ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 am

@Ritchie12

Date you pay and submit online via UKVI and register an account with UKVCAS.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

eonatura
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by eonatura » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:35 am

- Submitted my application for naturalisation on 8th of July (ILR + 1 year, non EU)
- Biometrics through IDV app on 30th of August
- UKVCAS appointment for dual biometrics submission on 23rd September
- Received my approval on 29th of September

soul_mickey
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soul_mickey » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:20 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:25 am
askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:23 am
I submit application on 14th July online
IDV app 28th Aug
FREE Biometrics at Croydon 25th September

still waiting and i applied with EU settled status
I went for free biometrics appointment on 25th Sep also, still waiting.. seems dual submissions have stopped working...
looks like the home office officials are back to their original slow self ... for the first couple of months after lockdown ended, they seemed excited to be back to work and were processing cases left right and centre ... now its back to their annoying slow pace
following the theme (but i guess leaving it too late) i also went for dual submission last saturday - nothing yet.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:11 am

@soul_mickey
So we are 3 now who went for dual submission last week. You applied 16th June, I applied 22nd June and @askmeplz82 applied on 14th July. Dual submission did not work for all three of us.. Seems like it only worked for applicants in April/May and HO is going in date order... yesterday couple June approvals were reported up to start June.. you are 16th June.. I think you will hear soon....
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:48 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:11 am
@soul_mickey
So we are 3 now who went for dual submission last week. You applied 16th June, I applied 22nd June and @askmeplz82 applied on 14th July. Dual submission did not work for all three of us.. Seems like it only worked for applicants in April/May and HO is going in date order... yesterday couple June approvals were reported up to start June.. you are 16th June.. I think you will hear soon....
count it 4.
I also applied on 9th July (as spouse of British Citizen + ILR for 1.2 year), IDV submission on 28th Aug, and then went for in-person (dual) submission on 28th Sept. No news so far.
Stay optimistic... we will all hear good news soon :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:05 pm

@Baba_gee

Welcome to the club :lol:

soul_mickey
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soul_mickey » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@soul_mickey
fingers, toes, everything crossed ... good luck to everyone !!!

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@soul_mickey
Me too :) I applied on 9th of June and went for dual submission and it didn't work for me either....

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:18 pm

So we are 5 now :roll: .. Good luck all!!

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:02 pm

hi, i need help please, after uploading my documents to ukvcas and before submitting them , is it possible to view the content of each documents. if yes, how.i saw only remove file option only.thanks

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:15 pm

Fivem wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:02 pm
hi, i need help please, after uploading my documents to ukvcas and before submitting them , is it possible to view the content of each documents. if yes, how.i saw only remove file option only.thanks
It is not possible. It is a major flaw in their system. I felt the same when I uploaded everything and just wanted to double check that everything was ok before submitting.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:47 pm

jotaele wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:15 pm
Fivem wrote:
It is not possible. It is a major flaw in their system. I felt the same when I uploaded everything and just wanted to double check that everything was ok before submitting.
hi, thank you for your reply. i meant before submission, it is just uploaded, is it possble to view each document to see the content.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:57 pm

Fivem wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:47 pm
jotaele wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:15 pm
Fivem wrote:
hi, thank you for your reply. i meant before submission, it is just uploaded, is it possble to view each document to see the content.
The answer is still the same. I'm afraid you can't either before or after submission.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:34 pm

@fivem

You can only preview the contents when you select the file. You can check all pages in the preview then. Once you press upload, you can only view the file name.

redballoon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by redballoon » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:14 pm

Sirjameso wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 pm
Hello All,

Ive managed to access the IDV app after trying throughout yesterday. I had a content blocker on my phone which did its job and meant I was unable to tick the cookie permission panel to allow access to the website. I have had to disable the content blocker.

Im now on the ID verification tab. I have taken my picture as well as the liveness photo. I want to be sure Im doing the right thing re Photograph of my travel document. The select Travel Document type list includes Visa Residence vignette (FMOP Certificate of Entitlement & BRP issued) Is it appropriate to use my Biometric Residence Permit card (BRP)? I would normally use my passport but it is expired and the photo doesn't look like me anymore. i took the passport photo approximately 10 years ago. My BRP card photo is more recent.

Thanks.
Hi, I am in the same position. Can I ask what you did in the end?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:22 pm

redballoon wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:14 pm
Sirjameso wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 pm
Hello All,

Ive managed to access the IDV app after trying throughout yesterday. I had a content blocker on my phone which did its job and meant I was unable to tick the cookie permission panel to allow access to the website. I have had to disable the content blocker.

Im now on the ID verification tab. I have taken my picture as well as the liveness photo. I want to be sure Im doing the right thing re Photograph of my travel document. The select Travel Document type list includes Visa Residence vignette (FMOP Certificate of Entitlement & BRP issued) Is it appropriate to use my Biometric Residence Permit card (BRP)? I would normally use my passport but it is expired and the photo doesn't look like me anymore. i took the passport photo approximately 10 years ago. My BRP card photo is more recent.

Thanks.
Hi, I am in the same position. Can I ask what you did in the end?
User @SirJameso has not been active on the forum since 1st Sep which is a month now.

Islandson
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Islandson » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Islandson wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:37 pm
Islandson wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:33 pm
We applied on July 16th; we were notified on Aug 6th that the biometrics are to be reused. We're now awaiting the invite to use the app. We're wondering if too opt out now but the deadline to do so has passed for us.
Hello everyone, no email as yet but we did get access to the app earlier today, just around 6.50pm when we checked. Photos were taken and all docs previously uploaded were stored. Application now submitted successfully via the app.
Application approval came today via email.....We're Done Done Don Don Don Done :)

Smmuradali
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Smmuradali » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:18 am

aseef935 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:00 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@soul_mickey
Me too :) I applied on 9th of June and went for dual submission and it didn't work for me either....
Same here, applied 17th June and went for dual submission. Still nothing heard from HO......... :cry:

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:22 am

So i got the decision today by email . My British Citizenship application has been succesful

Application date was 14th July
IDV app : 28th August
Biometircs : 25th September
Decision : Positive 2nd October
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:34 pm

Approval just received!!!
Application date: 25 June 2020
IDV only: 05 September 2020

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:35 pm

londonent wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:34 pm
Approval just received!!!
Application date: 25 June 2020
IDV only: 05 September 2020
Congrats!! May I know which basis you applied for BC? And your earlier post say you applied on 23rd not 25th? Plus you got additional documents request on 3rd July?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:40 pm

Given the pattern, I think Section 6(1) applications mid-late June are processed now....
and applications on basis of BC spouse or EU route are processed quicker...

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:42 pm

Sorry, yes, my bad 23rd June. We applied as a family. 5 years on Tier 2 + 1 year ILR

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:43 pm

londonent wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:42 pm
Sorry, yes, my bad 23rd June. We applied as a family. 5 years on Tier 2 + 1 year ILR
Great thanks. So its under Section 6(1)..

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Hi all,

Looks like things are reall moving fast. Today I got approval letter for my wife and daughter[ILR+1 YR] . Date applied 6th July ,IDV 5th Sep 2020. I got mine day before yesterday. Sincere thanks for everyone .

Uma Dutt