ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2Y/5Y Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

2Y/5Y Visit Visa

Post by Aadil123 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:24 pm

Hi all,

My mother recently visited UK on 6 months visit visa , now I am thinking to apply for the extended visa. Shall I apply for her 2 year or 5 years extended visa instead of 1 year visit visa ?

If yes then what value of funds she need to have in her bank account for visit ?

2. My father never been to UK but got strong financial ties back home , I am looking to apply for 2 years visit visa (first time) instead of 6 months. Would there be any risk of rejection of applying straight to 2 years instead of 6 months. ?

Thanks for your help

Regards
Adil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 2Y/5Y Visit Visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:45 pm

My mother recently visited UK on 6 months visit visa
Is this the only UK visitor visa she has had?

How long did she stay in the UK?

How long did she state in the application form she would be visiting the UK?

Your father is unlikely to get a 2 year or 5 year visa if he has never visited the UK and does not have a record of keeping to his visa conditions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:42 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply , please see my comments below

Is this the only UK visitor visa she has had? : Yes

How long did she stay in the UK? : 30 days Only

How long did she state in the application form she would be visiting the UK? : 18 days

Your father is unlikely to get a 2 year or 5 year visa if he has never visited the UK and does not have a record of keeping to his visa conditions. Shall we try with 1 year or 6 months first ?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:41 am

Aadil123 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:42 pm
Hi

Thanks for your reply , please see my comments below

Is this the only UK visitor visa she has had? : Yes

How long did she stay in the UK? : 30 days Only

How long did she state in the application form she would be visiting the UK? : 18 days

Your father is unlikely to get a 2 year or 5 year visa if he has never visited the UK and does not have a record of keeping to his visa conditions. Shall we try with 1 year or 6 months first ? 6 months first

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:41 pm

Your father is unlikely to get a 2 year or 5 year visa if he has never visited the UK and does not have a record of keeping to his visa conditions. Shall we try with 1 year or 6 months first ?
6 months is the safer route as pointed out, but I've seen folks apply for 2 years first. It all depends on how financially strong one is back home. 1 year is a waste on money and time. He might not be able to use the visa more than once, plus he'd have to fill all that complicated bulky form again in the shortest time. for me it's always been 6 months - 2 years - 10 years. 5 years is also a waste of money, The difference in money between 5 and 10 isn't that much. You might as well go for 10 instead of 5.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:13 pm

Hi all

Thank you very much for all your help

much appreciated

Regards
Adil