ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

momer79

Passport Interview?

Post by momer79 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:11 am

Hi,

Has anyone recently attended passport interview in leeds or any where in uk? and What sort of questions do they ask in the interview? Just want to get idea.

Thanks

Pisces

Re: Passport Interview?

Post by Pisces » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:52 am

momer79 wrote:Hi,

Has anyone recently attended passport interview in leeds or any where in uk? and What sort of questions do they ask in the interview? Just want to get idea.

Thanks
My interview would be around mid November I believe, I have read in this forum someone mentioning following question may be asked in the interview:
- You Referrer's name address & age, and how and how long you know him/her.
- Parents date of Birth.
- Previous address & who else lived with you at those addresses.
- Bank Accounts.
- How passport application is made (method).
- What document have you sent with the application.
- Have these documents are already returned?
- At what address these documents were returned (if already returned).
- Mortgage details (if any).
- Loan details (if any).

In general you should read your Nationalisation application before interview, a friend of mine attended the interview recently and according to him it seems like the interviewer have the application form open on the computer and was asking questions of all sorts from the application to confirm applicant identity.
Last edited by Pisces on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:59 am

If they ask for the parents' date of marriage, don't see how they would be able to check this? You could give any answer...it's not required for past visa applications.
Would be difficult enough getting my husband to remember our own wedding date! :roll:

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:02 pm

They will ask you what you have written on your application and some info about bank, housing, loans, mortgages etc. If you put your parents birthdays and date of marriage then it may be ask. So they have already inform about you before you set for interview. But every interviewer will have different questions ask as they feel like it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Well Pisces, it's always better to be armed with more information than you need...and I'll be the first to admit that the UKBA ask the strangest of questions at times! :roll:

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:03 pm

I sat in whilst my wife was being interviewed. On top of things already mentioned she was asked about the person who signed her photo (including his age) and how she applied for her passport (ie where).

They asked a lot more than 3 or 4 questions....

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Are you allowed to take a copy of your naturalization application or other written information to the interview?, I am just thinking that certain info like your referees address and age are not the kind of info that you would necessarily remember off the top of your head.
'In everything give thanks'

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:08 pm

OFCHARITY wrote:Are you allowed to take a copy of your naturalization application or other written information to the interview?, I am just thinking that certain info like your referees address and age are not the kind of info that you would necessarily remember off the top of your head.
No, they are trying to confirm your identity. I don't think it's an issue if you don't get everything perfect (my wife didn't get her referee's age right, though she was close enough).

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 pm

hi
Could anyone pls tell me the office for passport interview in london - is it london victoria/elephant and castle.

thx

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:20 pm

dolphin_m70 wrote:hi
Could anyone pls tell me the office for passport interview in london - is it london victoria/elephant and castle.

thx
On the directgov website it is listed as

Hannibal House
Elephant & Castle
SE1 6TE

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:44 pm

hi
thx for the reply
i got the letter today confirming the same place
wondering if anybody has recently been to intw, pls share ur exp

thx

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 pm

hi
djb123 wrote: On the directgov website it is listed as

Hannibal House
Elephant & Castle
SE1 6TE
thx for the reply
i got the letter today confirming the same place
wondering if anybody has recently been to intw, pls share ur exp

thx

cheekymonkey
Newly Registered

passport interview

Post by cheekymonkey » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:24 pm

I've just had my interview for a passport application, it only took 15 minutes.
The chap on the desk seemed friendly at first, but when I stood up to look out of the window he quickly pointed out that I should remain in my seat until I was called into the interview booth.
I wouldn't recommend taking any written information apart from the appointment letter, the woman who interviewed me got quite snotty when I tried to show her my bank statement when she asked if I had a bank account (something to the effect that I should not look at my papers as I might be trying to read information)
In addition the the previous replies, she also asked how many bank accounts I'd had, whether I'd had any other previous addresses, and if I had any mail order catalogues.
They said I should hear back within 4 days, I'll update this as soon as I hear from them.
Quick update- passport arrived today, 1st October 2009, hand delivered by a nice man in a red peugeout 306!
Last edited by cheekymonkey on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:50 am

Remember if you cant understand English all that well, they have interpreters and translators available. You have to request it though.

Sometimes people find the Yorkshire accent a bit difficult to understand

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:25 pm

hi
I went for the interview today
the guy who was intwg me was nice, he said he will repeat the questions if i dont understand.
then he asked the basic questions

my name, spell the name, address,mother's name and dob, father's name and dob, previous address, wife's name and dob, my phone no,countersignatory's name and age,job title

also he asked me abt the date i had my nationality cermony (i forgot the date and said the month which also was incorrect.)
then he asked where was the ceremony, how did i send my appl for ppt.
also wat all documents did i send with the appl

then he asked me abt the financial - loan, credit card, bank acc details,mortgage

the whole thing finished in approx 5-8 mins
the last thing he said is, i should receive the outcome in 4 days time

Now just waiting for the ppt

Intw on 5th ,Got my passport today on 7th Oct.

thank u everybody for ur help ,its been long journey now i can put my feet up :o
Last edited by dolphin_m70 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indianadr
United Kingdom

Post by indianadr » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:52 pm

dolphin_m70 wrote:hi
I went for the interview today
the guy who was intwg me was nice, he said he will repeat the questions if i dont understand.
then he asked the basic questions

my name, spell the name, address,mother's name and dob, father's name and dob, previous address, wife's name and dob, my phone no,countersignatory's name and age,job title

also he asked me abt the date i had my nationality cermony (i forgot the date and said the month which also was incorrect.)
then he asked where was the ceremony, how did i send my appl for ppt.
also wat all documents did i send with the appl

then he asked me abt the financial - loan, credit card, bank acc details,mortgage

the whole thing finished in approx 5-8 mins
the last thing he said is, i should receive the outcome in 4 days time

Now just waiting for the ppt
Hi dolphin_m70,
Thanks for sharing the info
Mallik