ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hannah27

ILR questions

Post by hannah27 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:44 am

Hi All

Am in the process of sorting my husbands ilr application, two quick questions, he is on a spouse visa currently so the correct form to use is Set M is this correct?

Also he entered the country on 2nd December 2007 and his visa expires on 30th November 2009 so we have booked the appointment at the Croydon office for 5th November 2009 is this the correct date to book it, I just get confused with the 28 days thing!

Also just to let you know we booked an appointment online and it was very straight forward!

Thanks in advance

Hannah

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:56 am

Both the form SET(M) and the date are correct. He's passed the Life in the UK test or completed an ESOL with Citizens course?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Isn't it the case that you can apply 28days before if you apply by post, because by the time they deal with it, you have completed 24 months.

In OP's case where she is applying in person, she's only done 23 months according to the dates she has given?. I may be wrong, so dont take my word for it.... just a thought!!!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:38 pm

The rule is apply 28 days before the (equivalent) entry date 2 years previously...so she's fine.

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks for your responses, yes he's passed the life in uk test so thats all fine.

Glad Im ok on the dates think im just being paranoid!! :?

Thanks again

hannah