and 0.5 yr on GTV)? If not, what are the options for ILR for her?

Thanks,
Sachin
Yes. Time spent as a main applicant under the skilled worker visa counts towards the ILR qualifying period when applying for ILR under GTV rules.

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by S_GUPTA » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:55 am

Hi,

thanks. I got another question. My partner is planning to apply GTV endorsement via peer view. I have read that peer review take 5-8 weeks. Her current BRP is due to expire mid July and with 8 weeks it, the decision will come after her BRP expires. If the visa is rejected, what are her option? can we apply for dependant visa as I have ILR, if the GTV is rejected. or does she need to leave UK and apply the dependent visa? Is there a window we can use to apply dependant visa from within UK, if the GTV is rejected?

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:00 pm

You can apply for the Global Talent visa at the same time as you apply for endorsement, or after you have the endorsement confirmed.

If your permission to stay in the UK is about to expire, applying for the visa will extend it until you’ve been given a decision.
https://www.gov.uk/global-talent-resear ... eer-review

Even in case of refusal, your partner may switch to the family route within 14 days.

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by S_GUPTA » Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:09 pm

Thanks. Yes, we were planning to apply for GTV endorsement and the visa together.

Its a relief if we get 14 days window after the rejection decision and can apply for family route within the 14 days after rejection. Just to check is it written somewhere in Gov.uk? if you don't mind, could you please sharing the link please?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:29 pm

S_GUPTA wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:09 pm
Thanks. Yes, we were planning to apply for GTV endorsement and the visa together.

Its a relief if we get 14 days window after the rejection decision and can apply for family route within the 14 days after rejection. Just to check is it written somewhere in Gov.uk? if you don't mind, could you please sharing the link please?
Paragraph 39E of the rules

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by S_GUPTA » Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:37 pm

Oh perfect. thanks a lot for your help.