ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Dibango » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Hello guys,

I thought I should share this. I got my RC this morning.
Here is my timeline:
Sent application to HO - 31st October 2013 (Included prepaid traceable envelop)
Received by HO - 01 November 2013 (24 hour tracked delivery)
Received letter of acknowledgement - 11 November 2013 (Dated 04/11/2013)
Received COA - 20 November 2013 (Dated 18/11/2013)
Called HO (23/01/2014) to ask whether an employer can offer me permanent employment was told the package was sent two hours earlier.
Received RC 24/01/2014 (Dated 20/01/2014)

I am so grateful to this forum. I wish everybody else the best of luck (This process was stressful)

aloo

Post by aloo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:23 pm

Dibango wrote:Hello guys,

Here is my timeline:
Called HO (23/01/2014) to ask whether an employer can offer me permanent employment was told the package was sent two hours earlier.

I am so grateful to this forum. I wish everybody else the best of luck (This process was stressful)
Congratulation mate ... Good news
What the number you called can i have please coz i dont have any number of them ... Thnks

kunleswags
Newly Registered

Post by kunleswags » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Hello every one.....first and foremost thanx to obie,sheraz,eusmileusmile and other distinguished members of this board.
i promised i was going to post my timeline here to help others just like others helped me.

EEA2 submitted: september 25,2013
Received by home office september 26,2013
COA received 4th of october with right to work.

solicitor called me today telling me residence card was delivered to his office today and it was issued 16th of january 2014.

documents sumitted:
my passport,
my eea wife's passport
one broadband utility bill for my wife as proof of address
one water bill in my name as proof of address.
my wife's 2 weeks payslip she receives via email.it was not stamped we sent it printed like that.
letter from my wife's employer stating when she started work and her job description.
Our 14 months old daughter's UK birth certificate
my wife's tax reference from hmrc showing her tax code.
our marriage certificate. we married Africa and we were both present at the wedding
photos of the wedding like 20 photos
10 photos of our daughter'naming ceremony here in the UK.

My wife was doing a very irregular zero hours contract job which was part time

i did not come on a family permit,i came on a uk visitors visa.
its been a long and frustrating journey but patience and God is it.once you have a genuine marriage and relationship there is nothing to fear.just pray and leave the rest to God and remember that what works for others may not work for you and what doesnt work for them might work for you at the Home Office.we never requested our passports back.God bless who ever my caseworker is and God bless u all.Keep hope alive!
Last edited by kunleswags on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Dibango » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:48 pm

aloo wrote:

Here is my timeline:

What the number you called can i have please coz i dont have any number of them ... Thnks
Hey mate,

01516725626. Have your case number in hand though. Let me know if further information needed.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Hey my wife received her RC this week!

We send the application end October
ROA received in December
17/01/14 received RC

syed14
Newly Registered

Post by syed14 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:23 pm

HI

its been 6 months already and i spoke to the advisor over the phone regarding my case. they said the decision has been made and they dispatched the documents last week Monday. but didn't receive any thing yet still chasing them up. but today they found my docs has been sent to wrong address and again they called me and said it needs to be follow up again by them . i dont know whats going on ,even though i submitted the recoded delivery empty envelope to them aswell.
Need assistance from some one here
Syed

yummy
Newly Registered

Post by yummy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:06 pm

EEA2 submit 17 december ..
letter recieved .. 19 december
Letter of confirmation .. 22 december .
COA .. 7 January
RC .. waiting ..................

BonoVox
Newly Registered

Post by BonoVox » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:12 pm

GUYS,

I CALLED UKBA AND THEY TOLD ME A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE AND MY PASSPORT IN READY FOR DISPATCH, MAYBE THIS WEEK. SHOULD I TRUST THEM? WHO HERE HAD CALLED UKBA AND THE PASSPORT ARRIVED AFTER THEY SAID THE SAME THING?

THANKS

Tanzy
Newly Registered

Post by Tanzy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:20 pm

EEA2 Applied from London sent to Durham: 9/08/2013
EEA2 Form Received by HO: 12/08/2013
COA with right to work : 20/08/2013
EEA 2 Interview in Liverpool : 13/01/2014 (2.5 hrs total for both me and my wife, very friendly interviewer, supplied further supporting docs, Facebook chat history, supporting letters from family and friends, loads of pictures from 10 different trips)
RC Received: 29/01/2014
(almost 6 months)

Thanks Everyone who supported me in my difficult times ! please don´t loose hope, keep each other motivated.
Ping me if you need any advise.

All the best every one :)

aloo

Post by aloo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:54 pm

Dibango wrote:
aloo wrote:

Here is my timeline:

Hey mate,

01516725626. Have your case number in hand though. Let me know if further information needed.
I got rc but didnt call them anyway thnks man .

aloo

Post by aloo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 pm

App sent november
COA middle of november
Rc 28 january
Bills , statement , contract of employer and payslipss .. In statement was money £4 .
No any docment or picture . I didnt want to show my wife off coz i jealous all the times hahha . Thnks guys .

im311
Newly Registered

Post by im311 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Sent another application on the 30th of December because my payment from previous application (sent on the 10th of Dec 2013) did not go through. Got a job offer on the 9th of January, asked MP's assistance for my EEA2 application on the same day and emailed the Home Office, received my COA on the 10th of January. Applied for my NiNo on the 13th of January which until now has not arrived. But today, my husband picked up our passports with my VISA for 5 years and his residence card!!!!

From the 30th of December, the day when I resent my application, I only waited for 30 days including the holidays!!!! Thanks God!

brana1
Newly Registered

EEA2 surinder singh application for children

Post by brana1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi,
I need to know if children of third country national join under surinder singh route if they did not reside in EU Member state when British national and his/her spouse were resided in EU state and successfully returned after employment under Surinder Singh route.

I have been granted EEA2 under S S route, my British spouse and me were residing in EU Member state for 8 months. but my children were not living there with us. now EEA FP refused due to not resident in EU Member state.

I wonder what options i got under EU Law to get my children in UK ?

thanks for any advise in this case!

yummy
Newly Registered

Post by yummy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:53 pm

I have a question ...
what if someone do not apply for EEA1 and only apply for EEA2 .. ( COA received anyway ). ????????? does it influence EEA2 application ?
response ll be highly appreciated .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:38 pm

yummy wrote:I have a question ...
what if someone do not apply for EEA1 and only apply for EEA2 .. ( COA received anyway ). ????????? does it influence EEA2 application ?
response ll be highly appreciated .
Applying EEA1 is entirely optional which is normally be processed more quicker than EEA2. In most cases, its issuance is a positive/favorable signal towards EEA2 application.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

mian

Post by mian » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:58 am

hi,

my oral hearing held on 23rd december 2013, till now i havnt heard anything from tribunal , today i call them and they told me judge havnt made any decision,
its more than 4 weeks any idea how long it will take ?
but my 2nd fresh application which submit on 20 Oct 2013 still underprocess in UKBA ,

any suggection about appeal decision time ?

BonoVox
Newly Registered

Post by BonoVox » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Guys,

I got my RC this Saturday, after chasing UKBA almost everyday. Don't do the same mistake I did: call them after the 6 months everyday or, even, send a letter to your case worker before the 6 months, asking about the process or explaining that you need to travel.

My RC came stamped in the passport with the issue date of 19th June 2013!!!! They issued the TC 19 days after sending all our documents but never sent it. My passport was there, lost, for nearly 8 months! This is is infuriating and I'll be certainly doing a complaint.

MAKE NO MISTAKE: CALLING CAN RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. My letters were never responded, but every time I called they sent an email to my case worker and eventually he made a decision (to find my passport and send it actually).

1 Year and 1 Month later I got it finally. All this time without my passport. It was a desperation. The reason we were refused initially was because we didn't include the paid taxes, and that was the main problem (my wife is self employed). They invented that our marriage wasn't real as well, which made us laugh (we're together for 10 years).

This is my timeline;

EEA1+ EEA2
Application sent 31th Dec 2012
COA received 3 days later (with right to work)
Application Refused 16th April (they sent my passport to deportation)
1st May fresh application sent EEA1 - EEA2 (with the taxes and everything)
1st June EEA1 Residence Permit received for my wife along with all our documents and photos back.
31st January RC received via second class signed for (they didn't use my express delivery envelope I sent the week before)

Don't give up and also DON'T FORGET FOR 6 MONTHS. THEY ARE DISORGANISED AND CAN HOLD YOUR PASSPORT WITH NO REASON. SEND A FRIENDLY LETTER AND CALL!

Longiman
Newly Registered

Post by Longiman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Hello good people
I just received my rc from solicitors
Im so happy, i was a silent reader of this forum and promised myself when i get my rc i will post my timeline :D

Application sent: 25th October through marriage route
Ack letter: beginning of november
Coa: 18th of november
Rc: 30th of january
So ppl be patient n pray to almighty this is what i can advice.
So happy cuz i dont have to face home office til 2019.
Im off to holiday
Good luck everyone
Cheers

Nica088
Newly Registered

Post by Nica088 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi i'm a filipina married to a polish national.. I just recently sent my application last jan. 22.. Can anyway tell me if proof of address is required? I just sent my passport, my husbands passport, marriage certificate, and his payslip. We just recently move so we didn't have anything under our current address.. Can anyone help me with this matter.. Thanks

draniu mukesh
Newly Registered

Post by draniu mukesh » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:00 am

Hi i'm a filipina married to a polish national.. I just recently sent my application last jan. 22.. Can anyway tell me if proof of address is required? I just sent my passport, my husbands passport, marriage certificate, and his payslip. We just recently move so we didn't have anything under our current address.. Can anyone help me with this matter.. Thanks

yes as a non-EU national you need to provide some evidence that you have been living together with EU partner and have joint household at the moment. To prove this you may need to provide any evidence like your bank statements (joint account or statement of the same adress) , Council tax , Electricity bill, gas bill etc which proves that you are living together. If you have not sent any document yet you can send it now as soon as possible before they give any decision.

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:47 am

BonoVox wrote:Guys,

I got my RC this Saturday, after chasing UKBA almost everyday. Don't do the same mistake I did: call them after the 6 months everyday or, even, send a letter to your case worker before the 6 months, asking about the process or explaining that you need to travel.

My RC came stamped in the passport with the issue date of 19th June 2013!!!! They issued the TC 19 days after sending all our documents but never sent it. My passport was there, lost, for nearly 8 months! This is is infuriating and I'll be certainly doing a complaint.

MAKE NO MISTAKE: CALLING CAN RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. My letters were never responded, but every time I called they sent an email to my case worker and eventually he made a decision (to find my passport and send it actually).

1 Year and 1 Month later I got it finally. All this time without my passport. It was a desperation. The reason we were refused initially was because we didn't include the paid taxes, and that was the main problem (my wife is self employed). They invented that our marriage wasn't real as well, which made us laugh (we're together for 10 years).

This is my timeline;

EEA1+ EEA2
Application sent 31th Dec 2012
COA received 3 days later (with right to work)
Application Refused 16th April (they sent my passport to deportation)
1st May fresh application sent EEA1 - EEA2 (with the taxes and everything)
1st June EEA1 Residence Permit received for my wife along with all our documents and photos back.
31st January RC received via second class signed for (they didn't use my express delivery envelope I sent the week before)

Don't give up and also DON'T FORGET FOR 6 MONTHS. THEY ARE DISORGANISED AND CAN HOLD YOUR PASSPORT WITH NO REASON. SEND A FRIENDLY LETTER AND CALL!
Congratulations once again :)
Can you please share with other members, the exact documents submitted along with your application?

majamalik
Newly Registered

Post by majamalik » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 pm

I am an asylum seeker for more than two years now.
Me and my eu partner recently got married as I have never heard from UKBA about my asylum application or its progress, which was nothing but a furstration for both of us.

We decided to apply for EEA2 Application, which was sent on 04/02/2014, received 05/02/2014.
This is the evidence we have included with our application:
1. Passport (Wife's)
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Bank Statements
4. Utility Bills
5. Contract of employment, Reference letter of employment, pay slips (Wifes)
6. P45 (Wife's)
7. Personal and Wedding Pictures
8. Cover Letter
9. GP Letters
10. Recommendation Letters from our friends
11. Tenancy Agreement (Wife's name only because I am not working, my name could not be on tenancy agreement, which was explained in the cover letter).

As my passport is already with Home Office I have included my birth certificate, ARC Card and a letter from HO as a prove of my identity. I have also included my HO Reference Number and my Passport No as well.

I was wondering will this affect my application because I didn't put my passport, which is already with Home Office???

I would appreciate if someone could get back at me as soon as possible.

And also, how long does it take to get the return of documents?

Many Thanks!!!

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:49 am

Hi all,

29 October, 2013: EEA1 & EEA2 sent (Student route, EEA FP (marriage), Australian/Lithuanian nationalities)
30 October, 2013: received by UKBA
10 December, 2013: COA with right to work received, issue date of 2 December
7 February, 2014: RC and Registration Certificate received, issue date of 2 February (odd, as it was a Sunday)

3 months, 9 days.

I just wish to extend a huge thank you to those on the forum (you know who you are) - your knowledge and advice has proven invaluable. :)

Also: A note for others applying under the student route and concerned about the choice of CSI provider. So we went with Aviva's "Healthier Solutions" policy at £42/month to cover us both.
Last edited by siroc on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tutudelucy
Newly Registered

Post by tutudelucy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:05 pm

siroc wrote:Hi all,

29 October, 2013: EEA1 & EEA2 sent (Student route, EEA FP (marriage), Australian/Lithuanian nationalities)
7 February, 2014: RC and Registration Certificate received, issue date of 2 February (odd, as it was a Sunday)

3 months, 9 days.

I just wish to extend a huge thank you to those on the forum (you know who you are) - your knowledge and advice has proven invaluable. :)
Congratulations! I sent my application on 26 Nov 2013. Hopefully I will receive my residence card soon. Fingers crossed.

I submitted my EEA2 application under the student route (unmarried couple), my boyfriend is still a student at the moment. But he received a job offer, starting in Jun 2014(after his graduation). Would you suggest me to send this information to support my application?

I called Home Office yesterday, the lady thought because I am applying under the student route, my boyfriend's employment status does not matter. Plus, he is still a student at the moment and has not take the employment yet. But I think by accepting the job offer shows that we are planning to stay in the UK for a longer term. What do you guys think?

tutudelucy
Newly Registered

Post by tutudelucy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:06 pm

tutudelucy wrote:
siroc wrote:Hi all,

3 months, 9 days.

Congratulations! I sent my application on 26 Nov 2013. Hopefully I will receive my residence card soon. Fingers crossed.

I submitted my EEA2 application under the student route (unmarried couple), my boyfriend is still a student at the moment. But he received a job offer, starting in Jun 2014(after his graduation). Would you suggest me to send this information to support my application?

I called Home Office yesterday, the lady thought because I am applying under the student route, my boyfriend's employment status does not matter. Plus, he is still a student at the moment and has not take the employment yet. But I think by accepting the job offer shows that we are planning to stay in the UK for a longer term. What do you guys think?
SUGGESTIONS are appreciated!