ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Step Child Evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ConfusedMySelf
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Step Child Evidence

Post by ConfusedMySelf » Fri May 24, 2024 4:08 pm

Hi everyone, head is spinning, the spouse extension seems more complicated... And I'm stressing

I have a loving relationship with my step child, son of my husband from a previous marriage who stays with us during all school holidays due to distance

UK spouse Visa Extension form is requesting evidence of written agreement between my husband and his ex wife about my access to the child.... We are married so naturally I'm in his life but there's no written agreement as the original court order order was made almost 6 years ago

They have been divorced for over 7 years and nowadays just agree contact between themselves, not the most amicable relationship but matured over the years

Is this necessary? Can my husband write a supporting letter explaining the situation and circumstances?

Thank you so much

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Step Child Evidence

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 26, 2024 7:04 am

ConfusedMySelf wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 4:08 pm
Hi everyone, head is spinning, the spouse extension seems more complicated... And I'm stressing

I have a loving relationship with my step child, son of my husband from a previous marriage who stays with us during all school holidays due to distance

UK spouse Visa Extension form is requesting evidence of written agreement between my husband and his ex wife about my access to the child.... We are married so naturally I'm in his life but there's no written agreement as the original court order order was made almost 6 years ago

They have been divorced for over 7 years and nowadays just agree contact between themselves, not the most amicable relationship but matured over the years

Is this necessary? Can my husband write a supporting letter explaining the situation and circumstances?

Thank you so much
As you said the relationship has mastured, let your husband try getting such written letter from the ex-wife and mother of the child.
If not able to obtain can then write the supporting letter to explain.