ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:25 pm

my friend got his refrence letter the wording is your application has been placed in chronologial order along with all new application.while the average process time is currently 26 months,a series of measure are being introduced to provide for processing of citizenship application to bring about a substantial reduction in the processing timescale.these measures are targeted at clearing the backlog of application awaiting a decision in excess of SIX MONTHS by sring of next year and from that time on the aim is,save in expeptional circumstances,that person applying for citizenship will be given a decision on their application within SIX MONTHS.if further document and/or clarification of any matter related to this application is required,we will be in touch with you at that time.otherwise,you will recieve a letter informing you of the minister's decision on the application. it would greatly assist us if you only contact us if it is absolutely necessary as this will allow us to devote the maxmum time to the processing of applications.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:46 pm

This is regarding those who got citizenship approval recently.
In case of those who were not invited to the citizenship ceremony and had to go via the "old" route of booking an appointment in the court and then submit the relevant papers etc. , when do you have to submit the bank draft and the GNIB card to INIS?--do you have to do this as soon as you get the letter of approval from the INIS or do you have to do this only after you take the oath and then you submit the above 2 items along with the oath document signed by the judge?

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:01 pm

strongbow wrote:This is regarding those who got citizenship approval recently.
In case of those who were not invited to the citizenship ceremony and had to go via the "old" route of booking an appointment in the court and then submit the relevant papers etc. , when do you have to submit the bank draft and the GNIB card to INIS?--do you have to do this as soon as you get the letter of approval from the INIS or do you have to do this only after you take the oath and then you submit the above 2 items along with the oath document signed by the judge?
Yes, you send everything only after you have taken the oath.
Its never too late

Godstime
- thin ice -

Post by Godstime » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:49 am

has this happened to anyone. i applied through a lawyer last year October and i received a reference number. my lawyer then requested for an update recently and he said that he was told i have to fill the new application form and that it would still be treated like as an old application. i find that very strange. i applied based on five year stamp 4.

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:25 pm

No signs of next ceremony yet :?

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:44 am

taquilasunrise wrote:No signs of next ceremony yet :?
Anyone received approval after 1st October so far?????

ihk
Newly Registered

Update from DOJ

Post by ihk » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 am

I rang the DOJ Tipperary office today.
My details are as follow;
Applied aug 2009 acknowledgment sept 2009
Applied based on work authorisation stamp 4
I do not have LTR as I work as a doctor and LTR requirements for doctors
Is nearly 8 years
I do not have Irish born child
The lady told me 'your application is currently in process and this department is determining whether you meet the statutory requirements or not'
Then she said, it is in the final processing stages and once the above is determined it will be sent to minister for approval.
When I asked how much will the process take, she said she cannot give a time frame, but it should not be too long and you will here from us.
I don't know what to make of all this, in one way it is reassuring that at least the processing has commenced as feedback from this forum about application progress has been disappointing lately as very few approvals.
On the other hand, my concern is that whether determination to meet statutory criteria is done at early stage of processing or late. What about clearance from outside agencies? As that takes the most time, from this lady reply should I presume that all that has been done?
Your feedback and comments please
Thank you

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Next ceremony is on 9th Dec !! :D

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:Next ceremony is on 9th Dec !! :D
How do you know? You got approval today?

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Approval letter not yet received but INIS mary confirmed next ceremony on 9th Dec, so people keep fingers crossed !!

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:53 pm

so that you stating your application is approved? If so then congratulations to you.
taquilasunrise wrote:Approval letter not yet received but INIS mary confirmed next ceremony on 9th Dec, so people keep fingers crossed !!

Green land

Post by Green land » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:49 am

Hi guys, I received a letter this morning saying my application is at advanced stage and decision will issue in a due course. I applied in Aug 2009. Letter of acknowledgment received 1st Sep 2009.

Would anybody know if this will mean that it was sent for signing?

realhope

Post by realhope » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:29 am

Green land wrote:Hi guys, I received a letter this morning saying my application is at advanced stage and decision will issue in a due course. I applied in Aug 2009. Letter of acknowledgment received 1st Sep 2009.

Would anybody know if this will mean that it was sent for signing?
great news. did you write to them recently? do u have LTR?
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

Green land

Post by Green land » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:43 pm

I sent them a copy of my new passport in the beginning of Sep as the old one expired. The letter to acknowledge the receipt of that came this morning with the extra sentence for the advanced stage :) No LTR as I am EU citizen.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:30 pm

It seems that the old system of booking appointments in the courts for taking oath for citizenship has been scrapped altogether (at least in Dublin). My wife had phoned up the Dublin court to get an idea of the waiting period etc at the courts but the person at the court informed that INIS is handling the appointments directly--the Dublin court is not giving any direct appointments to the candidates for taking oath. So it looks like whoever gets the approval letter (at least in the Dublin area) will go through the citizenship ceremony only.

@AUCK - any further word on your approval status? you are from Aug-2009 right??

uniemperor
BANNED

Post by uniemperor » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Green land wrote:I sent them a copy of my new passport in the beginning of Sep as the old one expired. The letter to acknowledge the receipt of that came this morning with the extra sentence for the advanced stage :) No LTR as I am EU citizen.
Oh lucky you, i wrote them a month ago with some document, never got a reply till now, please how many weeks does it take them to reply you ?

:D

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:12 pm

uniemperor wrote:
Oh lucky you, i wrote them a month ago with some document, never got a reply till now, please how many weeks does it take them to reply you ?

:D
Welcome back Angelcountry

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:50 am

Nothing so far from them she told me it's send to the minister for decision that's it.......... and I am of June 09 applicant.

thx.
strongbow wrote:It seems that the old system of booking appointments in the courts for taking oath for citizenship has been scrapped altogether (at least in Dublin). My wife had phoned up the Dublin court to get an idea of the waiting period etc at the courts but the person at the court informed that INIS is handling the appointments directly--the Dublin court is not giving any direct appointments to the candidates for taking oath. So it looks like whoever gets the approval letter (at least in the Dublin area) will go through the citizenship ceremony only.

@AUCK - any further word on your approval status? you are from Aug-2009 right??

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 am

gys it's good news, my application is approved they sending out letter on today will be received tomorow

buy thx. see u

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:14 am

AUCK wrote:gys it's good news, my application is approved they sending out letter on today will be received tomorow

buy thx. see u
Did they tell you that you got approval over the phone?

patiently waiting
Newly Registered

Post by patiently waiting » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi all! I was told that INIS has recieved files from minister's office and will be sending letters to applicants in 2-3 days. Let's hope next week we'll get good news.

Diago1234567
Newly Registered

Post by Diago1234567 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi guys great news just finished with citizenship and told me my approval letter has been sent to me today
Applied may 09

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Diago1234567 wrote:Hi guys great news just finished with citizenship and told me my approval letter has been sent to me today
Applied may 09
Did they actually tell you that you got approval over the phone?? I phoned this morning and the lady just told me that they will send out letter but did not say it was approval or not.

Diago1234567
Newly Registered

Post by Diago1234567 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:52 pm

The lady told me approval letter will be sent to you

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:13 pm

sorry I was at work

yes she did confirm OVER the phone that my application was approved and they sending out a letter on today and that will be received by 2moro.

oh yes she also said for ceremony on 9th of december.

churchholigan wrote:
AUCK wrote:gys it's good news, my application is approved they sending out letter on today will be received tomorow

buy thx. see u
Did they tell you that you got approval over the phone?