ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Father Ted
Newly Registered

Post by Father Ted » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:19 am

I have received my invitation - FINALLY! After 2 months waiting. So hope that yours are on their way too.

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:50 am

Father Ted wrote:I have received my invitation - FINALLY! After 2 months waiting. So hope that yours are on their way too.
Me too :lol:
Its never too late

kiwiwife1

Post by kiwiwife1 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:26 pm

I got mine today too. They seemingly only looked at it yesterday. Said on my letter to return in by the 23rd of December. I'll make sure it's in the post today

AUCK

Hello guys

Post by AUCK » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Hello guys it’s me back again…

Yesterday I received my letter to confirm whether I can attend a ceremony. According to AnPost they received my letter i.e.(Garda Card, Fees ) on 1st November 2011.

Here is the letter
===================================================================
68/????/??
15 December 2011

Name X
Address L1
Address L2
Address L3
Address L4

Dear applicant,

I am please to inform you that the Minister of Justice, Equality and Defence, Mr. Alan Shatter, TD intends to grant your application for a Certificate of Naturalisation at a citizenship ceremony to be held in Cathal Brugha Barracks, Rathmines, Dublin 6 on 2nd or 3rd February 2012. If you are available for either or both days, please complete the attached form and return it to: -

Citizenship Ceremonies CB3,
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service, Heffernan House,
Dundrum Road, Tipperary Town.

Yours sincerely,

The Citizenship Ceremonies Team

Name: ___________________ Ref No: __________________

[ ] I can attend a citizenship ceremony in Cathal Brugha Barracks, Rathmines, Dublin 6 on

[ ] 2nd February 2012 [ ] 3rd February 2012
(Please give your order of preference for the above dates)

I wish to bring: [ ] 0 guests [ ] 1 guest

Name of Guest: __________________________________________________

If you confirm that you can attend a ceremony on the above dates, a further letter will issue to you in January confirming the ceremony date and time and providing additional information including directions to the venue and parking details.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:00 pm

congrats everybody for their invitation for ceremony.i hope there will be citizenship ceremony every months till may 2012 .so they can clear all the backload. what a wonderfull present by doj thanks to mr alan shatter for their good work. and merry christmas

Father Ted
Newly Registered

Post by Father Ted » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Yes, it surely is best Xmas present!!! Yeah,they were saying on the letter to return it by 23/12/11, but only posted it on 20/12/11 to me. I posted as soon as I got it. I suppose it's just a huge backlog and they seem to be snowed down with it. I didn't think I'd get it before Xmas, but it did come! So keep waiting and hoping for yours to come- they are probably on the way. It comes with the receipt of the payment+ form to be filled in (as seen above) + letter re. changes to reference numbering:new IT system giving 2 types of identity number- Person Identity Number and Application Reference Number. All the best to everyone for festive season!

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:23 am

I also received my invite.. however, i am away from Ireland at the moment and won't be returning until 12 Jan. As the deadline for the return of the form confirming my availability is 6 Jan can i ask somebody to sign(my name in a legible manner) on my behalf or ask a solicitor to do so on my behalf. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:41 am

i think so you will check with your solicitors.he maybe able to sign on your behalf.good luck

IndoIrish
Newly Registered

Post by IndoIrish » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Whats the last date to reply the invitation letter?

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:33 pm

IndoIrish wrote:Whats the last date to reply the invitation letter?
6th of January it says on my invitation
Its never too late

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:41 pm

is anyone else got his/her approval recently?

irishtobe

new statement from mr alan

Post by irishtobe » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:11 pm

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 pm

i think you should check www.inis.gov.ie mr alan shatter full speech.

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:08 am

Very interesting High Court case happend before Christmas in relation to the delay in Citizenship cases.

Applicant applied for Citizneship in 2008 and provided all documents. INIS asked for no other documents and when the delay was queried (multiple times), they kept responding with pro forma letters stating that the current delay is 26 months etc.

Judicial Review proceedings took place (although I think it was only a pre-leave hearing) and on the day before the hearing, the applicant was granted citizenship rendering the proceedings moot. However, the Court awarded costs to the applicant, in contrast to the Nawaz case of 2010.

The Court indicated that in the absence of an explanation for the delay (over the normal processing time of 26 months) and in the absence of any evidnece of a fair system for dealing with applications in order, then the applicant was entitled to costs.

It's not conclusive but at least the INIS will now have to give an indication as to why a particular application is taking so long...

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:58 am

Muttsnuts wrote:Very interesting High Court case happend before Christmas in relation to the delay in Citizenship cases.

Applicant applied for Citizneship in 2008 and provided all documents. INIS asked for no other documents and when the delay was queried (multiple times), they kept responding with pro forma letters stating that the current delay is 26 months etc.

Judicial Review proceedings took place (although I think it was only a pre-leave hearing) and on the day before the hearing, the applicant was granted citizenship rendering the proceedings moot. However, the Court awarded costs to the applicant, in contrast to the Nawaz case of 2010.

The Court indicated that in the absence of an explanation for the delay (over the normal processing time of 26 months) and in the absence of any evidnece of a fair system for dealing with applications in order, then the applicant was entitled to costs.

It's not conclusive but at least the INIS will now have to give an indication as to why a particular application is taking so long...
Interesting, would you know the name of this particular case or link to it?

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:06 am

fatty patty wrote: Interesting, would you know the name of this particular case or link to it?

Hadn't realised that Brophy Solicitors had made a comment on it.

http://brophysolicitorsimmigration.blog ... ation.html

They were obviously the solicitors on record. I've seen the judgment itself and while it's nothing too conclusive, it's still a step in the right direction.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:33 am

Muttsnuts wrote:
fatty patty wrote: Interesting, would you know the name of this particular case or link to it?

They were obviously the solicitors on record. I've seen the judgment itself and while it's nothing too conclusive, it's still a step in the right direction.
Thanks. This is nawaz case i think...

http://www.courts.ie/__80256F2B00356A6B ... anguage_en~

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:37 pm

fatty patty wrote:
Muttsnuts wrote:

Thanks. This is nawaz case i think...

http://www.courts.ie/__80256F2B00356A6B ... anguage_en~
Yep, that's the Nawaz case alright. Again that's not conclusive also as the only issue was costs but it indicated that the Minister can take as long as he wants processing a Citizenship application. The only thing that would overturn that would be if it could be shown that the Minister acted with some sort of mala fides or malice in not processing the application which naturally, would be next to impossible to prove.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:11 am

it was intersting case .is anyone ring citizenship division recently ?

One day

Post by One day » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 pm

I rang them on Thursday awaiting outside agencies , but I really don't trust them anymore they have been saying this for one year , anyone from 2008 got approval I applied in oct 2008 still waiting

sensitivesoul
Newly Registered

Post by sensitivesoul » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Just Mailed mine today :). Am registering for Foreign birth from Canada so hopefully it won't take them to long *fingers crossed*. :D Am so excited!... and nervous :oops: .

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:46 pm

[quote="One day"]I rang them on Thursday awaiting outside agencies , but I really don't trust them anymore they have been saying this for one year , anyone from 2008 got approval I applied in oct 2008 still waiting[/quote
i send mine may 2008 everytime i ring everyweek since last may i get same answers , why take theme so long ? its remind me of the offices in my third world county , i am sad angry dispointed of the system and all this :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 am

HI! i just want to know how thay work to approve a citizenship do thay get information from our countrys why does it take so long or just thay collct information from garda here in ireland if anyone can tell please will be great help

regards

One day

Post by One day » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi sunny mohsin , I'm not sure but I wud love to know also how the system works cause I have a friend who applied in novomber 2010 and he has been invited to the ceremony in feb .I have reached a stage where I'm really fed up and can't believe any word they say :shock:

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:28 pm

just check it out website www.inis.gov.ie minister already mention last week all standard application will be given decision before summer.i hope they will have everymonth citizenship ceromany.so they can clear all the backload.