ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1A is reckonable for naturalisation purposes - or is it

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Stamp 1A is reckonable for naturalisation purposes - or is it

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:36 pm

This comes as a bit of shock to me to be very honest.

I heard from my missus's friend who got naturalised recently partially based on 3 years of Stamp 1A.

In my mind Stamp 1A is a student permission. It counts towards the 7-year limit on student permissions, and once a Stamp 1A holder becomes a certified / chartered accountant, they would need to then apply for a CSEP to switch to Stamp 1. There is nothing on INIS website that says Stamp 1A is reckonable (comparing to every other type of stamps where it will say 'this stamp is reckonable').

So I emailed Citizenship department and asked for a clarification. The response I got is simply 'use the residency calculator' - which has been updated in the last two years to include Stamp 1A as reckonable time.

I then asked them to confirm whether the residency calculator is up-to-date in terms of Stamp 1A, and the response is again yes.

In both emails they have refrained from saying something like 'Stamp 1A is reckonable' but they have pointed out twice that the calculator is correct as is.

This would be a significant help for so many accountant trainees in Ireland.

ackk
Ireland

Re: Stamp 1A is reckonable for naturalisation purposes - or is it

Post by ackk » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:07 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:36 pm
This comes as a bit of shock to me to be very honest.

I heard from my missus's friend who got naturalised recently partially based on 3 years of Stamp 1A.

In my mind Stamp 1A is a student permission. It counts towards the 7-year limit on student permissions, and once a Stamp 1A holder becomes a certified / chartered accountant, they would need to then apply for a CSEP to switch to Stamp 1. There is nothing on INIS website that says Stamp 1A is reckonable (comparing to every other type of stamps where it will say 'this stamp is reckonable').

So I emailed Citizenship department and asked for a clarification. The response I got is simply 'use the residency calculator' - which has been updated in the last two years to include Stamp 1A as reckonable time.

I then asked them to confirm whether the residency calculator is up-to-date in terms of Stamp 1A, and the response is again yes.

In both emails they have refrained from saying something like 'Stamp 1A is reckonable' but they have pointed out twice that the calculator is correct as is.

This would be a significant help for so many accountant trainees in Ireland.
I have a friend as well that was previously on stamp 4 downgraded to stamp 1A for some personal reasons and his current stamp 1A was reckonable for his citizenship as well.