ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Angel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:22 am

DRSAK wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 4 APRIL 2007 (Recieved HO 05/04/07)
CRITERIA - 10years long stay + 1 year ILR
Date of payment debit card: 14 MAY 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 22 MAY 2007 (letter dated 14.05.07)
Date of receipt of approval: 11 JUNE 2007 (letter dated 30.05.07)
Date of Ceremony: 13 JUNE 2007
Congratulations DRSAK!!!

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:39 am

We are getting closer. they are approving applications sent in April.... :D

champion

Post by champion » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:07 am

Angel wrote:
DRSAK wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 4 APRIL 2007 (Recieved HO 05/04/07)
CRITERIA - 10years long stay + 1 year ILR
Date of payment debit card: 14 MAY 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 22 MAY 2007 (letter dated 14.05.07)
Date of receipt of approval: 11 JUNE 2007 (letter dated 30.05.07)
Date of Ceremony: 13 JUNE 2007
Congratulations DRSAK!!!
Congrates

OrionKudos
Newly Registered

Post by OrionKudos » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:58 pm

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission or posting: 27 March 2007 (Recieved HO 29 March 2007)
CRITERIA - 4 yrs WP + 1 year ILR (Indian)
Date of payment debit card: 22 APR 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 28 APR 2007 (letter dated 23.04.07)
Date of receipt of approval: 09 JUNE 2007 (letter dated 08.06.07)
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

thsths
United Kingdom

EEA1 and EEA2

Post by thsths » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:20 pm

We applied for EEA1 and EEA 2 together by mail, and we just received our residency cards together.

Posted: 27 March 2007
Received: 29 March 2007
Certificate of Application, dated: 12 April 2007
Received: 17 April 2007 (2nd class!)
Processing started: 15 May 2007 (asked for more documents)
Documents sent: 30 May 2007
Certificate date: 31 May 2007
Received: 7 Jun 2007

So the overall time was 10 weeks, including 2 weeks that it took us to respond, and one week for the post office. It certainly shows that EEA1 and EEA2 are processed together (and faster than EEA2 alone) if you send the applications together.

Also we did not include the original (non EEA) passport in the application, just normal copies, because we travel so much. This caused a small delay when they had to ask for the passport, but it was not otherwise a problem. Once they received the passport, it was processed and returned within a week.

UKArgie
Newly Registered

Post by UKArgie » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:44 pm

OrionKudos wrote:NCS or Postal: Postal
Congrats. :wink:

Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Angel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:52 pm

OrionKudos wrote:NCS or Postal: Postal
Congratulations OrionKudos!
Your times are simillar to mine.

OrionKudos
Newly Registered

Post by OrionKudos » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:10 pm

Thanks Guys

I had the impression that applying by post takes more time, but looks its about same as NCS, which is good.
:)

DRSAK
Newly Registered

Post by DRSAK » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:46 pm

Thanks Champion and UKArgie. Had the ceremony today. Have applied for the passport through Check and Send service.

seancody
Newly Registered

Post by seancody » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:08 pm

DRSAK wrote:Thanks Champion and UKArgie. Had the ceremony today. Have applied for the passport through Check and Send service.
Hey can I ask, how come you were able to get a ceremony date 3 days after the receipt of your approval?

And also how long did the actual ceremony last?

Cheers

stedman

Post by stedman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:38 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by stedman on Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kkarank
Newly Registered

Post by kkarank » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:44 am

NCS or Postal: NCS Bracknell
Date of submission or posting: 11 APRIL 2007
CRITERIA - 4 years long stay + 1 year ILR
Date of payment debit card: 22 May 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 28 MAY 2007
Date of receipt of approval: 14 JUNE 2007 (letter dated 08.06.07)
Date of Ceremony: 16th July 2007

Wondering why the date of ceremony is almost a month after the approval letter receipt !

DRSAK
Newly Registered

Post by DRSAK » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:20 am

seancody wrote:
DRSAK wrote:Thanks Champion and UKArgie. Had the ceremony today. Have applied for the passport through Check and Send service.
Hey can I ask, how come you were able to get a ceremony date 3 days after the receipt of your approval?

And also how long did the actual ceremony last?

Cheers
Hi Seacondy,
It was a group ceremony. I called the coucil, they had a space so had it done. The ceremony lasted for about half an hour.

SK1

Got the Certificate, now just need the passport

Post by SK1 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Hi All,

Finally, got the Certificate at the Ceremony and am soooo happy that this chapter is over. Busy with the passport forms. Only snag is that my counter signatory is in West London and I have to go there over the weekend for completion before I can send it off. So, annoyed that I have to wait another few days....Grrrr.

Anyhow, at least I'm British now and can relax and not have to deal with the HO anytime soon.

Thanks for the input and support from all on the forum. You guys and gals are great.

For all those still waiting, keep the faith...your day will come!!!

Regards

SK1

champion

Re: Got the Certificate, now just need the passport

Post by champion » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:09 pm

SK1 wrote:Hi All,

Finally, got the Certificate at the Ceremony and am soooo happy that this chapter is over. Busy with the passport forms. Only snag is that my counter signatory is in West London and I have to go there over the weekend for completion before I can send it off. So, annoyed that I have to wait another few days....Grrrr.

Anyhow, at least I'm British now and can relax and not have to deal with the HO anytime soon.

Thanks for the input and support from all on the forum. You guys and gals are great.

Regards

SK1
congrates but I didnt understand the counter signatory where does this comes in pic can u explain in detail pls?

SK1

Post by SK1 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:27 pm

champion wrote:
SK1 wrote:Hi All,

Regards

SK1
congrates but I didnt understand the counter signatory where does this comes in pic can u explain in detail pls?
Thanks, Champion

It's a requirement when applying for the passport. The person must sign the form and indicate how they know you, etc. They must also certify one of the 2 photos that must be submitted. Almost like a reference. Oh, and the person must also be a British citizen and a professional (teacher, social worker, doctor, solicitor, police officer, etc.).

I'm using one of my Naturalisation application references to be my countersignature on my passport application.

SK1

tatenda
Newly Registered

Post by tatenda » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:28 am

Hi Guys, this is my updated timeline

NCS or Postal: POSTAL
If NCS, which centre
Date of submission or posting: 13 MARCH 2007 (Recieved HO 14/03/07)
CRITERIA - 10years ILR
Date of payment debit card: 21 MARCH 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23/03/ 2007 (letter dated 21.03.07)
Date of receipt of approval: 15 MAY 2007 (letter dated 10.05.07)
Date of Ceremony: 30.05.07
Date of appln. for passport: 8.06.07
Method used:Post office check and send
Date of Receipt:Rec'd old passport and naturalisation certificate 18.06.07, and then the following day 19.06.07 got my British passport. :lol:

I was rather shocked with the turnover time for the passport. My young sister applied two days after me, and her passport has just arrived today. Glad didnot have to attend a interview.

For those who are waiting, be patient and best of luck.

champion

Post by champion » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:22 pm

SK1 wrote: Thanks, Champion

It's a requirement when applying for the passport. The person must sign the form and indicate how they know you, etc. They must also certify one of the 2 photos that must be submitted. Almost like a reference. Oh, and the person must also be a British citizen and a professional (teacher, social worker, doctor, solicitor, police officer, etc.).

I'm using one of my Naturalisation application references to be my countersignature on my passport application.

SK1
Aaaaaaaah so it is that you were waiting for the person you know to sign. Sorry abt the confusion I thougt it is related to the Refrences u supplied at the time of BC application. So it is not (well but most of us will use the same refrence again most likely)

SK1

Post by SK1 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:30 am

champion wrote:

SK1
Aaaaaaaah so it is that you were waiting for the person you know to sign. Sorry abt the confusion I thougt it is related to the Refrences u supplied at the time of BC application. So it is not (well but most of us will use the same refrence again most likely)
No problem. I should get the signed form in the post tomorrow and will complete my sections and post it off. Our local PO don't do check and send. Also I was recently away on holiday, so I don't mind waiting an extra week, as I've got nothing planned travel wise.

Yep, I think most people end up using the same references. It's just so much more convenient. Have you had any news from BIA about your application?

Regards

SK1

champion

Post by champion » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:34 am

SK1 wrote:
champion wrote:

SK1
No problem. I should get the signed form in the post tomorrow and will complete my sections and post it off. Our local PO don't do check and send. Also I was recently away on holiday, so I don't mind waiting an extra week, as I've got nothing planned travel wise.

Yep, I think most people end up using the same references. It's just so much more convenient. Have you had any news from BIA about your application?

Regards

SK1
No not yet. But I am expecting good news in coming fortnight lets see.
Agree you don't have to rush for passport let them take their own time. you have BC and you need passport only to travel. That too if you are travelling to europe you can do with BC certificate and driving license (well with lots of hassle ofcourse.

agganesh
Newly Registered

How long I have to wait?

Post by agganesh » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:41 pm

I have submitted my application on 5th Feb this year. It is for me and my wife. My wife case is bit complex as her absence in the UK exceeds allowable maximum of 480 days, but I let them know few facts to prove that we established our family here (business and house etc). Also if her application is refused and mine is granted, she can apply again immediately on the basis of 'wife of british husband'. Her stay in this country for last 3 years satisfies all the rules ie. she was not out of country for more than 270 days in last 3 years. I hope the Home office will consider all these facts during the application process.

Now, the question is, How long do I have to wait? I have received couple of letters within 2 weeks after I have submitted the application through NCS. I have changed my house and have notified them my new address (asked them to confirm, but no confirmation yet).

Is my case so complicated to take 5 months to process?
Is anyone out there waiting this long?
Has anyone got away from long absence like my wife case?

Hope I will get some answers.

thanks,
Ganesh

champion

Re: How long I have to wait?

Post by champion » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:58 pm

agganesh wrote:I have submitted my application on 5th Feb this year. It is for me and my wife. My wife case is bit complex as her absence in the UK exceeds allowable maximum of 480 days, but I let them know few facts to prove that we established our family here (business and house etc). Also if her application is refused and mine is granted, she can apply again immediately on the basis of 'wife of british husband'. Her stay in this country for last 3 years satisfies all the rules ie. she was not out of country for more than 270 days in last 3 years. I hope the Home office will consider all these facts during the application process.

Now, the question is, How long do I have to wait? I have received couple of letters within 2 weeks after I have submitted the application through NCS. I have changed my house and have notified them my new address (asked them to confirm, but no confirmation yet).

Is my case so complicated to take 5 months to process?
Is anyone out there waiting this long?
Has anyone got away from long absence like my wife case?

Hope I will get some answers.

thanks,
Ganesh
Goodluck Ganesh with ur app
If I were u I would call them and confirm that they have correct address in their system

drabix1
Newly Registered

Post by drabix1 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:05 pm

hey agganesh
I am waiting 7 months : applied for BC 22/11/06 - still waiting( external enquiries) so you not alone.
Good luck

agganesh
Newly Registered

Post by agganesh » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:36 am

Thanks champion, will do.
Thanks drabix1, but Oops! 7 months?! I think I just stop thinking about it for now.

andreiru
Newly Registered

Post by andreiru » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:33 am

It took 6 months for me to get a reply to my naturalisation application.