ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Clearance Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bealtaine
Ireland

Police Clearance Certificate

Post by Bealtaine » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:24 am

Hi there,

I’ve been following the timelines here and note that quite a few are asked for police clearance certificates despite the fact that it isn’t in the list of documents required for us to submit.

What makes them request for police clearance certificates for some?

I’m considering applying for them in anticipation so as to submit them if requested. I applied in June this year and still haven’t gotten a reference number/receipt of payment.

Thanks xx

Jordans
Ireland

Re: Police Clearance Certificate

Post by Jordans » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:25 am

Bealtaine wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:24 am
I’m considering applying for them in anticipation so as to submit them if requested. I applied in June this year and still haven’t gotten a reference number/receipt of payment.
That is a good idea, someone I know also looked at the timelines and sent their police cert and translation along with their application just because they could. They happened to visit the country of their nationality and obtained it in person, hassle-free. For us and many other expats visiting all countries we've lived in is impossible, so I would recommend at least researching avenues of obtaining police certs from the countries that apply to you in case you do get a letter requesting them. Getting some is free (Belgium), while others cost quite a lot. I wouldn't pay €60 for a set of fingerprints and around CND$350 plus postage to apply for a cert unless I know that is definitely required.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Re: Police Clearance Certificate

Post by Bealtaine » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Thank you. :)
Why are some people asked for police clearance certs and why aren’t some asked? Unsure!
I’ve lived in 4 countries and know of someone who has as well and wasn’t asked.