ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit refusal now finally granted

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Krislaura72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Denmark

EEA family permit refusal now finally granted

Post by Krislaura72 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:05 pm

I would like to share our story so others hopefully can gain something and prevent refusal in their application. We applied first time using TLS contact in Algeria, presented marriage certificate from France, translated copy from London, my contract of work, 5 P60’s, last 3 pay slips, deed of my house, council tax document, my tickets to and from France ( as my husband who is Algerian lived there before going back home to apply from Algeria) 50 pages of WhatsApp and Viber chat history, 2 pages from each month as we had over. 4000 pages from a 1.5 year period. Wedding pictures, and pictures from our meetings. TLS didn’t scan original marriage certificate as they claimed they only do copies in English, then only 20 pics out of 50 as they claimed Homeoffice don’t need that many pics....cover letter, and we ticked N/A in many fields in the very confusing online form where they talk about his finances and dependency on me, as this is not required under EEA. 26 days for email with refusal, claiming marriage of convenience was assumed due to lack of original marriage certificate, lack of pics, and no communication from when he came to U.K.!!!!he has never been to U.K. they told us to appeal which we never intended to do as then it gets stuck in UK legal system forever...we reapplied next day, added 150 pics, 100 pages of chat history from when he left to Algeria and while he was there, pics with family there, wrote on every copy of pic, date and place where pics were taken, copy of him being added as a beneficiary on my flight benefit as my employer has accepted our marriage, my visa to Algeria, pics with me and his family in Algeria, tickets to and from Algeria for me, cards I wrote him, in total 750 pages and a very strong cover letter objecting and accusing TLS of wrong handling. I took the file with me to U.K. and sent the entire 750 pages by post. Yesterday we got an email from TLS to pick passport and Thank God, today when we picked it, Visa was there

Krislaura72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Denmark

Re: EEA family permit refusal now finally granted

Post by Krislaura72 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:09 pm

I should add I’m Danish and have lived and worked in U.K. since 2004

kuisere
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: EEA family permit refusal now finally granted

Post by kuisere » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 am

Hi Krislaura,

Thank you for sharing your experience. My Thai husband has applied in Bangkok, almost 15 working days (taking both Thai and British holidays off) have passed, and the waiting is nerve-racking.

Can I ask you where did you send the documents from the UK? Can Sheffield accept applications that are not sent by visa offices around the world?