ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

online status is undecided but passport fee is taken

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

online status is undecided but passport fee is taken

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:53 pm

I applied by JCAP as a straight forward application in mid-June.

online status for my citizenship application is showing as undecided (Decision awaiting).
However, I got a letter on 03 Nov saying my passport payment fee could not be taken. I called them and payment passport fee is taken on 20th Nov.

Now, I want to know if I should keep waiting for "decision status" to change or should ring up or email UK home office to send me the letter?

I am not in a great hurry but passport-fee taken but online status remaining unchanged has confused me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: online status is undecided but passport fee is taken

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Paying the passport fee is mandatory when you apply using JCAP and is no indication of your application being decided.

There is already a lengthy topic on the status checks service, link below. Important to note that the status check service is a BETA trial service only.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... -1480.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.