ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Post by Angel99 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:34 am

Eni97 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:19 am
Yes our children have Italian Citizenship.In the application form we did put: he's permesso di soggiorno,identity card of both children (where It Is written both my name and my husband's name and their act of birth), marriage certificate,my work contract and my employer aslo filled up the appendix B with the stamp and everything.The only thing we didin't put was the payslips because It was only one week i started the job and I get payd fortnightly,he's visa was soon to expire and we wanted to send the form as soon as possible.What do you advice me to do.Thanks
If you added the work contract and appendix B from employer that's sufficient for temporary stamp 4. They will contact you again for your 2 recent payslips and possibly bank statement from you when they are about to finalise the application.

Contact them as I have advised you in the other post and request for acknowledgement letter and temporary stamp 4. Let your husband email them not you.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:39 am

I think there should be a post about how to prepare your documentation for EUTR1. I believe some people don't prepare their file in order (mixing application form page numbers, attaching documents to irrelevant ones and so on. Some don't even separate the documents with paper clips) The case worker will put your application aside and move to the next easiest one. Ireland is not other EU countries who have 1 page application form.

There are applicants who receive acknowledgement letter and temporary stamp 4 in 2 weeks (especially those with kids).

Eni97
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Eni97 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:40 am

Ok thank you very much☺️

LuisVieira
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by LuisVieira » Mon May 13, 2024 9:12 pm

Thanks

Daisy90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Daisy90 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:25 pm

Good day

I am a South African with a Spanish passport. I am currently working and living in Dublin. I recently married my wife before coming to Dublin. We got married in January 2024 and I started working in Dublin literally 8 days later. However, we've been together for 10 years. I earn enough to support her and I already have a lease in hers and my name and I will be getting two utilities in hers and my name as well. I also plan to open a joint bank account once she has arrived in June.

I would like to know, what are the chances that my EUTR1 application gets rejected? I am employed and I earn enough to cover both of us but I'm worried by the fact that we got married in the same month that I arrived in Ireland. It's a simple explanation, we wanted to get married in South Africa with our family before I moved.

We have photos of us since we started dating in 2015 but we never bought a property together, we stayed in my wife's mothers place from 2019 together and we both paid her rent but none of the utilities were in our name. Although we can show we have been together for 8 years, I'm just nervous that we don't have enough solid evidence to prove this, other than photos and bank transfer statements and that we travelled together.

Fzaryan1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fzaryan1 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:57 am

Angel99 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:23 am
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:06 am
Hello there,
I came in ireland with my family on 10 sep 2023 and i applied eutr1 for my family on 13 Nov 2023 would it effect my application as i didn’t get any kind of acknowledgment till now neither a stamp4 i have tried to contact them via email and registered post but no response .
Thank you

No it doesn't make any difference. Your family received 3 months landing stamps at the airport?

Your case, from the time you applied till now is too long. Either your application is abandoned, missing or something. Contact them and ask them to confirm they received your application. Add tracking number and delivery date.

If you still don't recieve a reply send a complaint to Solvit.

https://ec.europa.eu/eu-rights/enquiry- ... solvit-web
Hello,
As per your request i had sent my query to solvit but also at the mean time i contacted my local TD and thank to him i got an email of acknowledgement stating my family's application id no and person id no also for the process they told me that my applicationis still in process and would contact me as soon the decision has been made on my application. Also the solvit hasn't contacted me since then.
Thank you.

Fzaryan1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fzaryan1 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:33 pm

Fzaryan1 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:57 am
Angel99 wrote:
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Hello there,
I came in ireland with my family on 10 sep 2023 and i applied eutr1 for my family on 13 Nov 2023 would it effect my application as i didn’t get any kind of acknowledgment till now neither a stamp4 i have tried to contact them via email and registered post but no response .
Thank you

No it doesn't make any difference. Your family received 3 months landing stamps at the airport?

Your case, from the time you applied till now is too long. Either your application is abandoned, missing or something. Contact them and ask them to confirm they received your application. Add tracking number and delivery date.

Hello,
As per your request i had sent my query to solvit but also at the mean time i contacted my local TD and thank to him i got an email of acknowledgement stating my family's application id no and person id no also for the process they told me that my applicationis still in process and would contact me as soon the decision has been made on my application. Also the solvit hasn't contacted me since then.
Thank you.
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Angel99 wrote:
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Hello there,
Thank you

Hello,
Thank you.
Also should i follow-upmy case with solvit now or not
Thank you

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:14 pm

Fzaryan1 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:33 pm
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Angel99 wrote:
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Hello there,
Thank you

Hello,
Thank you.
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Angel99 wrote:
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Hello there,
Thank you

Hello,
Thank you.
Thank you
Hi,

Normally Solvit replies within a week. Did you send it direct to your EU sponsor's Solvit? or the normal complaint form.

If you didn't send direct you can try that.

https://ec.europa.eu/solvit/contact/index_en.htm

And you can make another complaint here;

https://ec.europa.eu/assets/sg/report-a ... laints_en/

When they take up your case the Irish ISD will have no option than to issue you a temporary stamp since they are going against the law. You are entitled to a temporary stamp from the day you lodged your application as an immediate family member.

move_23
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by move_23 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:14 pm

Hi there.

Finally my partner has received his Visa. And his IRP has arrived today.

My question is, on the IRP it is written that his visa is 'Stamp 4'. As we have applied trough eutr1a it should be 'Stamp 4 EUFAM', shouldn't it?

Well. what do you suggest me to do? Should we just live the normal life or should we notify immigration about this? My concern is if they take longer to analyse and replace the IRP card. It took about 6 months since the application and IRP card arrive.

move_23
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by move_23 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:15 pm

Hi there.

My question is, on the IRP it is written that his visa is 'Stamp 4'. As we have applied trough eutr1a it should be 'Stamp 4 EUFAM', shouldn't it?

Well. what do you suggest me to do? Should we just live the normal life or should we notify immigration about this? My concern is if they take longer to analyse and replace the IRP card. It took about 6 months since the application and IRP card arrive.

caf318
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by caf318 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:23 pm

Thank you, Angel. I sent a letter by registered post which was received on May 6th. I've still not had a reply, two weeks later. I received a generic email response (per usual) which just says 'there is no estimated time frame for final decisions' (I wasn't asking for a final decision, just my acknowledgement letter) and 'make sure all information is included in the application for speedy processing'.

I included every single requested document, all neatly organised and clipped into sections etc. I just don't understand this hold up and it's causing significant stress and hardship as I'm unable to work without the temporary stamp 4, so we're trying to make ends meet on one salary between my husband and I.

I've just emailed Solvit to see if they can help. I'm feeling at a total loss with this whole process and the lack of communication from the department. Is there anything else I'm able to do? I'm submitting a second letter by registered post tomorrow. I really just want to know my application is in their hands and being worked on, and I can't understand why they won't tell me this? So disheartening.
Angel99 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 3:47 am
caf318 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:30 pm
Hello,

Thank you to all of the board members, I've been lurking and reading advice/timings for a couple of months now. I submitted my EUTR1 application on 7th March, 2024. It was received by registered post on 11th March, 2024. I've yet to hear anything from the DoJ, including any acknowledgment letter, and am beginning to panic as my permission to stay expires on 8th June.

I am based in Dublin and visited Burgh Quay today who told me all I can do is email the EU Treaty Rights Dept, who I've emailed numerous times the last few weeks requesting an acknowledgment letter and a temporary stamp 4. I always just get a generic response back with no helpful information. This morning, I sent a letter by registered post requesting the same, with all of my relevant details.

I just wondered if this wait time is normal for anyone else, and what happens once my permission expires on 8th June? I have a short trip to London planned in August, as well as a trip home to America in September, and I'm worried I'd be denied re-entry back into Ireland if my permission is expired. I'd feel so much better having the acknowledgment letter from the DoJ but their email system seems impenetrable.

Any advice or similar stories would be helpful!
Your letter and email should include;
Your name
Your spouse name
Your date of birth
Address with Eirecode
Post tracking number
Sending date
Delivery date.

Unfortunately that's how it is for Ireland until they join Schengen someday. By the mid of May if you don't receive any correspondence from them, send them another letter and new email ( don't use previous sent email) then on subject write Acknowledgement letter and Temporary stamp 4 (After 1 week no reply, contact Solvit)

If your visa expire, you are allowed to stay so far as you are still a qualified family member of an EU citizen ( Technically you have unlimited stay in EU)

Wait until you receive a temporary stamp 4 before you travel. Else you will have a hard time with the border officials when you are returning from America. UK to Ireland won't be a problem if you are travelling with your spouse. Use the Northern Ireland route to enter Ireland.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:26 pm

move_23 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 9:15 pm
Hi there.

What's the content of letter you got? Is that definitely a final approval?

It should be EUFAM, but technically, if could be a temporary stamp, for example. You'd have to refer to your documentation to find out.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

move_23
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by move_23 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:49 pm

It has an expiry date for 2029. So it is not temporary, isn't it?

But the first 5 years is a temporary residence card. After 5 years is a permanent, right?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:52 pm

move_23 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 9:49 pm
It has an expiry date for 2029. So it is not temporary, isn't it?

But the first 5 years is a temporary residence card. After 5 years is a permanent, right?
Then it is a proper residence card indeed. What I meant by temporary stamp is the one given while documents are processed.

Just on the off chance - you're not British, right?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

move_23
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by move_23 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:20 pm

No, I'm portuguese.

The letter doesn't mention neither 'Stamp 4' nor 'Stamp 4 Eufam'. It says the application to be treated as a permitted family member of EU citizen has been accepted.

My point is. What would be the impacts of having an IRP without the 'Stamp 4 EUFAM' and just 'Stamp 4'?

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue May 21, 2024 4:08 am

move_23 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:20 pm
No, I'm portuguese.

The letter doesn't mention neither 'Stamp 4' nor 'Stamp 4 Eufam'. It says the application to be treated as a permitted family member of EU citizen has been accepted.

My point is. What would be the impacts of having an IRP without the 'Stamp 4 EUFAM' and just 'Stamp 4'?
Some EUTR letters don't state the stamp nor even expiry date of the permission. They just mention apply for your permanent residence card 6 months before your 5th year.

It can be possible the Garda Immigration he registered with made a mistake because "what they mentioned on your letter simply means Stamp 4 EUFam. Can you hide the confidential stuffs on the letter and upload it here?

It would be best you go to that Garda station you registered with and also email the EUTR unit and ask them about the IRP your partner was registered with.

Do not think after'll your partner has permission so he can enjoy that privilege.

After 5years it will go against him.

confettipineapple
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by confettipineapple » Tue May 21, 2024 9:32 pm

hi there
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Angel99 wrote:
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Hello there,
Thank you

Hello,
Thank you.
Hey @Fzaryan where did you find the local TD?
I've emailed 1 or 2 I've found in Dublin 2 weeks ago, but no reply yet ..

*Situation for context: my husband (Indian) applied for EUTR1 application / qualified member on 2nd of April - was received on 3rd of April. we've had absolutely no replies or acknowledgement letters so after 5 weeks we've sent a registered letter with all details to request acknowledgement letter, application ID and temporary stamp 4 - no response. sent complaint to solvit and email to one TD beginning of last week (I live in Rathmines, EU Treaty Rights address is in Dublin 2 - not sure which TD to write to specifically?)
no reply yet! we've sent another request letter under same format Monday and was received this morning.. similar situation to the below, losing our minds as his visa 3 months' stamp expires 28 May and we have no sort of communication.
What else can we do?

IR_portal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Eu Tr1 ( EU fAM) sTAMP 4

Post by IR_portal » Fri May 24, 2024 10:43 am

Hello everyone, I have a similar case here. I sent my EU TR1(Fam) application yesterday 23/05/2024 and it delivered 8am this morning, i got notification from AnPost because i requested a notification once its delivers. My questions now is what are the steps and process involved after ones application as delivered.
- Do I wait for an acknowledged email, or will a letter be sent to my home?
- Any idea waiting period for this?
What is the next step and waiting period after I get an acknowledged message from them.

I am asking because I relocated to Ireland with my Polish spouse from Poland. She has been exercising her EU treaty rights since February because I had to wait several months to get the EU treaty visa from Poland. My 90-day permission will expire early next month, and moreover, I applied for a government job,, with which I explained that I am waiting for my application to be approved, I got an interview scheduled for next week.I am just a bit stressed right now, as I don't know how long i can wait to get the temporary or the full GNIB card or what ever name its referred to. I also need to fly to poland and get some few things done but scared I might have issues at the border returning or no airline might even carry me from poland.
The stress of not able to open a bank account is also a big thing here. I was able to get my PPSN done and collected my PPS card thou. Can you also advise on how I can open a bank account, I used a phone bill but it was denied. I am a Nigerian citizen with a polish card residence and just relocated here with my polish spouse.

Please can anyone drive me through this whole process.I have read few success stories on here and i wish i will also be able to share mine very soon.

thanks

Kind regards

Fzaryan3
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fzaryan3 » Mon May 27, 2024 9:53 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 5:14 pm
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:33 pm
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Angel99 wrote:
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Hello there,
Thank you

Hello,
Thank you.
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Angel99 wrote:
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Hello there,
Thank you

Hello,
Thank you.
Thank you
Hi,

Normally Solvit replies within a week. Did you send it direct to your EU sponsor's Solvit? or the normal complaint form.

If you didn't send direct you can try that.

https://ec.europa.eu/solvit/contact/index_en.htm

And you can make another complaint here;

https://ec.europa.eu/assets/sg/report-a ... laints_en/

When they take up your case the Irish ISD will have no option than to issue you a temporary stamp since they are going against the law. You are entitled to a temporary stamp from the day you lodged your application as an immediate family member.
Hello angel,
I just received an email from solvit last week saying that they have contacted Irish authorities and they got this reply from them
“I would expect that the applicants will receive correspondence in the coming week.“
I.e this week they have also said me if u not any post contact us again. I just want an opinion do u think that will issue me correspondence in this week based on thier reply or they will make me wait 😭
Thank you .

Fzaryan3
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fzaryan3 » Mon May 27, 2024 10:08 pm

confettipineapple wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:32 pm
hi there
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Angel99 wrote:
Fzaryan1 wrote:
Hello there,
Thank you

Hello,
Thank you.
Hey @Fzaryan where did you find the local TD?
I've emailed 1 or 2 I've found in Dublin 2 weeks ago, but no reply yet ..

*Situation for context: my husband (Indian) applied for EUTR1 application / qualified member on 2nd of April - was received on 3rd of April. we've had absolutely no replies or acknowledgement letters so after 5 weeks we've sent a registered letter with all details to request acknowledgement letter, application ID and temporary stamp 4 - no response. sent complaint to solvit and email to one TD beginning of last week (I live in Rathmines, EU Treaty Rights address is in Dublin 2 - not sure which TD to write to specifically?)
no reply yet! we've sent another request letter under same format Monday and was received this morning.. similar situation to the below, losing our minds as his visa 3 months' stamp expires 28 May and we have no sort of communication.
What else can we do?
Hello there,
There is actually no need to worry because they send acknowledgment in rare cases also for acknowledgment 8 to 9 weeks are at least required. In my case they didn’t gave me acknowledgment at all. I just called my local TD office and asked him to snd an email after explaining my situation. I myself think it’s best not to give every document except the employment ones. At miss a tendency agreement. Because in this way there will contact you requiring more documentation. And you will know that they are proceeding your application. As per your 3 month temporary visa it’s irrelevant you are allowed to live in Ireland until the decision on your application is made. I would prefer you to contact your local td office by searching for his no online and ring him most probably his secretory would answer you and she/he has an authority to make an email on the behalf of TD to immigration department. Note that it takes 6 months or more for them to make a decision really depends on application.
Thank you

confettipineapple
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by confettipineapple » Tue May 28, 2024 9:06 am

HI all :) quick update - we literally got acknowledgement letter and notice for registering for temp stamp 4 yesterday (beginning of 8th week after sending the file). I feel like it is very late per our understanding of the regulations around EUTR1 family visa? like double time
thus impacting financial situation and employment opportunities
nevertheless, very happy to have a reply and looking forward to close this chapter- just very unclear why it would take so long to send us an acknowledgement letter when they mentioned they received the file on 5th of April 2024.

FYI - they requested additional documents such as:

- the original tenancy registry letters from RTB - which I hope I kept somewhere but I requested online version too; however wish I knew from the get go
- employment detail summary / tax credit certificate (easily available on revenue.ie)
- utility bill in the name of EU citizen - thank God I signed up for Wifi cause there's literally nothing else I could show with this electricity prepay system!

caf318
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by caf318 » Tue May 28, 2024 11:58 am

Does anyone have any guidance on how long it takes the department to respond via registered post? My application was delivered over 11 weeks ago, and I still have no acknowledgement letter or temporary permissions, and all I get via email is generic responses.

I sent a letter by registered post on 3rd May which was delivered 6th May and I still haven't had a reply. My current permissions expire on 8th June. I'm so stressed out as I am planning to visit family in America this summer and don't know if I'll have issues re-entering.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue May 28, 2024 3:41 pm

@Fzaryan3 they will issue correspondence to you + other applicants nextweek. If you still don't recieve yours by then do exactly what they told you.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue May 28, 2024 3:50 pm

confettipineapple wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 9:06 am
HI all :) quick update - we literally got acknowledgement letter and notice for registering for temp stamp 4 yesterday (beginning of 8th week after sending the file). I feel like it is very late per our understanding of the regulations around EUTR1 family visa? like double time
thus impacting financial situation and employment opportunities
nevertheless, very happy to have a reply and looking forward to close this chapter- just very unclear why it would take so long to send us an acknowledgement letter when they mentioned they received the file on 5th of April 2024.

FYI - they requested additional documents such as:

- the original tenancy registry letters from RTB - which I hope I kept somewhere but I requested online version too; however wish I knew from the get go
- employment detail summary / tax credit certificate (easily available on revenue.ie)
- utility bill in the name of EU citizen - thank God I signed up for Wifi cause there's literally nothing else I could show with this electricity prepay system!
Hi,

I'm surprised they requested for employment summary/tax certificate from you. Normally
they just need EU citizen 2 payslips.

And Utility bill (garbage collection).

You should have submitted landlord confirmation letter earlier, maybe they wouldn't have requested for RTB.

Fzaryan3
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fzaryan3 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:34 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 3:41 pm
@Fzaryan3 they will issue correspondence to you + other applicants nextweek. If you still don't recieve yours by then do exactly what they told you.
Hello angel,
Unfortunately i didn’t receive any kind of corespondance from them and it’s been a week i have tried to contact them. By replying them on same email. But they didn’t reply me after that.
What should i do?
Thank you