ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gmin
Newly Registered

Long residence ILR application

Post by gmin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone can advise me on application for long residence 2 days after current visa expires please?

I first entered UK on 18th September 2005. I have then been staying lawfully till now with all visa application made in time.

I am hoping for apply for 10 year long residence indefinite leave to remain on 22nd August 2015 (28 days before I reach 10 year continuous stay) at the premium service centre as I need to have valid visa to start working in September 2015.

However, my current Tier 2 visa expires on 20th August 2015. This means I will apply 2 days after my current visas expires.

I read about 28 days grace period after visa expires. I am not sure if it's true?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Long residence ILR application

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:50 pm

276B(v) is probably what you are hinting to.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gmin
Newly Registered

Post by gmin » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:59 am

sushdmehta wrote:276B(v) is probably what you are hinting to.
Thanks @sushmehta for your reply.

Yes.. Does that mean it's ok for me to apply for my ILR 2 days after my current Tier 2 visa expires?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:23 am

what is the start date on your visa.. if you entered within 90 days of the start date on your visa, you can apply 28 days before the start date of the visa

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:36 am

iworker wrote:what is the start date on your visa.. if you entered within 90 days of the start date on your visa, you can apply 28 days before the start date of the visa
For someone applying for settlement under LR, where is this mentioned?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Safesky
Newly Registered

Post by Safesky » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:57 am

Hi
I was granted my ILR last week under long residence application at a premium service.
Yes you could apply 28days before you qualify for 10years, make sure you attach every possible document you could.
I submitted details of what I was doing for every particular year. Attach letters from your university/ college/ ID cards.
Letters, contracts from your previous/ current employer. HMRC LETTERS for you tax returns from HMRC.
Any compassionate circumstances, family ties in this country. Any business or property investment.
Last but not the least, it is very vital to attach a cover letter, as you won't be seeing the case worker. All you will be doing is submitting your case at the reception and waiting for your decision.
Read this article that the case worker uses it to asses the application
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ce_v13.pdf

Arshad49
Sri Lanka

Post by Arshad49 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Safesky wrote:Hi
I was granted my ILR last week under long residence application at a premium service.
Yes you could apply 28days before you qualify for 10years, make sure you attach every possible document you could.
I submitted details of what I was doing for every particular year. Attach letters from your university/ college/ ID cards.
Letters, contracts from your previous/ current employer. HMRC LETTERS for you tax returns from HMRC.
Any compassionate circumstances, family ties in this country. Any business or property investment.
Last but not the least, it is very vital to attach a cover letter, as you won't be seeing the case worker. All you will be doing is submitting your case at the reception and waiting for your decision.

hi congrats on your ilr what is your status before you applied ilr.

Safesky
Newly Registered

Post by Safesky » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Family member of eu

gmin
Newly Registered

Post by gmin » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:51 am

Safesky wrote:Hi
Hi thanks for your reply. Did you apply after your current visa expires? This is because my current visa would have expired (by 2 days) even if I apply 28 days before I qualify for 10 years..

Safesky
Newly Registered

Post by Safesky » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Nope my leave didn't expire, i know what to suggest you should be okay I think because they can exercise discresssion and I believe there is a section where u can explain why u r applying before you qualify.
All the best mate, May god be with u have faith