ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Term Standard Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keepsim

Long Term Standard Visitor visa

Post by keepsim » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi,

Just want to some insight into Long term visitor Visa , if someone apply for 10yr visa as I understand one can only stay for 6 month at max ?

But why does these lines say from "https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa" say you might be able to stay long if
-------------------------
You might be able to stay for longer if:

you apply (and pay an extra fee) for a long-term visit visa and you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period
you’re coming to the UK for private medical treatment - up to 11 months
you’re an academic on sabbatical and coming to the UK for research - you, your spouse or civil partner may be able to stay for up to 12 months
----------------------

Is this AND or OR ?

you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period- So if my parents are visiting me because I'm settled here , is this not enough ?

Can a visitor stay for over 6 months for family visit ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Long Term Standard Visitor visa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:55 pm

A visitor shouldn't spend more time in the UK in a 12 months rolling period than they are spending in their home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Long Term Standard Visitor visa

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:12 am

Two weeks to a months is a visit. Six months is not visiting in my humble opinion, it's temporarily residing.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....