ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siroc
Australia

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by siroc » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Watandar wrote:I am happy for you. My wife has applied for a EEA2 end October as well but no residence card yet :( . We have received the COA though
I also applied for EEA2 on the exact same date as above (29 October), however I'm still waiting. What date was your COA issued? Also what are your nationalities?

It irks me greatly that I needed to chase the UKBA on several occasions as to why they were taking so long to issue my COA (over a month). Their response was always the same - "sorry, but due to the sheer volume of applications we receive you're going to have to wait."

Given the timeline above it makes me wonder about their level of organisation when someone who applies on the exact same day can receive it so much earlier. :roll:

saiyuki91
Newly Registered

Post by saiyuki91 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi

i was wondering of someone with experience eon the matter can advice me please.

I am in a recent 6 month relationship and not been living together, what are my chances of applying on a sea application with my french national partner?
Also other details below...

I am hoping you can help shed some light on my issue. I am a british born (with british birth certificate) over 21 overstayer since nearly 10 years now. Left the uk in the early 90's as a child with my non british parents and returned to the uk when i was 13. I have british citizen family members aunts, uncles grandparents, etc who i live with. I have been living and working legally with my birth certificate. My only issue is being stateless and not having the right to reside or travel.
I have been refused an application based on private life and have been refused also a judiciary review and now my solicitor is advising a request for a removal direction in order to gain a right of appeal against this decision in court.
I just wanted to know if there are any other grounds i could apply on as a fresh application or anything else i can do to help my situation.

draniu mukesh
Newly Registered

Post by draniu mukesh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Hello friends,
I am a great fan of this forum. I am reading this forum for the last 4 months and truly it has given me enough knowledge so that i can apply my EE2 without any solicitors help. And thats what I did. Here is my time line
EE2 applied : 17 december 2013
Received by HO: 19 dec
COA received : 7 january dated 5 jan.
Passport back requiest: 16 jan
RC : waiting
Hope for the best and best of luck to all of you here who are still waiting for RC.

khan777
Newly Registered

Post by khan777 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:56 pm

date applied:02/07/2013
coa:08/07/2013
interview:12/12/2013
rc:17/01/2013

djbrett2
Newly Registered

Post by djbrett2 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:10 am

what did they ask you in interview what kind quections?

dotsystem
Nigeria

Post by dotsystem » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Application time scale:
EEA 2 RoR sent NOV 13 2013
COA Received 14 Dec 2013, dated 10 Dec 2013.
passport requested online 01 Dec 2013, email and online reminder 13 Dec 2013,
passport received 23 Dec 2013
RC Received on sheet of paper 17 January 2014 dated 09 January 2014.

I got the same RC and cover letter as the family member. But it was ROR application. Could someone tell me if this is normal. Thank you.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Self sufficient route
Norwegian wife
Pakistani husband
EEA2 application sent 11/11/2013 
Received by HO 12/11/2013 
Fee deducted 13/11/2013 
COA received 08/12/2013 Dated 07/12/2013, with permission to work
Passport requested for both 13/12/2013
passport request received by ukba on 16/12/2013
Passport request notified to case worker 06/01/2014
residence card issued for eea 03/01/2014
Residence sticker issued for non eea national on 11/01/2014
Complete document received along with passport 18/01/2014

Many thanks to sheraz and askmeplz and other gurus for help.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:25 pm

It also took 4 to 5 weeks before my wife received her COA.

Our nationalities are: Dutch and Afghan.

But dont worry we will receive it as well. If I look at the timesline of most of the members it often 6 months. Only a lucky few who have received their resident cards in a few months.
siroc wrote:
Watandar wrote:I am happy for you. My wife has applied for a EEA2 end October as well but no residence card yet :( . We have received the COA though
I also applied for EEA2 on the exact same date as above (29 October), however I'm still waiting. What date was your COA issued? Also what are your nationalities?

It irks me greatly that I needed to chase the UKBA on several occasions as to why they were taking so long to issue my COA (over a month). Their response was always the same - "sorry, but due to the sheer volume of applications we receive you're going to have to wait."

Given the timeline above it makes me wonder about their level of organisation when someone who applies on the exact same day can receive it so much earlier. :roll:

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Dibango » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:26 am

This is an EEA2 application via the marriage route
Sent application to HO - 31st October 2013 (Included prepaid traceable envelop)
Received by HO - 01 November 2013 (24 hour tracked delivery)
Received letter of acknowledgement - 11 November 2013 (Dated 04/11/2013)
Received COA - 20 November 2013 (Dated 18/11/2013)
Waiting for RC (Fingers Crossed)

aloo

Post by aloo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Dibango wrote:This is an EEA2 application via the marriage route
Hello mate .. Your application same as mine everythin like date of acknowledgement or COA , but me too waitin ...

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:54 pm

EEA 2 application for an elderly parent of a European Citizen (widowed mother, 68), sponsor (me) works.
Approved in 6 months:
Documents sent on July 17, 2013, accepted on July 19.
We got the confirmation letter in late July, and the proper COA (with right to work) in early August.
We asked for both passports back in late July (after getting confirmation letter, but before getting COA), and got them in early August.
We changed address in early September, and submitted the change info online
I called UKBA last week, and they said "the decision was made yesterday"
EEA 2 arrived today, on a separate piece of paper, issue date January 14.

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 pm

obormot wrote:EEA 2 application for an elderly parent of a European Citizen (widowed mother, 68), sponsor (me) works.
Approved in 6 months:
Documents sent on July 17, 2013, accepted on July 19.
We got the confirmation letter in late July, and the proper COA (with right to work) in early August.
We asked for both passports back in late July (after getting confirmation letter, but before getting COA), and got them in early August.
We changed address in early September, and submitted the change info online
I called UKBA last week, and they said "the decision was made yesterday"
EEA 2 arrived today, on a separate piece of paper, issue date January 14.

Please could you post the number you rang because I might be needing it soon. I applied on the 27th of august it's clocking 5months now and no news from them yet. Thanks

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52 am

I called 0151 672 5626 (I found it on this forum, they said it is a "real one" behind 0843 515 8133 sited on UKBA website).
It was around 9:05-9:10 in the morning, and a guy answered literally in one minute.

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:44 pm

dotsystem wrote:Application time scale:
EEA 2 RoR sent NOV 13 2013
COA Received 14 Dec 2013, dated 10 Dec 2013.
passport requested online 01 Dec 2013, email and online reminder 13 Dec 2013,
passport received 23 Dec 2013
RC Received on sheet of paper 17 January 2014 dated 09 January 2014.

I got the same RC and cover letter as the family member. But it was ROR application. Could someone tell me if this is normal. Thank you.

You can send a letter to the caseworker that signed the Letter.

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:47 pm

obormot wrote:I called 0151 672 5626 (I found it on this forum, they said it is a "real one" behind 0843 515 8133 sited on UKBA website).
It was around 9:05-9:10 in the morning, and a guy answered literally in one minute.
Thanks a lot obormort. Best wishes I pray I get mine soon too. I have being on this journey since 2011

BonoVox
Newly Registered

Post by BonoVox » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Guys, I need advice urgently. My case is stuck for 8 months!

Me and my wife (I'm Brazilian, she's portuguese) applied for EEA1 and EEA2 the first time in December of 2012. In April 2013 they rejected suspecting our marriage wasn't genuine (we are together for 10 years!). Then we applied again last may 2013.
On June, we got a package with all our documents (they sent everything but my passport) and my wife's residence permit (the blue card). From that time to this day, It's been 8 months and I never got my passport back.

I sent letters to the case workers involved twice and called many times the UKBA. They always say It's going to be one week more and they are reaching a decision. They never visited us or sent a request for an interview. I lost hope already. I am stuck in this country for more than a year and It's been very frustrating.

The reason I didn't write an official complaint yet is because my adviser told me not to fight with them. But they are WRONG! Finally, I am writing an official complaint and will send this by email and by post. Should I involve an MP?

How should I write this letter? I've seen many templates, but some people are aggressive and some use the EU law to specify why they are wrong.

My adviser thinks they lost my passport and that we should start a new application with a new passport.

What should i do??

Thanks

B.

matricol
Newly Registered

Post by matricol » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:30 am

BonoVox wrote:Guys, I need advice urgently. My case is stuck for 8 months!

Me and my wife (I'm Brazilian, she's portuguese) applied for EEA1 and EEA2 the first time in December of 2012. In April 2013 they rejected suspecting our marriage wasn't genuine (we are together for 10 years!). Then we applied again last may 2013.
On June, we got a package with all our documents (they sent everything but my passport) and my wife's residence permit (the blue card). From that time to this day, It's been 8 months and I never got my passport back.

I sent letters to the case workers involved twice and called many times the UKBA. They always say It's going to be one week more and they are reaching a decision. They never visited us or sent a request for an interview. I lost hope already. I am stuck in this country for more than a year and It's been very frustrating.

The reason I didn't write an official complaint yet is because my adviser told me not to fight with them. But they are WRONG! Finally, I am writing an official complaint and will send this by email and by post. Should I involve an MP?

How should I write this letter? I've seen many templates, but some people are aggressive and some use the EU law to specify why they are wrong.

My adviser thinks they lost my passport and that we should start a new application with a new passport.

What should i do??

Thanks

B.
In my opinion you should involve the MP in order to get a quick response from the HO (let the MP ask on your behalf). Don't fight with them trying to explain they are WRONG, they might use the explanation against you. You can write an official complain but they might not consider it (when the case get complicated don't DIY unless you are an expert). Speak to the MP in person (very important, don't write e-mail or post) and explain your case, you'll get a response from HO in a couple of days (my experience). Better you prepare a brief history case with dates, reference numbers, any records you think is useful and give to the local MP.
I don't know who your adviser is but at least should have given you an idea how to resolve it, no one can wait more than the famous 6 months with no response. We all respect this country and they have to respect us in the same way, not being treated sometimes like asylum seekers. RC is a document which confirms our right of residence under European law, don't know how dare they suspect in our life and marriage.
Good luck, hope is the last thing to die.

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Dibango » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Hello mate,

I hope we will both get our by the end of the month.
aloo wrote:
Hello mate .. Your application same as mine everythin like date of acknowledgement or COA , but me too waitin ...

aloo

Post by aloo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Dibango wrote:Hello mate,

I hope we will both get our by the end of the month.
aloo wrote:
I hope ... If any news we r gonn know each other right here ... Thnks .

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Re: EEA2

Post by Graham Weifang » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:41 am

matricol wrote:
im311 wrote:
matricol wrote:EEA2 application sent: 27/11/2013
Application received by HO: 28/11/2013
Letter from HO confirming application received:30/11/2013 dated 29/11/2013
COA with no right to work: 27/12/2013 dated 20/12/2013

eea2/eea1 sent december 10
coa: ?

hi matricol,

i have recently applied for an eea2 with eea1 for my husband who is polish. i am canadian. would you be able to tell me both of your nationalities? i haven't received my coa for over 10 days now as the Home office has indicated on their website. are you applying through a marriage route? i would truly appreciate your answer. thanks.
im311
Hi,
I'm Albanian, wife Italian. I applied through marriage route. I entered in the UK on an EEA Family Permit, which I got in Albania before coming here. I was surprised today when I got the COA with no right to work(submitted marriage cert + child birth cert). I don't really mind as I'm already working full time(presented to the employer NINo, the letter from HO confirming application received and Italian driving licence).
It took nearly a month to have the COA which as I see is not important, I'm thinking to ask the passports back so HO can take time as much as it wants. If any news come up I'll let you know.
Are you not taking a chance there, by working, when the H.O. have said you have no right to work?

Unless I understood wrongly ?

GW

matricol
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2

Post by matricol » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:
matricol wrote:
matricol wrote:EEA2 application sent: 27/11/2013
Application received by HO: 28/11/2013
Letter from HO confirming application received:30/11/2013 dated 29/11/2013
COA with no right to work: 27/12/2013 dated 20/12/2013

eea2/eea1 sent december 10
coa: ?

Hi,
I'm Albanian, wife Italian. I applied through marriage route. I entered in the UK on an EEA Family Permit, which I got in Albania before coming here. I was surprised today when I got the COA with no right to work(submitted marriage cert + child birth cert). I don't really mind as I'm already working full time(presented to the employer NINo, the letter from HO confirming application received and Italian driving licence).
It took nearly a month to have the COA which as I see is not important, I'm thinking to ask the passports back so HO can take time as much as it wants. If any news come up I'll let you know.
Are you not taking a chance there, by working, when the H.O. have said you have no right to work?

Unless I understood wrongly ?

GW
Taking a chance, by working????

I received the short COA which does not confirm the right to work in the UK, but does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment (you are not new in this forum to understand what i meant previously by no right to work)

Do you need to apply?

You do not need to obtain documents confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a family member of an EEA national. Any such non-EEA or non-Swiss national applying for a residence card does so on an entirely voluntary basis.

However, you may be inconvenienced if you do not obtain this confirmation, as:

- you may have difficulty proving that you are lawfully resident in the UK;
- if you leave the UK, you will usually need to obtain an EEA family permit before returning here, in order to guarantee readmission as the family member of a qualified EEA national; and
- you may find it difficult to obtain or change employment.

It it all about the difficulty we all can find to obtain or change employment or the reasons above (I passed this difficulty). Working and living in the UK is a right all non-EEA nationals have in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, applying or not for RC. Even HO refuse the RC it doesn't mean we don't have the right to live and work in the UK anymore (unless there is specifically written).

Think before posting.

naimo4
Newly Registered

Post by naimo4 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:26 pm

heres my timeline:

my wife eea national
i am non-eea

application sent: 14/11/13
COA with work right received: 10/12/13
Passport with RC received : 23/01/14 dated 17/01/14

total time : 63 days. :)

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Matricol, .
So if non-EEA folk get the CoA with the words "Entitled to Work" then I guess that means they are allowed to work, and make money

Then on the other flip side some if folk get the CoA with the words "Not Entitled to Work" then I guess that means they are Not allowed to work, and make money.

Which one exactly did you get?

GW

matricol
Newly Registered

Post by matricol » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:Matricol, .
So if non-EEA folk get the CoA with the words "Entitled to Work" then I guess that means they are allowed to work, and make money

Then on the other flip side some if folk get the CoA with the words "Not Entitled to Work" then I guess that means they are Not allowed to work, and make money.

Which one exactly did you get?

GW
NONE OF THEM! This is what I got, a standard template where there are no words "Entitled to Work" or "Not Entitled to Work" :
What you mean by Making Money?

CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION

Thank you for your application of ......for Residence Card.

We will make a decision on the application as soon as possible, within the next 6 months.

Please don’t telephone or make enquiries about the progress of the application before......

At this stage we are unable to confirm your right to work in the United Kingdom. This will depend on the decision of the application. The enclosed Questions and Answers sheet provides more information about employment rights.

Your Sincerely,

Liverpool.

QUESTIONS ANS ANSWERS

Why are you unable to confirm my right to work in the United Kingdom whilst my application is being considered?
We are unable to confirm eligibility to take or continue employment in the United Kingdom where-

- The applicant is seeking to remain in order to provide day-to-day care for an EU citizen child who is exercising European free movement rights in United Kingdom as a self-sufficient person.
In these circumstances any right to work will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment. Permission to remain may be given on the basis of your caring responsibilities but will not include any entitlement to work or to access public funds.

- The application is the unmarried partner or an extended family member (for example, the brother or sister) of an EU citizen who is exercising European free movement rights in the United Kingdom.

In these circumstances there is no automatic right or entitlement to live in the United Kingdom with the EU citizen sponsor. The Home Secretary must consider whether, in all the circumstances of the case, it would be right to issue a Residence Card on this basis. This means that until we have determined that you qualify as an unmarried partner or as an extended family member by issuing a Residence Document, you are not able to work on the basis of your relationship to your EU citizen sponsor. Any right to work in the meanwhile will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment.

- The application has not provided satisfactory evidence of his or her identity or of his or her relationship to an EU citizen.

We will consider your application but we may need to contact you for some additional or alternative evidence. Until work on your application has been completed we will not able to provide confirmation of your current status. Any right to work in the meanwhile will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment.”

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:30 am

Hi, today i got my RC. everything went smoothly.
EEA1 + EEA2 sent 11th November 2013
COA 8th december i think
RC received 24th January 2014
TOTAL 73 days. :)