ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Hello
My friends I think somebody has requested to me for this picture.

monte

Post by monte » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:33 pm

There is almost 6 weeks to the next ceremony so lets be hopeful.

Sam Witwickey
Newly Registered

Post by Sam Witwickey » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:42 pm

hello all,

great to meet all of you here, i'm new here and needed advise/help on my application. I applied in Sept 2010 for naturalised cert after 11 yrs. I was on work permit (2000-05), IBC05 (2005-09) and on WCATT now stamp 5.

Got the ref number in Oct 2010 and since then have not heard anything. i have 2 concerns, firstly in 2004-05 i was unemployed due to work permit problem for 4 months, i claimed social welfare funds but were asked to repay back due to excess payment (getting wages and claiming as well) this is all due to misunderstanding between employer n welfare. Long story short, I've repaid back untill today every month with agreement with them(the welfare dept). I've been working all the time since arriving here (except those time above) and paying tax/prsi (P21/p60) all updated.. Will this matter effect my application?

Secondly, I had 2 points on my license for speeding fine notice plus in 2009 was caught driving a car without insurance by garda. In 2010 when to court for hearing but the case was dismissed by the judge in oct 2011 . The procecuting garda was absence twice in court!!..Case close. So in all this i really need advise from all of you here as my situation now. Do you think my application will be rejected? I'm so worried now that i could not sleep well at all. I've heard so many bad stories and dare not call INIS to ask them!!..Help!!..

:(

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:47 pm

monte wrote:Hi PIKKA,

when was your garda report requested?
I don't remember the exact time but definitely more than one year. I asked her why there are many people after me are getting their decisions but I am still waiting. She said I understand many people are saying the same thing and this sounds crazy but we are waiting for the report.........????????? :(
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Sam Witwickey wrote:hello all,

great to meet all of you here, i'm new here and needed advise/help on my application. I applied in Sept 2010 for naturalised cert after 11 yrs. I was on work permit (2000-05), IBC05 (2005-09) and on WCATT now stamp 5.

Got the ref number in Oct 2010 and since then have not heard anything. i have 2 concerns, firstly in 2004-05 i was unemployed due to work permit problem for 4 months, i claimed social welfare funds but were asked to repay back due to excess payment (getting wages and claiming as well) this is all due to misunderstanding between employer n welfare. Long story short, I've repaid back untill today every month with agreement with them(the welfare dept). I've been working all the time since arriving here (except those time above) and paying tax/prsi (P21/p60) all updated.. Will this matter effect my application?

Secondly, I had 2 points on my license for speeding fine notice plus in 2009 was caught driving a car without insurance by garda. In 2010 when to court for hearing but the case was dismissed by the judge in oct 2011 . The procecuting garda was absence twice in court!!..Case close. So in all this i really need advise from all of you here as my situation now. Do you think my application will be rejected? I'm so worried now that i could not sleep well at all. I've heard so many bad stories and dare not call INIS to ask them!!..Help!!..

:(
Welcome to the Forum.
Those bad stories are from the Past now Every thing would be OK, you are going to get your approval in few weeks or months time........ Be happy :D
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 pm

monte wrote:There is almost 6 weeks to the next ceremony so lets be hopeful.
Yes in 6 weeks time may be there is another wave of approvals and we are also enjoying the same sigh of relief???????????
PIKKA

One day

Post by One day » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:37 pm

If the reports was sent by walking from China it should of been received by now , I don't what they are doing with our reports ...let's pray and hope we will be going to the ceremony with the others soon

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi Pikka and one day,
you both are great persons specially Pikka always supportive and kind and giving the hope to the others

you both remind me with tow other members here in the forum
Marisa and Aceform back on June at the first wave of approvals under the new system and both got their approval

so please be optimistic, I can feel or smell your approvals, yours will be the next and then just tell me that you got it
peace on you

monte

Post by monte » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:55 am

I hope it won't be a futile cycle, after the garda report comes, the social welfare is too old and they have to request a new one and so on !!!

One day

Post by One day » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:54 am

Dear Irish pharoe

Thank for ur kinds words , I'll keep my hopes high and will definitely tell the outcome once I receive a decision thanks man and good luck with your son application

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi my Pharoe,

your son should get his by the 2nd next wave of approval. That is before the end of February 2012.

Nana (an bho dhearg)

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
nanette wrote:Congratz my pharoe...and your wife too. I guess the case is now closed ehhh ? ahahahahahahah

Nana
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
One day wrote:Thanks Greenland

I don't think my country will reply as I have already inquired and they told me they don't send any outside reports to other countries I'm from the middle east

Really getting confused they are not giving me straight answers at there helpline

Thanks for the info
take it easy my friend, I'm from middle east as well and I got the approval back on June and my wife got her approval yesterday and she is from middle east as well they were waitting for her garda report since May.
so be optimistic and do not loose the hope, yours is coming soon
Thank you Nanette my friend and big big thank you to you for the support and help you gave to me.
but you know your prediction is 110% right as you predicted that my wife will get her approval by Novemeber this year and that was back on June
so please have your crystal ball :D and check for my son's approval
I applied for him on September
again thank you and for all here if you would like to know when is your approval ask Nanette :D

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:40 pm

[quote="nanette"] Hi my Pharoe,

your son should get his by the 2nd next wave of approval. That is before the end of February 2012.

Nana (an bho dhearg)

Thanks Nana for your reply, so I'll prepare the 200 euros regarding hsi CON and by early February I'll book a photographer for his passport picture :D
I'm 110% trusting on your crystal ball :D
peace on you

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:48 pm

nanette what about the people who apply after july 2011.when they will get theirs decisions??????????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :D

Godstime
- thin ice -

Post by Godstime » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:36 am

courny

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:52 pm Post subject: Irish association application? PLEAS HELP!!!
i would appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

i came to ireland as a minor aged 16 on a D join parent visa. my dad was a work permit holder and is now a naturalized irish citizen.
both my parents are naturalized irish citizens. my question is: am i eligible to apply based on irish association??

NB: came here aged 16, did 5th year and 6th year. took a year out. went to college. just finished with my undergrad now. been on a stamp 2's throughout.
am 26 years old now ( still have stamp 2, which is due to be changed to stamp 4 in the next few weeks). so basically I've been resident here for over 9 years.
really appreciate if anyone could hep me out.
thanks

IRISH PHAROE, NENETTE AND PIKKA, can you please give some advise concerning this case because it kind of similar to my situation. Thanks

Naija

Post by Naija » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:13 pm

[quote="Godstime"]courny

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:52 pm Post subject: Irish association application? PLEAS HELP!!!

i came to ireland as a minor aged 16 on a D join parent visa. my dad was a work permit holder and is now a naturalized irish citizen.
both my parents are naturalized irish citizens. my question is: am i eligible to apply based on irish association??

NB: came here aged 16, did 5th year and 6th year. took a year out. went to college. just finished with my undergrad now. been on a stamp 2's throughout.
am 26 years old now ( still have stamp 2, which is due to be changed to stamp 4 in the next few weeks). so basically I've been resident here for over 9 years.
thanks

IRISH PHAROE, NENETTE AND PIKKA, can you please give some advise concerning this case because it kind of similar to my situation. Thanks[/quote]

It is quite strange to see that about 2 weeks ago u wrote a post here saying that u applied on basis of stamp 4 with having to feel out a new application that would still be treated as old one with a saying in this post that u will have stamp 4 in few weeks time based on, i suppose, yr irish associations??

Naija

Post by Naija » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi guys!

Ca someone please help me out with INIS number that u ring when askign about yr citizenship application?My folks never rang for their own and number i see on INIS website doesn't match with the number i see on the letters i recieved form them in Tiperarry,as in my acknowledgement letter and all that? Can someone please be of good will to tell me which number to call and at what times?Is it cheap to call from landline or what's the cost? Thanks in advance for any help.

Godstime
- thin ice -

Post by Godstime » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Naija

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:13 pm Post subject:
Godstime wrote:courny

thanks

IRISH PHAROE, NENETTE AND PIKKA, can you please give some advise concerning this case because it kind of similar to my situation. Thanks

It is quite strange to see that about 2 weeks ago u wrote a post here saying that u applied on basis of stamp 4 with having to feel out a new application that would still be treated as old one with a saying in this post that u will have stamp 4 in few weeks time based on, i suppose, yr irish associations??

yea i did. i applied on the bases of stamp 4 after living here for 10years. Moved to ireland when i was 15 to join my parents who were already on stamp 4 (IBC). My parents are now naturalised but at the time i applied, they were still waiting on a decision from INIS. i said my case is similar not the same. i just wanted to know if ther's anything i can do that will help speed up my application. As in if i send in my parents naturalisation certificate or it wont make any difference as i am over 18 now.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:02 pm

Naija wrote:Hi guys!

Ca someone please help me out with INIS number that u ring when askign about yr citizenship application?My folks never rang for their own and number i see on INIS website doesn't match with the number i see on the letters i recieved form them in Tiperarry,as in my acknowledgement letter and all that? Can someone please be of good will to tell me which number to call and at what times?Is it cheap to call from landline or what's the cost? Thanks in advance for any help.
ring them on Tuesday and Thursday between 10am and 12:30 am
do not forget to have your reference number with you 68/......./...
and good luck
peace on you

Naija

Post by Naija » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:16 pm

[quote="Godstime"]Naija

[quote="Godstime"]courny

thanks

IRISH PHAROE, NENETTE AND PIKKA, can you please give some advise concerning this case because it kind of similar to my situation. Thanks[/quote]

yea i did. i applied on the bases of stamp 4 after living here for 10years. Moved to ireland when i was 15 to join my parents who were already on stamp 4 (IBC). My parents are now naturalised but at the time i applied, they were still waiting on a decision from INIS. i said my case is similar not the same. i just wanted to know if ther's anything i can do that will help speed up my application. As in if i send in my parents naturalisation certificate or it wont make any difference as i am over 18 now.[/quote]

Sorry if i offended u.I didnt have intention of doing so.Well,let me tell i am in a same boat as u.From september 05,my legal stay was accounted for.I had stamps 2 and 2a throughout my stay and i applied last year with additional documents being asked for and acknowledgement letter being sent in december last year.My folks were on stamps 1 and 3 and i applied after 5 years.Why to wait all that time??Em anyway definitely do that!Send their naturalisation certificates as it will help strengthen yr own application.Definitely.It doesnt matter u are over 18 now.So am i.I dont know whether it wil speed it,but it will definitely help it.That's what i did with my own. Lots of luck and sorry once more.

Naija

Post by Naija » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:19 pm

[quote="IRISH PHAROE"][quote="Naija"]Hi guys!

Ca someone please help me out with INIS number that u ring when askign about yr citizenship application?My folks never rang for their own and number i see on INIS website doesn't match with the number i see on the letters i recieved form them in Tiperarry,as in my acknowledgement letter and all that? Can someone please be of good will to tell me which number to call and at what times?Is it cheap to call from landline or what's the cost? Thanks in advance for any help.[/quote]

ring them on Tuesday and Thursday between 10am and 12:30 am
do not forget to have your reference number with you 68/......./...
and good luck[/quote]

Thanks a lot.I really appreciate it. I pray luck is on my side like for many of us who are still waiting. :)

babagebabs
BANNED

Post by babagebabs » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:31 am

Godstime wrote:Naija

Godstime wrote:courny

thanks

yea i did. i applied on the bases of stamp 4 after living here for 10years. Moved to ireland when i was 15 to join my parents who were already on stamp 4 (IBC). My parents are now naturalised but at the time i applied, they were still waiting on a decision from INIS. i said my case is similar not the same. i just wanted to know if ther's anything i can do that will help speed up my application. As in if i send in my parents naturalisation certificate or it wont make any difference as i am over 18 now.
I don't think there's any miracle in the application, than standard five years reckonable residency, before your application could be process, there's no application on IBC stamp 4 Stamp on naturalization application, so nobody should bring IBC to the naturalization process at all, no need for that.

What upset me right now is that, between 1998 to 2010 the Irish government granted 35,000 people CON, And since Alan shatter took over, he's granted over 7,000 CON, Which the previous government use to grant immigrant at the rate of 2,300 a year, compared to other European Countries like Australia and america and Canada.

courny

Post by courny » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:17 pm

thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 pm

hi i looking forward for next week.let see how many more approval have to come ?????????????

Naija

Post by Naija » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 pm

[quote="IQU"]hi i looking forward for next week.let see how many more approval have to come ?????????????[/quote]

Are you sure there will be more approval letters coming in this and next week?Is that for 9th december ceremony or what? I'll be very glad if its so,for all of us who are waiting. :)

babagebabs
BANNED

Post by babagebabs » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:46 pm

I wish everyone goodluck in their naturalization and well.

Please i heard that, having gotten residency status in Ireland for 8 years now and entered country many times with a visa, can they charge you again for illegal entrant you made many years ago, bravery of trucks innit, it's not embarrassing is it because you're a doctor now ?

please help me am new here. :(