ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland -Short Stay/Tourist Visa Documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

milind31
Newly Registered

Ireland -Short Stay/Tourist Visa Documents

Post by milind31 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi,

I am planning to travel to Ireland on business visa for 1 month . My visa will be processed by company and post visa approval they will book flight tickets and hotel

I am looking for my wife to accompany me and I will take up all the expenses including flight . For Indian passport holders visa requirement for tourist is to show return flight tickets and hotel booking but as in this case we pglan to book it only after getting visa as we both applying together .

Can you guide if Return Air ticket and Confirmed hotel booking documents needs to be submitted for my wife (In which case i need to spend lot of money to do the bookings ) before getting visa

Thanks

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Ireland -Short Stay/Tourist Visa Documents

Post by zepman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:03 am

milind31 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:05 pm
For Indian passport holders visa requirement for tourist is to show return flight tickets and hotel booking but as in this case we pglan to book it only after getting visa as we both applying together .
Where did you get the requirement about showing return flight tickets from? I couldn't find this anywhere. In fact, booking travel tickets before the visa is processed is actively discouraged. Screenshot from the INIS webpage -

The requirement is not on the documentation checklist supplied by the Indian embassy website either.

For the hotel booking, all you need is a confirmation of the reservation. You can make a reservation at a B&B/hotel that doesn't require a prepayment and offers free cancellation (usually up to 2-4 days before the date of arrival). Check out sites like Booking.com and Hotels.com where you can find many lodging options with cancellation policies mentioned upfront.