ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Rotweiller wrote:ILR applied for: 06/11/2012
Payment taken 08/11/2012
Life in the uk test completed: 17/12/2012
Biometric invitation received: 23/12/2012
Biometric completed and submitted: 07/01/2013

Awaiting approval............
I am really stressing out waiting for the
Approval of the ILR. Can anyone tell why this takes so long?
Did you pass Life in the UK test after you send the ILR application?

Captainfantastic

Post by Captainfantastic » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:34 pm

go2khurram wrote:
Rotweiller wrote:ILR applied for: 06/11/2012
Payment taken 08/11/2012
Life in the uk test completed: 17/12/2012
Biometric invitation received: 23/12/2012
Biometric completed and submitted: 07/01/2013

Awaiting approval............
I am really stressing out waiting for the
Approval of the ILR. Can anyone tell why this takes so long?
Did you pass Life in the UK test after you send the ILR application?
Rotweiller you haven't been waiting very long at all - not compared to some on here at least! :) Looking at your timeline, and as go2khurram asked, you passed the Life In The UK test AFTER you submitted your application? If so, did you then send your pass certificate to the UKBA, using the Case Reference Number on your Biometric invitation letter? If not, then I think they will not be able to link your pass with your application. Also, did you really receive your Biometric invitation letter on the 23rd December, which was a Sunday? If so, then at least you submitted them within the 15 working days.

You haven't said which visa you have applied for. Was it SET(O) or SET(M)? My wife applied for SET(M) in September (Biometrics submitted on 7 November 2012), and has still not received a decision. She was asked to supply further documentary proof that we were still married and still living together between November 2010 and July 2011. We sent these document 2 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. In 2 weeks she will have been waiting 5 months, so perhaps you still have a while to wait yet. All we can do is to encourage each other to have patience I am afraid. I know that's not much help, and we all understand the stress!

LizTer
Newly Registered

Waiting

Post by LizTer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 pm

ILR Date of application 16/08/2012
Biometrics done: 06/11/2012

14/01/13 - wrote to MP ( he replied but nothing achieved)

Approval.........pending

I am really stressed as I am getting married in 38 days and have a feeling At this rate I won't be getting my doc back in time.

I have called embassy twice. No luck in getting any info
Wrote letter with backing support that I urgently need to travel but no luck there either

Any advise will be appreciated
Thanks

ace77
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Got it !! SET (O) uk ancestry route - 3 months !!

Post by ace77 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 pm

I cannot believe how quickly the UK border agency have processed my application. I raise my hat to you ! I did not even have to phone them once.

I applied for my SET(0) via ancestral route (no dependants) and got a confirmation letter back dated 14/11/2012
I did my biometrics on 10/01/2013, and today I got all my supporting documents incl passport back with a letter saying 'A biometric residence permit (BRP) will be sent to you under separate cover.' !!! (letter dated 9/02/2013)

I have to admit I though I would be getting a sticker in my passport with 'indefinite leave to remain' and a separate biometrics card, but at the bottom of the letter it did explain that the BRP card replaces the previous sticker in passport.

I do find all the abbreviations and names of application forms adds unnecessary complexity to an already difficult process. The ukba website said I needed 'indefinite leave to remain' so I had to fill in a SET(0) application, and now I will be getting a 'biometric residence permit'(BRP).

I can't help feel my prays have been answered, I hope this offers hope to someone.

Baxx

Re: Got it !! SET (O) uk ancestry route - 3 months !!

Post by Baxx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Congrats!
So you've applied on 12/11/2012...
Less than 3 months, that's got to be a record!
However you applied in UK ancestry so maybe that's one of the quick one? (Not sure)
I am jealous as hell but so happy for you!!

ace77 wrote:I cannot believe how quickly the UK border agency have processed my application. I raise my hat to you ! I did not even have to phone them once.

I applied for my SET(0) via ancestral route (no dependants) and got a confirmation letter back dated 14/11/2012
I did my biometrics on 10/01/2013, and today I got all my supporting documents incl passport back with a letter saying 'A biometric residence permit (BRP) will be sent to you under separate cover.' !!! (letter dated 9/02/2013)

I have to admit I though I would be getting a sticker in my passport with 'indefinite leave to remain' and a separate biometrics card, but at the bottom of the letter it did explain that the BRP card replaces the previous sticker in passport.

I do find all the abbreviations and names of application forms adds unnecessary complexity to an already difficult process. The ukba website said I needed 'indefinite leave to remain' so I had to fill in a SET(0) application, and now I will be getting a 'biometric residence permit'(BRP).

I can't help feel my prays have been answered, I hope this offers hope to someone.

happynow
Newly Registered

Post by happynow » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi all,
I've been silently following this thread and freaking out like the rest of you cursing myself that I didn't pay the extra money and get my application fast tracked. But I received my documents back today and am waiting for my BRP to come in the post :)
Just want to update my processing times for whoever is interested as I found this really useful.
Type of application: SET(O) - after 5 yrs of being on HSMP/Tier 1
Date Applied: 09/10/2012
Date money taken out: 17/10/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 24/10/12
Date of biometric letter: 21/12/2012
Date biometrics taken: 24/12/2012
Date documents and passport received: 09/02/2013 (dated in the letter)
Date BRP received: due to receive next week

So all in all by the time I receive the BRP, it would have taken 4.5 months.

Good luck to you all!

gmx

Post by gmx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Congrats happynow!

I am keeping my hopes high knowing that others with similar timeline as mine has got their approval :D

sugadev

Post by sugadev » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:23 am

happynow wrote:Hi all,
I've been silently following this thread and freaking out like the rest of you cursing myself that I didn't pay the extra money and get my application fast tracked. But I received my documents back today and am waiting for my BRP to come in the post :)
Just want to update my processing times for whoever is interested as I found this really useful.

Good luck to you all!
Congrats. I have similar timeline to you and hope others also hear something good soon.

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:23 am

Congratulations Happynow!

Although I am genuinely happy to hear another good news I have to wonder why a bunch of July/August applicants still waiting and now we are hearing October (not even September!) applicants getting the results back! I mean, is it so hard for UKBA workers to work through paper work chronologically??

I have applied for SET(O) with 5 yrs work permit, on 1/8/2012. I have a friend who has a friend who works in UKBA (but has no control over the decision) and had a sneak peak at my application progress, and told me that as of last week my application was not even considered yet.

I am not in a hurry to have passport back but still it is not nice waiting for such a life altering decision for such a long time. Everything is on hold. UKBA better work more logically, and I will do anything to make them improve their work flow by doing campaign or petition!

Please past links here if anyone else is making such actions!

Good luck to you all!

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:41 am

Baxx wrote:Congratulations Happynow!

Although I am genuinely happy to hear another good news I have to wonder why a bunch of July/August applicants still waiting and now we are hearing October (not even September!) applicants getting the results back! I mean, is it so hard for UKBA workers to work through paper work chronologically??

I have applied for SET(O) with 5 yrs work permit, on 1/8/2012. I have a friend who has a friend who works in UKBA (but has no control over the decision) and had a sneak peak at my application progress, and told me that as of last week my application was not even considered yet.

I am not in a hurry to have passport back but still it is not nice waiting for such a life altering decision for such a long time. Everything is on hold. UKBA better work more logically, and I will do anything to make them improve their work flow by doing campaign or petition!

Good luck to you all!
Baxx. I agree with you. This is absolutely unacceptable. In their acknowledgment UK BA states that all applications are considered in application date order. However, this statement is not true as we all can see. I spoke to UKBA this week and my applications had not been considered then (Wednesday this week). To all my questions about 6 months completion and inequality in their approach, I heard just one answer: All depends on the case worker.
I was considering some actions as well, as there is no reason why they should keep our travel docs all this time. It seems to me that they are trying to cover their process inefficiencies.
If you start anything, please let me know I'll happily join you.

I think to prove them wrong all we need is simple statistics. List of all applications submitted from the 1st of August up to the end of October. In the list they have to show pretty basic info, such as: Date of application, Date of payment, Date of acknowledgment, Date of Bio-metrics invitation, Date of approval. There must be compelling reason of delaying application assessment.

shendean

Post by shendean » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 am

Baxx wrote:Congratulations Happynow!

Good luck to you all!

MY FRIEND APPLIED SEPTEMBER AND GOT APPROVAL LAST WEEK ON SET-M
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 pm

SET(M) seems to take less time to be processed than SET(O), generally.

sanjacs

Post by sanjacs » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:11 pm

[quote="Baxx"]Congratulations Happynow!

Please past links here if anyone else is making such actions! [quote="Baxx"]

UKBA has no respect for dates of application at all! I think it all depends on the caseworker your file goes to. Some of them are deadbeat like the one who's got mine.

I applied 9th of June, Biometric 8th Aug...and I'm still waiting.

MP called about 6 weeks ago and was told that the caseworker had it and we should hear in 6 weeks. The 6th week concludes this week.

I've waited and waited and honestly, I'm just numb at the moment....I couldnt care less anymore. There was another June applicant that was still waiting as at last month, but I havent seen him here since, so he must have got his now (his application was same day).

Anyway, it'll end one day.....thats sure.

aggbbs
Newly Registered

Post by aggbbs » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 pm

I really feel for you Sanjacs. How have you been carrying on?
I can only wish you get your ILR soon.

I PRAY THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ME.

sanjacs

Post by sanjacs » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:37 pm

aggbbs wrote:I really feel for you Sanjacs. How have you been carrying on?
I can only wish you get your ILR soon.

I PRAY THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ME.

I mean, how do you carry on??? Just take one day at a time.

I pray this doesnt happen to anyone...its a nightmare.

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Gawd, applied in June and still waiting, that's bad. Bad, bad, bad.
If I find anything petition-wise, I will sure to shout at you, and your case should be used as a prime example of how badly UKBA is run...

matlub
Newly Registered

GOT MY VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by matlub » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:42 pm

My Solcitor just phoned me to confirm that he has received My documents and the card.
Set O application with 2 dependents
APPLIED -25/08/2012
Acknowledgement -31/08/2012
Fees Deducted -01/09/2012
Bio metric- 02/11/2012
Bio metric done-13/11/2012
Approval/Card- 15/02/2013

Good luck to all of you, Bax do not worry I pray for you all, i know the stress
that we have been trough, the dark night has to end soon for everyone God Bless you all

Baxx

Re: GOT MY VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by Baxx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Congrats!
Yay yay, another August success!
and thank you for your prayer to the rest of us,
I am not that stressed yet, though :)
Some people are waiting so much longer!
Let's just hope UKBA will sort all of us SOON!
matlub wrote:My Solcitor just phoned me to confirm that he has received My documents and the card.
Set O application with 2 dependents
APPLIED -25/08/2012
Acknowledgement -31/08/2012
Fees Deducted -01/09/2012
Bio metric- 02/11/2012
Bio metric done-13/11/2012
Approval/Card- 15/02/2013

Good luck to all of you, Bax do not worry I pray for you all, i know the stress
that we have been trough, the dark night has to end soon for everyone God Bless you all

Blakee
Newly Registered

Post by Blakee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 pm

I can not figure out what the UKBA are doing with these applications!! I applied at the start of August.... No decision yet!!

Type of application: SET(O)
Type of previous residency: 5 year Ancestry
Date Applied: 03/08/2012
Type of payment: Debit Card
Date they took the money: 14/08/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 15/08/2012 (received 20/08/2012)
Date of biometric letter: 10/11/2012 (received 13/11/2012
Biometrics enrolled: 19/11/2012

Date of approval: STILL WAITING!!!

I called the UKBA on my 6 month anniversary and that was a waste of time as they told me that no decision had been made and that they have no further information they can provide!!

My MP called the on Monday to be told my file hasn't yet been passed to a case worker!!

Is there anything else I can do to speed things up. My MP has also sent a letter as well as calling.

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:47 pm

There's nothing but keep trying, i.e. calling yourself, or ask MP to call...

We had 1 story here recently where ancestry case was processed rather quickly, so I was surprised to hear someone still waiting from August!
:cry:
Blakee wrote:I can not figure out what the UKBA are doing with these applications!! I applied at the start of August.... No decision yet!!

Type of application: SET(O)
Type of previous residency: 5 year Ancestry
Date Applied: 03/08/2012
Type of payment: Debit Card
Date they took the money: 14/08/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 15/08/2012 (received 20/08/2012)
Date of biometric letter: 10/11/2012 (received 13/11/2012
Biometrics enrolled: 19/11/2012

Date of approval: STILL WAITING!!!

I called the UKBA on my 6 month anniversary and that was a waste of time as they told me that no decision had been made and that they have no further information they can provide!!

My MP called the on Monday to be told my file hasn't yet been passed to a case worker!!

Is there anything else I can do to speed things up. My MP has also sent a letter as well as calling.

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:52 pm

I wonder if a new governor of Bank of England is also sitting now and waiting for his documents. I can imagine how he is now stressful.

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 pm

He has married a Brit, so maybe not!
:p
Justiceseeker wrote:I wonder if a new governor of Bank of England is also sitting now and waiting for his documents. I can imagine how he is now stressful.

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Baxx wrote:He has married a Brit, so maybe not!
:p
Justiceseeker wrote:I wonder if a new governor of Bank of England is also sitting now and waiting for his documents. I can imagine how he is now stressful.
Just spoke to UKBA. They are absolutely ridiculous! Their response: if application has past 6 months mark, than there is no defined timeline (it means they can keep our docs indefinitely).

char83
Newly Registered

Post by char83 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Baxx wrote:SET(M) seems to take less time to be processed than SET(O), generally.

I applied beginning of August Set M and funny enough am still waiting and its been 6 months already. Phoned UKBA only to be told that my application has not been completed. The service is an utter joke given we pay a lot, really wish I had used PEO option.

sugadev

Has it got anything to do with Centres???

Post by sugadev » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm

I may be wrong. But is that true that one office is choked with backlogs and most of the fresh applications are sent to other offices and that is why we have this discrimination (October applicants getting their approvals with august applicants still waiting)? Were all the biometric letters sent from Liverpool? I seriously doubt as couple of october applicants replied that the biometric letter for them weren't issued from Liverpool.