ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Receiving benefits and applying for EEA QP and EEA FM

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayaniqda
Newly Registered
Finland

keeping your BRP during application for EEA FM

Post by ayaniqda » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi

I am an EU national living and working since December 2017 in the UK. I got married end of December 2017 to my husband who is a non-EU citizen currently in the UK on a Tier 4 student visa which is valid till January 2019. We are thinking of switching my husband residence from Tier 4 to Family of EU.

From what I understand we can apply online at the same time for my registration certificate and his residence card. I have also found out that we can use the European Passport Return Service which means both of us can keep our passports. However it seems that we have no way but to submit the original of his current BRP. Now, we are planning to do a couple of overseas trips during the coming months and for returning to the UK he would need also his BRP in addition to his passport. Am I right? What can we do then? Is it possible to request for his BRP back while his EEA FM application is being processed? Does he need to submit his current BRP back to the HO upon return from each trip?

ayaniqda
Newly Registered
Finland

Receiving benefits and applying for EEA QP and EEA FM

Post by ayaniqda » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi

I am an EU national and I started working in the UK in December 2017. My husband is a Non-EU student on Tier 4 visa with no income. Since my salary is not very high and he does not have any income I had been thinking of consulting our council and see if I qualify for any benefits based on low income. However, in the coming months we are going to apply for EEA QP for me and switch my husband's tier 4 visa to EEA FM. I know that on both applications there is question on whether you receive any state benefits. Does receiving benefits have any negative effect effects on EEA QP and EEA FM applications? Should we wait first to receive our EEA QP and EEA FM RC before applying for any possible benefits?

Thank you!

ayaniqda
Newly Registered
Finland

Re: Receiving benefits and applying for EEA QP and EEA FM

Post by ayaniqda » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:01 pm

These are two separate questions under different topics. Can I ask the moderators why they merged them into one topic?

Yes, I am the one asking both but I don't think it was a good idea to merge the topic as they are about totally different topics and this way none of the questions hast got any replies.

I did not know its against the forum rules to post tow questions in a row. Can someone please help?