ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing of status from dependent of an Irish Citizen child to spouse of an Irish National

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnnah
Ireland

Changing of status from dependent of an Irish Citizen child to spouse of an Irish National

Post by Johnnah » Fri May 24, 2024 10:26 pm

Hi,

So I am changing my status as a dependent of an Irish Citizen child to a spouse of an Irish national. I was told by my local immigration that I need a letter from department of justice in order for her to change that. From my own understanding on the website, I just need to go to my local immigration office bring my marriage contract and other documents then they can change my status. I just don't want to pay the 300 euro Irp card again to be honest.

Johnnah
Ireland

Re: Changing of status from dependent of an Irish Citizen child to spouse of an Irish National

Post by Johnnah » Fri May 24, 2024 11:05 pm

Johnnah wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:26 pm
Hi,

So I am changing my status as a dependent of an Irish Citizen child to a spouse of an Irish national. I was told by my local immigration that I need a letter from department of justice in order for her to change that. Instead of asking me for a copy of my marriage contract she asked for my husband's payslip. From my own understanding on the website, I just need to go to my local immigration office bring my marriage contract and other documents then they can change my status. I just don't want to pay the 300 euro Irp card again to be honest.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Changing of status from dependent of an Irish Citizen child to spouse of an Irish National

Post by meself2 » Sat May 25, 2024 1:08 am

Johnnah wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:26 pm
. I was told by my local immigration that I need a letter from department of justice in order for her to change that. From my own understanding on the website, I just need to go to my local immigration office bring my marriage contract and other documents then they can change my status.
They can, but it does not mean they will.
If for whatever reason they don't want to make a decision on the spot, they'll refer you to SOIN unit in ISD, so you'd need to fill out an application and all.
If the Immigration Officer is not satisfied that you are meeting the conditions of your permission, you may be referred to the Spouse of Irish National Unit.
Get the required doumcents and send it to SOIN unit; read more on the website (https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... al-scheme/ ).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sat May 25, 2024 9:32 pm

With 26 pages of application form and all the documents needed I think I'm just gonna stay on my existing status.