ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long a British citizen can stay out of UK in NONEU

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tripas33
India

How long a British citizen can stay out of UK in NONEU

Post by tripas33 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi All,
Can anyone tell how long a British citizen who acquired citizenship by naturalisation can stay out of UK ?
I am referring to a case , where a British passport holder is settled and working out of UK in another country which is Non European Union country.

Thanks
tripas
Reg,
Tripas

Hubba

Re: How long a British citizen can stay out of UK in NONEU

Post by Hubba » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:29 pm

tripas33 wrote:Hi All,
Can anyone tell how long a British citizen who acquired citizenship by naturalisation can stay out of UK ?
I am referring to a case , where a British passport holder is settled and working out of UK in another country which is Non European Union country.

Thanks
tripas
Well, forever. You don't have to be living in the UK to keep your citizenship. Yes, one of the pre-requisites for naturalising yourself is that you intend to make the UK your home, but circumstances change.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: How long a British citizen can stay out of UK in NONEU

Post by fwd079 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:06 pm

tripas33 wrote:Hi All,
Thanks
tripas
As long as they want. Due to old age of parents, one of my Naturalised British friend is moving back to his non-EU country of birth. Perhaps for a decade.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.