ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonuk9
England

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by londonuk9 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi VInny

do you have list of documents require for wife Flrm please??

or guidance ?
vinny wrote:
londonuk9 wrote:Hello all member…
Can somebody guide which visa my wife (my dependant) need to apply?
Main applicant me: got visa on 14/01/2015 ILR on 10 year basis
Previous I was tier 1 general applicant
Wife dependant: visa start from 01/08/2014 to 15/07/2015 as a tier 1 dependant
As I change my category from tier 1 general to ILR on long residency.
Which visa did she need to apply to stay on my dependant? And what’s its requirement?
Please can anybody send me list of documents require for visa?
I have baby which born on 20/01/2015 after I got ILR .So I think she will get British passport straight away? Can somebody confirm it as well please?
Thank you guys in advance.
FLR(M).

You are correct. Baby is British, if born in the UK.

prashantsoni
Newly Registered

Post by prashantsoni » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:59 pm

viganooriah wrote:
PYRZAN wrote:Hi Vigan, congratulations mate. How they invite you for interview? Email,phone call? I took exam in LPS,Upton Park as well in Jan 2014 and discoverd Daily Mail article few days ago unfortunately.
Hello Pyrzan,

Home Office sent me a letter last year to come for an interview in Liverpool.
The interview itself was very straightforward, and the Home Office guys in Liverpool were also very nice. After 6 months following my application, I had to involve my MP though. Home Office then eplied that my case will be decided within 3 weeks. But the Home Office being the Home Office, I received my approval after 4 weeks!
Hello viganooriah
i have received letter from home office to attend an interview at Liverpool.
They didn't mentioned in letter why they need to interview me.
Could you please tell me what they asked you in interview.
my interview is on Sunday 15th march.
kind regards

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi Everyone

Please update tracker im still waiting for decision. Last letter from HO says they will call me for interview but still waiting for inrerview invitation.

Has anyone recently went for an interview please update.

Thanks
Ali

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:30 pm

prashantsoni wrote:
viganooriah wrote:
PYRZAN wrote:Hi Vigan, congratulations mate. How they invite you for interview? Email,phone call? I took exam in LPS,Upton Park as well in Jan 2014 and discoverd Daily Mail article few days ago unfortunately.
Hello Pyrzan,

The interview itself was very straightforward, and the Home Office guys in Liverpool were also very nice. After 6 months following my application, I had to involve my MP though. Home Office then eplied that my case will be decided within 3 weeks. But the Home Office being the Home Office, I received my approval after 4 weeks!
Hello viganooriah
kind regards
Hi mate , when did you apply for SET(LR) ? Why you thing they call you for interview it's unusual apart from any English certificate issues like Toiec in this case which English u used for this application ? Plz give us the information some one will help you soon , be positive and prepare yourself wish you all success .

prashantsoni
Newly Registered

Post by prashantsoni » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello Pyrzan,

The interview itself was very straightforward, and the Home Office guys in Liverpool were also

Hello viganooriah
kind regards[/quote]
Hi mate , when did you apply for SET(LR) ? Why you thing they call you for interview it's unusual apart from any English certificate issues like Toiec in this case which English u used for this application ? Plz give us the information some one will help you soon , be positive and prepare yourself wish you all success .[/quote]

hi
Settlement was done in November 2013. Naturalisation applied in January 2015.
For English I used my degree certificate from India taught in English medium.
Same certificate used first time, then tier extension then again for settlement.
I don't know why they invite for interview.

What they asked you in interview?

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:32 pm

prashantsoni wrote:
viganooriah wrote:
Hello Pyrzan,

Hello viganooriah
kind regards
Hi Prashant,

Ease update me once you had your interview. They sent letter to my MP that they will invite me for an interview for english language requirement. Please can u tell me when did you apply.

Thanks
Ali

prashantsoni
Newly Registered

Post by prashantsoni » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:38 am

I applied In January. 14 months on ILR.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:51 pm

sa428 wrote:bigboy86

i need your advises

hi guys
sorry i am not online everyday.
please note if anyone needs any helps please contact me on danish9886@icloud.com this is the best way to get hold of me.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:10 pm

prashantsoni wrote:I applied In January. 14 months on ILR.
Hi Prashant,

You applied in jan 2014?? Did you got approval finally or r u still waiting?

prashantsoni
Newly Registered

Post by prashantsoni » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:09 pm

@Allesheikh
I have an interview on Sunday 15th march.
I don't know what is that interview for.
I received letter from HO to attend interview.
Once interview is done I will update you.
I was just wondering if anyone had interview recently,
What they asked in interview?

ecnk
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by ecnk » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:37 pm

I've been in the UK since 1999 (age 9) with the exception of 9 months when I studied aboad in the US. I've continuously held the following visas/leave during my time here:

1 Sept 1999 - 17 August 2011: Student/Tier 4
17 August 2011 - current: Tier 2

Due to changes circumstances at work and the lack of flexibility on a Tier 2 visa, I'm looking at whether I can make an application for ILR on the basis of 10 year long residence from 1 Sept 1999 instead of waiting for another 16 months under the 5 year Tier 2 route.

However, my problem is that I left the UK on 25 August 2009 (6 days before the completion of the full 10 year period) to study abroad in the US for 9 months - which breaks my continuous residence as I did not return to the UK during this period. Assuming I meet the other criteria in terms having absence of less than 540 days during my 10 years - are there any precedence for the Home Office to grant an ILR when I haven't completed the full 10 years? It should be noted that my first leave on 1 Sept 1999 was granted at UK border control - as I hold a British National Overseas passport and was not required make advanced application for a student visa at the time.

I understand that you can technically apply for ILR 28 days before the 10 years is up - but would the logic for granting ILR before the full 10 years apply when you are making a deferred application?

Thanks you!

Great77

Post by Great77 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:04 am

ecnk wrote:I've been in the UK since 1999 (age 9) with the exception of 9 months when I studied aboad in the US. I've continuously held the following visas/leave during my time here:

1 Sept 1999 - 17 August 2011: Student/Tier 4
17 August 2011 - current: Tier 2

Due to changes circumstances at work and the lack of flexibility on a Tier 2 visa, I'm looking at whether I can make an application for ILR on the basis of 10 year long residence from 1 Sept 1999 instead of waiting for another 16 months under the 5 year Tier 2 route.

However, my problem is that I left the UK on 25 August 2009 (6 days before the completion of the full 10 year period) to study abroad in the US for 9 months - which breaks my continuous residence as I did not return to the UK during this period. Assuming I meet the other criteria in terms having absence of less than 540 days during my 10 years - are there any precedence for the Home Office to grant an ILR when I haven't completed the full 10 years? It should be noted that my first leave on 1 Sept 1999 was granted at UK border control - as I hold a British National Overseas passport and was not required make advanced application for a student visa at the time.

I understand that you can technically apply for ILR 28 days before the 10 years is up - but would the logic for granting ILR before the full 10 years apply when you are making a deferred application?

Thanks you!
I Think you should be fine. But why not ask separately on this forum where Vinny or Amber can throw lights on this for you.
Great

DMH2014
Newly Registered

Post by DMH2014 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Approvel....Approvel....Approvels

Guys where r u? This forum becomes very quite seems everyone got there Approvels.
Last few days I haven't seen any Approvel Plz come forward and share ur timelines.
May Allah blessed us all with positive response from HO.
DEC17 wat about urs???

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm

DMH2014 wrote:Approvel....Approvel....Approvels

Guys where r u? This forum becomes very quite seems everyone got there Approvels.
Last few days I haven't seen any Approvel Plz come forward and share ur timelines.
May Allah blessed us all with positive response from HO.
DEC17 wat about urs???
Still waiting mate ....I don't know how long need to wait more .called HO last Friday they told me my application with caseworker last 2 weeks same replay ,we are currently dealing with November application then how come we got this much of December approval !

Poirot
Newly Registered

Post by Poirot » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Tried calling today - no response! Last time I called, they said they were processing December applications. I applied early Jan, wonder when I will get a reply!

Since

Post by Since » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Poirot wrote:Tried calling today - no response! Last time I called, they said they were processing December applications. I applied early Jan, wonder when I will get a reply!
I think by the third or last week of March, January application may get started to receive their decision.

Poirot
Newly Registered

Post by Poirot » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Cheers @ Since

I'm buying a house so hopefully I get it within March, if not the house purchase may fall through!

Since

Post by Since » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:02 pm

Do not let visa applications get through your house purchase.

Having ILR, you can access most of banks and building societies for mortgages.

There are some banks which land you money for mortgage on the basis of your salary etc......
Poirot wrote:Cheers @ Since

I'm buying a house so hopefully I get it within March, if not the house purchase may fall through!

Poirot
Newly Registered

Post by Poirot » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Cheers @Since

The Banks require to see the passport which is with the Home Office at the moment.

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:42 pm

For applying for any mortgage you need passport and your updated residency status proof.
There is no exemption to this as it is per the EU finanical regulation rules. Depending on your status whether you are within immigration control or not, credit score rating etc you can get different deals.

Poirot
Newly Registered

Post by Poirot » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Well just hope it comes back in the next 3-4 weeks!

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:50 pm

prashantsoni wrote:
viganooriah wrote:
Hello Pyrzan,

Hello viganooriah
kind regards
Hi,
Please check my feedback http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1077752 from my interview. Hope it helps.
V

mzi103

Post by mzi103 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:11 pm

Poirot wrote:Well just hope it comes back in the next 3-4 weeks!
i have applied on first week of january as well. you are right it will come by the end of this month.

mzi103

Post by mzi103 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:14 pm

@ DEC 17

i think last week home office have short of staff so less approvals. hopefully from tomorrow we will start getting good news. :)

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:42 pm

mzi103 wrote:@ DEC 17

i think last week home office have short of staff so less approvals. hopefully from tomorrow we will start getting good news. :)
Let's hope so mate ,finger crossed hope for the best .