ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence due to remote work.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lucky72o
Newly Registered
Belarus

Absence due to remote work.

Post by lucky72o » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:34 pm

Hi,

I work as a software engineer in the UK and I'm holding Skilled worker visa.
My work allows working remotely, and I use this possibility to work couple of months from outside the UK.
I've recently went through the "ILRn: calculating continuous period in UK document" document https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
And the section "Allowable absences" made me worried. As I was aware only about 180 days rule, and I didn't know that you are allowed to be absent for specific reasons only..
So my question is, would remote work be an acceptable reason for the absence or not?

Thanks,
Slav

max_tabur
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Absence due to remote work.

Post by max_tabur » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:34 am

I am also interested to see if anyone went through this - I have a similar situation, I was working remotely (abroad) without employer authorisation.
So I am trying to understand what are my options:
1. Should I tell the employer and ask for a letter when time comes to apply for ILR? What if they refuse to give such letter?
2. Should I just apply sending a vague letter, saying that all absences were authorised without the specific dates?
If anyone went through this please let us know

afriley

Re: Absence due to remote work.

Post by afriley » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:49 pm

I worked remotely and recently got ILR. However my employer knew and stated this on the letter.