ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor Indian Passport Renewal Application Refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abyy01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Minor Indian Passport Renewal Application Refused

Post by Abyy01 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:55 am

Hi Expert,

I am holding British Citizenship a few week ago. My spouse and daughter [Minor] holding Indian passport and is due for ILR. I am about to applyi ILR application for my spouse and daughter as soon as possible.

In order to apply ILR application, I had an appointment for my daughter (Minor) Indian passport renewal application, as it expired last month. My daughter's Indian passport renewal application was not accepted at VFS centre, Birmingham during last week, and I was told that there has been recent changes due to this minor Indian passport application cannot be approve or accepted.

1. Is it mandatory to apply minor ILR with a valid passport ? Unfortunately, I cannot produce my daughter's latest Indian passport as they refused to accept minor passport renewal application at VFS centre.

2..Can I directly apply my daughter's ILR application without a valid passport ? Will any impact on ILR decision or any chances of refusal in our case?

3. Any other supportive documents or declaration is required in applying ILR application for my daughter ?

Greatly appreciate your guidance here. Kindly advise!

Best regards,
Abyy

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Minor Indian Passport Renewal Application Refused

Post by zimba » Mon May 20, 2024 11:24 am

There is some advice for such children as this appears to be due to Indian nationality law being misinterpreted(?), when an Indian parent renounces their nationality. See: viewtopic.php?t=345433#p2157208

Applicants in the UK need a valid passport to apply as per paragraph 34 of the UK immigration rules. UKVI can exercise discretion as long as 'the applicant' provides a good reason beyond their control why they cannot provide proof of their identity. So the issue above would be a good reason.

Also, an expired passport is not an issue for Biometrics enrolment as the UKVCAS accepts different ID documents :
Alternative forms of photographic ID may include:

National ID card
Expired (but not cancelled) passport or biometric residence permit or card
Government issued photographic ID such as UK photographic driving licenses (full or provisional)
Convention travel document (CTD), Certificate of identity document (CID) or Stateless person document (SPD).
If you do not have alternative photographic ID:

Bring any other official document that contains your personal details, such as an immigration status document from the Home Office or a full birth certificate
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/faq
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Abyy01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abyy01 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:30 pm

Thanks for your prompt response :?
Mucb ppreciated your valuble suggestion and guidance.

Best regards,
Abyy

lokesh249
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lokesh249 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:18 am

Hi Abyy01, Were you able to apply ILR successfully? please let me know I am in the same situation.

I have some couple of questions,

How did you fill the form with expired passport date in the application.

Did you provide any consent letter for not providing the valid passport(expired)

Thanks