ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Made Mistake in Covering Letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yf2015
Newly Registered
South Africa

Made Mistake in Covering Letter

Post by yf2015 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi Gurus

I need help for mistake I made in covering letter.

I applied last week for extension. I submitted all required documents And followed extension guidance properly. I invested money as director loan. Director loan agreement, accountant letter, business and personal bank statement to show investment transaction provided. In application form I tick the box for invested money as director loan. But I did mistake in covering letter.
I wrote in covering letter that I invested money by share Capital.
I checked my all the documents nearly 10 times and everything was perfect. I made covering letter last day and made mistake.

Is this mistake will give them chance to Refuse my application? Can I send them letter with explanation and new covering letter after biometric?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Made Mistake in Covering Letter

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:01 pm

yf2015 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:25 pm
Hi Gurus

I need help for mistake I made in covering letter.

I applied last week for extension. I submitted all required documents And followed extension guidance properly. I invested money as director loan. Director loan agreement, accountant letter, business and personal bank statement to show investment transaction provided. In application form I tick the box for invested money as director loan. But I did mistake in covering letter.
I wrote in covering letter that I invested money by share Capital.
I checked my all the documents nearly 10 times and everything was perfect. I made covering letter last day and made mistake.

Is this mistake will give them chance to Refuse my application? Can I send them letter with explanation and new covering letter after biometric?
The cover letter is not a specified document and cannot be used as a reason for refusal. Though that seems to be quite a oversight.
I don't think there is any reason to correct it, but you can send in a new cover letter if you want to.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

yf2015
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Made Mistake in Covering Letter

Post by yf2015 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:16 pm

Thank you Marcnath for your Reply. Appreciate

I decided not to send another cover letter. Hopefully case worker will not confuse with my mistake.