ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is't really worth of getting entrepreneur visa (PSW Holders)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nish_patel7

Is't really worth of getting entrepreneur visa (PSW Holders)

Post by nish_patel7 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:04 pm

I have calculated all the expect of getting this visa and came to a conclusion for myself only that I would go back to India rather than applying for this visa bcs there are lots of opportunity there same as here but to invest 50000 and that also in 3 years ...Have you guys had a second thought that if your business will not be succuesful than how much of money will be wasted? And ofcourse this question doesnt apply who are really mad about getting the british passport but for others who really want to do business and not looking just for nationality, ask yourself is it worth? If anybody give me an example that their business is running great in this difficult time which is going on all over the world what will be the ratio of getting the profitable business? If someone can suggest me the profitable business here please reply and suggest which business so that I can change my mind and apply for this visa.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:31 pm

I agree that for some it's a complete waste of time as they will not be able to complete the requirements to extend. I've always assumed that many Tier 1 (Ent) applicants at the 50K threshold are only going through the motions of starting a business and, being less than two years away from 10 years long residence, will simply apply for ILR at the appropriate time and then abandon the business that they never really wanted in the first place. That's the real investment - their (and their family's) settlement; and what a bargain!

Sug

Re: Is't really worth of getting entrepreneur visa (PSW Hold

Post by Sug » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:34 pm

[quote="nish_patel7"]I have calculated all the expect of getting this visa and came to a conclusion for myself only that I would go back to India rather than applying for this visa bcs there are lots of opportunity there same as here but to invest 50000 and that also in 3 years ...Have you guys had a second thought that if your business will not be succuesful than how much of money will be wasted? And ofcourse this question doesnt apply who are really mad about getting the british passport but for others who really want to do business and not looking just for nationality, ask yourself is it worth? If anybody give me an example that their business is running great in this difficult time which is going on all over the world what will be the ratio of getting the profitable business? If someone can suggest me the profitable business here please reply and suggest which business so that I can change my mind and apply for this visa.

I think u should have not come to this country itself
U have got lot of opportunities back home itself like quality education
C there is nothing Like success which comes easily
It's not a lottery if u work hard u will get success
And about this visa c ukba is not asking to give them 50k at the end of the day it's ur money
And no one asked or forced you to take this visa
Hi

solomondid
United Kingdom

Post by solomondid » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Business is not everyones cup of coffee, and definitely not for guys who have no guts... Those who dare they have succeeded I have many examples and businesses which can run very well even in these so called difficult times, every age or time rather, brings new opportunity one who spots it is a winner, do not ask for explaining what businesses will success now coz if someone needs that suggestion believe me he will never and can never succeed in business... Regards, Solomon
Solomon

raimon
Newly Registered

Post by raimon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Lucapooka wrote:I agree that for some it's a complete waste of time as they will not be able to complete the requirements to extend. I've always assumed that many Tier 1 (Ent) applicants at the 50K threshold are only going through the motions of starting a business and, being less than two years away from 10 years long residence, will simply apply for ILR at the appropriate time and then abandon the business that they never really wanted in the first place. That's the real investment - their (and their family's) settlement; and what a bargain!
Wouldn't the UKBA take that into consideration before issuing that individual the 10 year ILR such as looking at proof business was being conducted? And if the individual manage to get the ILR before the Tier 1 extension, they can just stop doing business immediately if they wish?

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:57 pm

I am currently on PSW and am running a successful business. For me Entrepreneur visa came a s a golden opportunity as I cant afford to leave UK, my business and social life.

There is no doubt that most people will abuse system as they have always done and am not surprised that UKBA always leave some loop holes to let people abuse the system.

Its hard to suggest a business idea, I believe its all about discovering yourself and your abilities and find the right task for you.

But I wish good luck to everyone and may their business flourish but bare in mind that more than 10000 shops have closed on UK high street in last 2 years.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:03 am

nish_patel7 wrote:I have calculated all the expect of getting this visa and came to a conclusion for myself only that I would go back to India rather than applying for this visa bcs there are lots of opportunity there same as here but to invest 50000 and that also in 3 years ...Have you guys had a second thought that if your business will not be succuesful than how much of money will be wasted? And ofcourse this question doesnt apply who are really mad about getting the british passport but for others who really want to do business and not looking just for nationality, ask yourself is it worth? If anybody give me an example that their business is running great in this difficult time which is going on all over the world what will be the ratio of getting the profitable business? If someone can suggest me the profitable business here please reply and suggest which business so that I can change my mind and apply for this visa.

Thanks

hi#

Sir very kind of you. you can back to india and wait for the invitation from queen to invite you to invest in UK. thanks
Shaukat

James.Dunlop
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by James.Dunlop » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi

Unless for you £50k is small change and a reasonable price for the convenience of remaining here (not the case for most people), you should only invest £50k if you believe that by so doing you will achieve a better return than you would if you invested the cash elsewhere.

India is growing quickly and there are great opportunities there. £50k in India will go further than in the UK, so if you have a great idea you may be best opening a company in India.

However, there is one area where the UK beats India, and that is for consulting businesses, the day rates paid by UK clients tend to be much higher than those paid in India.

T1(E) is a great option for those able to command a good reate on a contyract basis. Indeed, as long as you can generate >£500/day (or £375/day for a PSW switch) then workpermit.com and its partners can help not only with the visa application but also:

- Funding of the investment
- Corporate administration
- Tax planning and corporate structuring
- Meeting the requirement to hire 2 local staff

I hope this helps

Kind regards

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:00 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:I have calculated all the expect of getting this visa and came to a conclusion for myself only that I would go back to India rather than applying for this visa bcs there are lots of opportunity there

Thanks
Its value is different for different people. It depends upon each individual circumstances. Those PSW holders who have burnt the boats will never want to go back and would everything to stay here.