ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor: 2yr OR 5yr?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Family Visitor: 2yr OR 5yr?

Post by t1s2010 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:14 pm

I have not applied long-term visitor visa before (for parents) and don't have someone in circle with experience, thus help me here guys

I hold ILR & property in UK. My parents (father retired) have visited us once on 6-month visitor visa for three-months in 2015. Profile-wise, parents have good bank balance for few years now, properties in India. I am in full time employment for all of stay in UK and thus regular NI.

I need your views (and documents required) - if they can apply for five year visitor visa or two year visitor visa is safer option. I am inclined for 5-year but not sure what documents I should put to convince EO; or 2-year is safer bet despite profiles mentioned above.

The key reason is (1) unnecessary travelling to VFS centre aka big cities. Its 14 hours one-side journey to any VFS centre (2) ease of ad-hoc travel plans as pt.1 of VFS travel is big irritation.

Any views or any experience sharing please..

honey2008
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visitor: 2yr OR 5yr?

Post by honey2008 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi,

I would give inputs considering the recent experience of the same.

FACT

1) Father is retired ( defence person with 38 years of service ) with regular pension and not VERY great bank balance..but a healthy bank balance..
2) Own house/property and two very average investment residential plot.
3) Mom house wife

Docs submitted for 1st and 2nd visa

1) 1 year bank statement :- To show regular pension income.No cash deposits..no sudden deposits...All savings from pension.
2) CA finance certificate :- Included all property valuation including house + total in bank.copy of property deeds with english translation

They visited our family on one previous ocassion on 6 months visa. This time we applied for two years and got the visa . No explation/reason was given by us for our request of two years VISA as its my choice as we are paying for two years visa cost and its their choice to give us or not. We and home office are exercising their rights.

I didnt wanted the hassle of applying again although VFS office is just 15 minutes ride from my parents house.

I would apply for 10 years next time.

Make sure they stay for the time they mention on VISA application and it should not be more that 5 months in a year as it would be considered as residency.

Me as a sponsor submitted the following self prepared

1) Sponsorship
2) Accomodation declaration
3) Invitation letter
4) Copies of British passports + Bank statements + Mortgate papers to prove owning the property

Rest is your selection.

Hope it helps

Regards
Honey

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visitor: 2yr OR 5yr?

Post by t1s2010 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Thank you for taking time :)