ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residency document student and working

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lora_dikova
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Permanent Residency document student and working

Post by lora_dikova » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi everyone,
just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and can offer some advice:

I'm Bulgarian and came to the UK in 2009 to do an undergaduate course, which I completed in 2012.
In 2010 I got a yellow registration certificate allowing me to work 20 hours a week, I worked part-time form march 2011 until spetember 2011., during which time I erned approx £5000, I have kept all my payslips.

Then in 2012 I started a Masters degree, which I completed in 2015.
Beween october 2012 and june 2013 I worked part-time, earning approx £1800.

In June 2013 I took a year out of studies and my husband and I went to Bulgaria for 7 months, we retured to the UK in January 2014.

From May 2014- August 2015 I worked part-time and earned approx £6000.

August2015-February 2017 I was self employed, I have an Online HMRC Tax calculation.On top of being self-empolyed during that period, since May 2016 until now I have worked in the same company.

As I had my yellow card issued in 2010, I presume that my studies in 2009 won't count, as I didn't have CSI?

The other thing it seems like I have worked more than the allowed 20 hours while being a student( one of my contract says that I was employed for 24 hours per week, even f I sustract break times that is still approx 22 hours a week.
Has anyone had a problem, working more than 20 hours with a yellow reg certificate?

I have worked for a continuous period of 12 months( while being a student between May 2014 and Auguts 2015). Does that remove any work from Aug 2015 onwards? Or could Bulgarians and Romanians work eithout any permits since January 2014 anyway..?

Having my situation in mind, do I apply for a pR on the basis of being a student for 5 years ( I didn't get my yellow card until 2010, so my firts year might not count) or do I supply evidence for both my studies from 2009-2015 and my employment from 2011-present and let the case officer decide whch route best fits my circumstances?

Any advice will be higly appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
Lora