ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Green land

Post by Green land » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 pm

HI Everybody, i am from Dublin i send the money order on 31 October and i got the invitation form for the ceremony on 8th November, in this form they ask me about the availability on 9 December and i would like to bring any guess with me,i filled this form and send to them on 8th. in this letter they mention to me that Ceremony will be in concert hall in Cork.after receiving this form they will send me Venue and the parking place confirmation and time. i am ready for the oath.

Sorry but you got me confused. Once you said you are waiting since March 2009, then since July 2009, finally since January 2009.

Are you forgetting that quickly or just making up these stories....

And finally 31st October was a Bank holiday so no way you were able to post anything exactly on that date.

I honestly doubt that you received the invitation letter for the Cork ceremony.

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:06 am

hi green land
very good points. the story doesnt add up
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:41 pm

i noticed since sep few people continuously telling lies to each other that they got their letters and they send fee and bla bla .these people miss using this forum and also disheartening the other people simply by telling lies. i advice the people not to consider the people views on this forum any more .i am trying to ring inis from last two weeks but there both numbers ARE not answering no ring tone nothing.From last 1 month no connection by phone with inis and other side people are writting news that they are going to get their letter soons.

modehij
Newly Registered

Post by modehij » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 pm

[quote="Green land"]HI Everybody, i am from Dublin i send the money order on 31 October and i got the invitation form for the ceremony on 8th November, in this form they ask me about the availability on 9 December and i would like to bring any guess with me,i filled this form and send to them on 8th. in this letter they mention to me that Ceremony will be in concert hall in Cork.after receiving this form they will send me Venue and the parking place confirmation and time. i am ready for the oath.

Sorry but you got me confused. Once you said you are waiting since March 2009, then since July 2009, finally since January 2009.

Are you forgetting that quickly or just making up these stories....

And finally 31st October was a Bank holiday so no way you were able to post anything exactly on that date.

I honestly doubt that you received the invitation letter for the Cork ceremony.

1. i applied in Jan 2009. i got the acknowledgement in march 2009, i gave my case to solicitor in july 2009.

2 i work in insurance company i send my mail via courier.coz it is free for us. we send all national letter through courier.

if i say lie, what benefit i get.anyway please tell me how to attached picture in this forum so that i can scan the letter and post it in this forum,thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:22 pm

i think you already clearify the above matter.but you work in insurance company and living long time in ireland.i think you should know how to scan the letter? :roll: :roll: :lol:

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:44 am

modehij wrote:
churchholigan wrote:Has anyone receive any invitation letter to attend the ceremony in Cork in December that lives in Dublin are at all? Thx

HI Everybody, i am from Dublin i send the money order on 31 October and i got the invitation form for the ceremony on 8th November, in this form they ask me about the availability on 9 December and i would like to bring any guess with me,i filled this form and send to them on 8th. in this letter they mention to me that Ceremony will be in concert hall in Cork.after receiving this form they will send me Venue and the parking place confirmation and time. i am ready for the oath.
Hi Modehij

When did you receive the letter? I sent INIS the bankdraft at 1st November but I have not heard anything at all. Thx

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:59 am

According to An post Track and Trace my item was delivered on 01-Nov-2011 which I was posted via registered service on 28.10.11 (Friday)

And I am still waiting their phone calls or letter to confirm the matter. But guys to be honest I don’t really bothered about the ceremony yet “I am awful happy that my application was indeed approved"

As per Google maps distance from my home to CORK city hall is 274km. So that question is does anyone receive a letter or calls who lived/residence =274km or >274km.?

Kind regards,

AUCK

churchholigan wrote:
modehij wrote:
churchholigan wrote:Has anyone receive any invitation letter to attend the ceremony in Cork in December that lives in Dublin are at all? Thx

Hi Modehij

When did you receive the letter? I sent INIS the bankdraft at 1st November but I have not heard anything at all. Thx

modehij
Newly Registered

Post by modehij » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:04 pm

IQU wrote:i think you already clearify the above matter.but you work in insurance company and living long time in ireland.i think you should know how to scan the letter? :roll: :roll: :lol:

Dear i did MSc in computing from Griffith College Dublin, i know how to scan,but i dont know how to attach it in this forum particularly .please read the question properly thanks

modehij
Newly Registered

Post by modehij » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:08 pm

churchholigan wrote:
modehij wrote:

Hi Modehij

Dude, me too send the same time and few of my friends also send same time 6 of them,but at the moment i am the only one who receive the invitation till now,if any update i will let u know thanks

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:15 pm

kiwiwife1 wrote:That's interesting alright.
I feel sorry for the poor people who were completing the 'old' forms, only to find they have to fill out a new form. They seem to announce and implement things incredibly quickly.
whaaaaaaat.. so does that mean anyone who applied fr citizenship on that date or after has to pay 175 euros? .. i think my dad might've submitted mine on that date.. even tho my application is dated the 26th october..?

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:17 pm

does anyone know how long it takes to get a reference number by any chance?

PaddyBoy
Newly Registered

Post by PaddyBoy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:21 am

Angel592 wrote:does anyone know how long it takes to get a reference number by any chance?
It took 6-7 weeks to get my reference number. I think they would look at when the application was signed. If you have signed yours on 10th with the old form then they may reject it.

As they are putting an application fee, I think it would reduce the most of the applications with missing information as people will tend to be more cautious. Therefore INIS will have more time to deal with our applications :)

I am hoping that the backlog will be cleared by Spring (April/May) for those who are waiting for more than 6 months.

If you receive approvals, please keep this forum updated as we all are watching to see if the queue is moving.

Best,

Diago1234567
Newly Registered

Next Dublin ceremony

Post by Diago1234567 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 am

Hi guys just finished a call with inis I was told that the next Dublin ceremony will be held on 3&4 february 2012

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:55 am

3,4 feb 2012 .oh its almost 3 months away.i hope if they really want to clear the backload ? if every day they try to clear 50 application a day.they can easily clear more than 3000 thousands application.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:57 pm

earlier someone was saying that they spoke to INIS and the date was in jan, now it seems its feb..looks like this is all very tentative dates.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:05 pm

is anyone else ring inis today

realhope

Post by realhope » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:20 pm

4th of feb is saturday???
can any one else confirm those dates please

AYOUB
BANNED

Post by AYOUB » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:02 pm

IQU wrote:3,4 feb 2012 .oh its almost 3 months away.i hope if they really want to clear the backload ? if every day they try to clear 50 application a day.they can easily clear more than 3000 thousands application.
Fine Gael/ Labour Government in Ireland, aren't joking on immigration atall, they're doing there best , but we can not teach them how many they should deal with in a day, but they're the best as promised in their election manifesto. Well done shatter, well done Michael D. :D

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:24 pm

3 & 4 february 2012 confirmed on the phone today.

AYOUB
BANNED

Post by AYOUB » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:25 pm

nettan wrote:3 & 4 february 2012 confirmed on the phone today.
I guess you're not or you're looking for what or who to blame, please just don't blame the Irish finance minister Michael Noona. :D

dhang

RE:

Post by dhang » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:42 am

Has anyone received a phone call or letter from the citizenship division confirming the time and place of ceremony yet? I posted the bank draft and all on the 26/10/2011 and they got it on the 27/10/2011 as per anpost tracking. Just anxious as I am not getting acknowledgement up to date. Has anyone get acknowledgement after paying?

kiwiwife1

Re: RE:

Post by kiwiwife1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:50 am

dhang wrote:Has anyone received a phone call or letter from the citizenship division confirming the time and place of ceremony yet? I posted the bank draft and all on the 26/10/2011 and they got it on the 27/10/2011 as per anpost tracking. Just anxious as I am not getting acknowledgement up to date. Has anyone get acknowledgement after paying?
I would have posted mine on the 2nd of November, after getting back from holiday (I think the approval letter would have arrived on the 21st of Oct), and they received it on the 3rd of November, as it was sent registered post.

I've not heard anything yet either. I think I read that other people on the forum had to wait 3-4 weeks to hear back from them. They may still be finalising details for the next Dublin ceremony before sending out the letters too.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:55 am

i think its clearly a good sign if they know future ceromany dates ?because they have in minds how many applications they have to clear it before feb 2012 application.so i can says that target are in place just wait for your turn.

realhope

Post by realhope » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:42 pm

its almost 3 weeks after sending the GNIB&payment. no news yet. any one sent them around the same time and got acknoledgement?

Green land

Post by Green land » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 am

A friend of mine received a letter today with invitation to choose date for the Dublin ceremony. The dates available on the letter were 2nd and 3rd February 2012. May be there will be more letters next week. We will wait and see.