ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel back to my country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Naser2012
Newly Registered
Libya

Travel back to my country

Post by Naser2012 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:01 am

Hello
I have a query please.
I came to the UK in April 2012 on student visa until 2017. Then in 2017 I claimed asylum and I was granted Humanitarian Protection (HP) because of the situation in Libya for 5 years. In April 2022 - after 10 years of continuous residency I applied for ILR - LR, and application was successful. Now on my new BRP card it doesn’t say HP at all. Only Settlement and underneath Indefinite Leave to Remain.
My question is can I return to Libya now for a short visit and if this visit would affect my application for citizenship after one year?
Thank you for your help

vinny

Re: Travel back to my country

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:21 am

Similar to refugees, it’s probably safer not to return to your country of origin, unless the UKVI gives permission?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.