ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sohanjanvi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:36 am

realhope wrote:its almost 3 weeks after sending the GNIB&payment. no news yet. any one sent them around the same time and got acknoledgement?
hi all
Dear i posted back Foto, GNIB and fee probably on Friday 21 October 2011 and still waiting, did not get any response. This Thursday 17 Nov one of my friend manage to call INIS for ceremony related question. Their reply was that we are now not trying to call people from north to Cork ceremony and we are planning ceremonies in Dublin end of January or start of February and you will be invited there for sure.So keep hope. It looks that 2 and 3 Feb date are realistic one.

AYOUB
BANNED

Post by AYOUB » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:22 am

Sohanjanvi wrote:
realhope wrote:its almost 3 weeks after sending the GNIB&payment. no news yet. any one sent them around the same time and got acknoledgement?
hi all
Dear i posted back Foto, GNIB and fee probably on Friday 21 October 2011 and still waiting, did not get any response. This Thursday 17 Nov one of my friend manage to call INIS for ceremony related question. Their reply was that we are now not trying to call people from north to Cork ceremony and we are planning ceremonies in Dublin end of January or start of February and you will be invited there for sure.So keep hope. It looks that 2 and 3 Feb date are realistic one.
Sorry what did you mean by invite people from North to cork ?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:03 pm

People from the Northern part of the country to Cork!

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sohanjanvi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:17 pm

AYOUB wrote:
Sohanjanvi wrote:
hi all
Sorry what did you mean by invite people from North to cork ?
HI;
North means Dublin and other areas away from Cork. Like Louth county or meath or Donegal. All these areas are too far away from Cork. So they stopped calling people from North to Cork.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:46 pm

i think its not problem travel for few hours to another part of ireland.its best day in foreigner life citizenship ceromany.i just pray all the 2007-2011 application will be clear before march 2012.i dont think so anybody have anyproblem travel for citizenship ceromany.

kiwiwife1

Post by kiwiwife1 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:14 pm

IQU wrote:i think its not problem travel for few hours to another part of ireland.its best day in foreigner life citizenship ceromany.i just pray all the 2007-2011 application will be clear before march 2012.i dont think so anybody have anyproblem travel for citizenship ceromany.
I must say I'd be quite happy to go to Cork myself, even though I'm in Wicklow. I must admit, I quite like the place.

realhope

Post by realhope » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 am

Green land wrote:A friend of mine received a letter today with invitation to choose date for the Dublin ceremony. The dates available on the letter were 2nd and 3rd February 2012. May be there will be more letters next week. We will wait and see.
hi green land
when did your friend get his approval and when did he send all the required documents and payment?
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

IRLIN
Newly Registered

Post by IRLIN » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:45 am

Hi did any one received acknowledgement after sending money and photo graphs. It's nearly a month now no news (I tracked my reg. post and showing it's been received by them but no acknowledgement).

IndoIrish
Newly Registered

Delays in Post Receive Dept

Post by IndoIrish » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Friend of mine had contacted INIS and they have confirmed that there is at least 3 weeks of delay/behind working on the post has been received.

No need to worry. Currently they are working on the documents received in the last week of October I guess so.

regards

Improbable
Newly Registered

Post by Improbable » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Letter arrived today. Ceremony taking place at Cathal Brugha Barracks in Rathmines on the 2nd or 3rd of February. Apparently the next letter we get is going to be on the in January to confirm the date and time of the ceremony. Happy days!

IndoIrish
Newly Registered

Improbable - Clear the sentence please

Post by IndoIrish » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Hiya

Will you pl clarify what you want to say about the January here?

thanks

Improbable
Newly Registered

Post by Improbable » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:00 pm

You just have to put down your order of preference for the 2nd and 3rd of February dates. Then you send it back to their address in Tipperary. They will then respond in January to confirm what date you are going to the ceremony on and the exact time of the ceremony. They will also include the details about how to get there and parking details etc.

dhang

Post by dhang » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Improbable wrote:Letter arrived today. Ceremony taking place at Cathal Brugha Barracks in Rathmines on the 2nd or 3rd of February. Apparently the next letter we get is going to be on the in January to confirm the date and time of the ceremony. Happy days!

When did u send the payment, gnib and photos?

Improbable
Newly Registered

Post by Improbable » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:25 pm

dhang wrote: When did u send the payment, gnib and photos?
Sent it all off on the 24th of October.

realhope

Post by realhope » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Improbable wrote:Letter arrived today. Ceremony taking place at Cathal Brugha Barracks in Rathmines on the 2nd or 3rd of February. Apparently the next letter we get is going to be on the in January to confirm the date and time of the ceremony. Happy days!
hi improbable
great news. so that means no ceremony till feb 2012. are you from the dublin area? do you know how many people can attend? and are children allowed?

Improbable
Newly Registered

Post by Improbable » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:42 pm

realhope wrote:hi improbable
great news. so that means no ceremony till feb 2012. are you from the dublin area? do you know how many people can attend? and are children allowed?
Yeah, been living in Dublin for the past 10 years. Every person who has been accepted can bring up to 1 guest. They didn't say anything about an overall capacity. Presumably they will be able to accomodate 1 guest from everybody since that's what they've allowed for on the form that you have to send back.

realhope

Post by realhope » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Improbable wrote:
realhope wrote:hi improbable
Yeah, been living in Dublin for the past 10 years. Every person who has been accepted can bring up to 1 guest. They didn't say anything about an overall capacity. Presumably they will be able to accomodate 1 guest from everybody since that's what they've allowed for on the form that you have to send back.
thanks. do you know if children allowed with the guest?

Improbable
Newly Registered

Post by Improbable » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:50 pm

realhope wrote:
I'm not sure. The letter doesn't say anything about that specifically.

realhope

Post by realhope » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:54 pm

hi guys
did any one get an invitation for the cork ceremony in december from dublin area?

realhope

Post by realhope » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Improbable wrote:
realhope wrote:
I'm not sure. The letter doesn't say anything about that specifically.
thanks improbable

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi everyone.

I have this really strange thing happened to me today. I sent of the bank draft, photos and current GNIB card to Tipperary Citizenship Office in 1st of November 2011. I just got a registered letter from a INIS office along with my current GNIB card sent back to me inside the letter today. The letter also said that I have to post the card back to Tipperary INIS Office. I have a Stamp 5. Has this happened to anyone before?

Thank you.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:55 am

churchholigan wrote:Hi everyone.

I have this really strange thing happened to me today. I sent of the bank draft, photos and current GNIB card to Tipperary Citizenship Office in 1st of November 2011. I just got a registered letter from a INIS office along with my current GNIB card sent back to me inside the letter today. The letter also said that I have to post the card back to Tipperary INIS Office. I have a Stamp 5. Has this happened to anyone before?

Thank you.
what else did the letter say??

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:25 am

does anyone know what month they are processing applications for spouse of irish national.

kiwiwife1

Post by kiwiwife1 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 am

aswadref wrote:does anyone know what month they are processing applications for spouse of irish national.
I applied in very late February of this year, and I had an approval letter there just over a month ago.

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 am

It is strange....did you forwarded to F.S.A. SA, Citizenship Section, Heffernan House, Dundrum Road, Tipperary Town.

-was your card expired?

bare-in-mind that is F.S.A. SA,

churchholigan wrote:Hi everyone.

Thank you.