ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duration of Stay - Parent is visiting UK (no visa required)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sech
Newly Registered

Duration of Stay - Parent is visiting UK (no visa required)

Post by sech » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Hello there,

I am currently working under the Tier 2 visa as Lecturer in a university. My mother is planning to visit me during the Christmas time, and stay for 8 weeks. During her visit, I plan to show her around in the England and might travel a bit in the nearby countries.

My mother holds a passport that grants her max 6 months stay in the UK without applying a visa. I would like to have you advice on the her visit:

1. Would 8 weeks be too long from the perspective of the immigration officer?
2. Would a letter of invitation (from me with Uni letter head), her income proof (rent), my payslip, and photo with family members in our own country be sufficient to show her intention to leave after the visit?

Any advice will be helpful!

cloud123
Newly Registered

Re: Duration of Stay - Parent is visiting UK (no visa required)

Post by cloud123 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:27 am

From my own knowledge, it depends on her nationality a little and on the immigration officer a little.

I suggest that you search online for the experiences of people with her nationality visiting the UK and how strict they are with them and what they normally ask them to show.