ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am

I sent my TD and email and she contacted the INIS on my behalf to find out information about my application. I got this reply

''*** *** lodged a valid application for a certificate of Naturalisation
in the Citizenship Division of this Department on 9 November, 2011.

The application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as
expeditiously as possible.

The granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and
an honour which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the
State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate
procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process.

With regards to the processing of naturalisation applications, generally,
the Minister has introduced a series of measures to provide for the
speedier processing of applications with the aim of bringing about a
reduction in the processing time-scale and to address the number of
applications awaiting a decision.

*** *** will be contacted as soon as a decision is reached.''

I was just wondering.. does anyone know how long it takes for an application to be sent to the Minister? I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

biggerjosh

hi

Post by biggerjosh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:02 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Today my wife got her confirmation for the citizenship cermony in Dublin .
it will be on 03/02/2012 at 10 a.m. for registeration
good luck to all who are waitting whether for approval or cermony
Just to know from ur experience whether my spouse can also apply i just got naturalisation cert last july if yes what all docs reuired thanks

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: hi

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:38 pm

biggerjosh wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:Today my wife got her confirmation for the citizenship cermony in Dublin .
Just to know from ur experience whether my spouse can also apply i just got naturalisation cert last july if yes what all docs reuired thanks
as far as I know your wife can apply as a spouse of an Irish citizen as far as you are living togeather for more than 3 years.
regarding the required document I do not know as my wife application was different she applied as resident in Ireland for 5 years leagly.
good luck
peace on you

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:29 am

IRISH PHAROE

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject:
Today my wife got her confirmation for the citizenship cermony in Dublin .

How long does it take to get the oath date selection letter letter after u sent the money and does it have to be signed by the person who applied for it,coz my wife is gone home and not back till late march was thinking get it all ready for her she can just come and take the oath

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:55 am

[quote="aswadref"]IRISH PHAROE

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject:
Today my wife got her confirmation for the citizenship cermony in Dublin .

it is different from one to one according to the citizenship deprtment schedule and time of the year
for example my wife got her approval on 27/10/2011 and she will attend the cermony on 03/02/2012 I think that is because the Xmas holidays and the cermonies schedule.
In my opinion send the stuff and no one will notice the difference in signagae (you are not doing something illeagle)
peace on you

Sam Witwickey
Newly Registered

Waiting since 09/2010

Post by Sam Witwickey » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:13 am

Anyone got thier approval from 09/2010?..still waiting for answer...should i call them and asked?... :cry: :cry:

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:12 pm

its all depend some people from 2011 applicant got theirs approval recently.but some people still from 2008 are waiting.i think new form and fresh update will definetly speed the application up.i hope next week there will be alot more approval will be issue

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:23 pm

I am @ the last station to depart. Received my ceremony letter on 20/01/2012. on Cyan colour paper its 3pages , 1st about ceremony time and passport details, 2nd for Map and parking details and 3rd fidelity details/word. as follows.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name 68/xxxx/09
Address New Ref xxxxxxxxx-CITZ-09
Address

Dear X
I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for a certificate of naturalisation and your confirmation that you are available to attend the citizenship ceremony on Thursday, February 2, 2012.

The ceremony will take place in Cathal Brugha Barracks in Rathmines. ( see the attached map for location details).

You are requested to arrive at XX:XX xM for registration.

Please bring this letter as well as your passport or driver’s licence with you for registration purposes. You will be directed to the Registration area on arrival and you should ask for

Registration Desk [X]

Registration will involve verification of your identity and your reading and signing of the Form 6 declaration of fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State, at which stage you will receive your ceremony pack, containing your certificate, fee receipts if applicable, copy of the wording of the declaration, note on revocation as well as any original documents on your file.

You will then be brought to the ceremony auditorium. The format of the ceremony will be explained by an official of the Department of Justice before the ceremony begins. During the ceremony all citizenship candidates present will, together, make a declaration of fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State before the Presiding officer. ( see wording of the declaration bellow). The ceremony will take approximately half and hour and refreshments will be served immediately after it concludes.

You may only bring one guest with you on the day. In order to be admitted to the venue your guest must bring photo identification.

Yours sincerely,

Citizenship ceremony team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Note re applying for an Irish passport following the grant of your application:
In applying for an Irish passport, the Passport office recommends that you use the Passport Express facility which operates through all post offices.

The passport office processes properly completed “Passport Express” applications in 10 working days for the date of receipt in the Passport Office. However, when applying , applicants must allow adequate time for applications before any future travel plans.
Please ensure that you enclose all documents required with the application as listed in the passport Application Notes accompanying the form and on the website www. Passport.ie.
-----------------------------

PAGE 2

MAPS

PAGE 3

THE WORDING OF THE DECLARATION OF FIDELITY TO THE IRISH NATION AND LOYALTY TO THE STATE:

“ I xxxxxx
Of xxxxx
Having applied to the Minister for Justice and Equality for a certificate of naturalisation, hereby solemnly declare my fidelity to the Irish nation and my loyalty to the State.”

UNDERTAING:

“I undertake to faithfully observe the laws of the State and to respect its democratic values”.

====================================================
:D :D happy ending, good luck to rest of you who are still waiting, and pikka my best wished to you too for great news sooner..finally thx to the minister and his staff.....its good bye :D :D

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:45 pm

congrats auck.i hope next week will be thousands of approvals.good luck everybody

Zara1
Newly Registered

Post by Zara1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:17 am

hey! does anyone know if the citizenship division(naturalisation) have an email address or can they only be contacted through the post. thanks

flatpack

Re: Waiting since 09/2010

Post by flatpack » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:37 pm

i didnt but friend of min did while back.
Sam Witwickey wrote:Anyone got thier approval from 09/2010?..still waiting for answer...should i call them and asked?... :cry: :cry:

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:04 pm

is anyone else got his/her approval today??????????/

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 pm

IQU wrote:is anyone else got his/her approval today??????????/
Waiting Continues...... :( I am the one from May 2010. And still no news!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:44 pm

yes i can understand how much patience you need to get your approval we have to wait another 2-3 years to get approvals.but i am big fan of fine gael atleast train start to move otherwise we can easily wait till 2014-2015 no promise from another govt clearying the backload.fingercross mate our turn will be the next.good luck

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:58 pm

good luck everybody for tommorow

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 am

is anybody ring the citizenship divsion today.is anyone else got his/her approval today ????

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:21 pm

hi,
my application for naturalisation was acknoweleged on application made on the basis of 5
year resedency and have also aquired PR in oct 2010, recently i received letter from D O J requesting some document at the bottom of the letter name of officer and futher processing section written .
could anyone tell me what does mean by further processing section is it initial or advance stage of processing ?
any answers appriciated .
regards
robby

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 pm

IQU wrote:is anybody ring the citizenship divsion today.is anyone else got his/her approval today ????
yes, waiting for outside agency! and also m waiting for my ltr, so that means they will definitely send my ltr first to get some cash and then naturalization

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi all,
just an update.I applied for LTR towards end of OCT 2011 and today received letter from INIS requesting contract of employment and letter from employer confirming i am still in employment.I have also submitted application for naturalisation in Dec 2010 but no response till now.Any ideas about how long before i get a response for LTR once i submit all those requested documents.Any response will be highly appreciated.Thank you.

ehaque
Newly Registered

Post by ehaque » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:00 pm

rayr7501 wrote:Hi all,
just an update.I applied for LTR towards end of OCT 2011 and today received letter from INIS requesting contract of employment and letter from employer confirming i am still in employment.I have also submitted application for naturalisation in Dec 2010 but no response till now.Any ideas about how long before i get a response for LTR once i submit all those requested documents.Any response will be highly appreciated.Thank you.
Once you send those documents, it takes about a week to get the LTR approval letter.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 pm

ehaque wrote:
Once you send those documents, it takes about a week to get the LTR approval letter.
ehaque: Have you got citizenship after getting LTR? If yes then how long it took you to get Citizenship after getting LTR?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:02 pm

robby1 when did you apply for citizenship? what type document they want from you ?your application is in final stage from my expereience?

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Is it worth asking from Garda for the report? I mean can we call garda and ask them if they have recvd any info from INIS? Do they generally reply such queries?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:31 pm

its garda vetting unit based in tipperary town.basically you cant call regarding your application report they cant deal with indivaual

ehaque
Newly Registered

Post by ehaque » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:25 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
ehaque wrote:
ehaque: Have you got citizenship after getting LTR? If yes then how long it took you to get Citizenship after getting LTR?
I haven't yet. I applied in July 2011 for both Citizenship as well as LTR. I got my LTR processed (as in getting immigration stamps updated, GNIB card etc) at the end of November 2011. At that time I sent a copy of my LTR letter to the citizenship division. I got a written acknowledgement on 13th January 2012 informing me that they have received my LTR letter.