ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Format of Documents to be uploaded for Set(0) ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

singhyuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Which date to consider start of ILR period

Post by singhyuvraj » Mon May 06, 2024 10:57 pm

Hi All,

I am due for ILR application very soon and have a couple of questions

1. My vignette shows the date of 1st July 2019 and I entered UK on 2nd July 2019. However my BRP issue date is 5th July 2019. Can I use 1st July 2019 as the start of the 5 year period?

2. Can I submit my application prior to the (5 year - 28 days date) and have the biometric done on or after the (5 year - 28 days date)? Or date of submission of application and payment has to be (5 year -28 days)

Thanks so much for your response.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Which date to consider start of ILR period

Post by zimba » Mon May 06, 2024 11:00 pm

What is your immigration route ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

singhyuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhyuvraj » Mon May 06, 2024 11:02 pm

Hi,

Apologies for not mentioning it. it is Skilled worker which was Tier 2 General Migrant in 2019.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon May 06, 2024 11:23 pm

1. Qualifying period starts from the earliest date of visa approval, so 1 July 2019

2. The date of application does not really matter. The earliest date of ILR eligibility is 28 days from completing your 5 years.
Read: How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

singhyuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhyuvraj » Tue May 07, 2024 6:21 am

Would you happen to know after submitting application, how quickly can one get the biometric appointment?

I am planning to select Super priority so I am hoping to get the result pretty soon after biometric appointment

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 07, 2024 2:31 pm

singhyuvraj wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:21 am

Would you happen to know after submitting application, how quickly can one get the biometric appointment?

I am planning to select Super priority so I am hoping to get the result pretty soon after biometric appointment
That depends on availability from UKVCAS and the centre you choose

singhyuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhyuvraj » Tue May 07, 2024 7:47 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 2:31 pm
singhyuvraj wrote:

Thank you Zimba.

Will it be ok to submit the online application earlier and then take the biometric appointment only 28 days before the 5 year validity is over?

Is it true that only the biometric appointment date is the date when the case worker will calculate eligibility?

singhyuvraj
Newly Registered
India

ILR : When did you first enter UK?

Post by singhyuvraj » Tue May 07, 2024 9:48 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to get my ILR done at the earliest

My route : Skilled worker visa - 5 years
Date on vignette : 1st July 2019 to 31st July 2019
Date of entry into UK as per passport stamp: 2nd July 2019
BRP date : 5th July 2019

Based on advice on the forum here - I am basing my application on 1st July 2019 + 5 years - 28 days

However there is a question on the online application :
When did you first enter UK? - Should I mention 1st July 2019 here or 2nd July 2019 which is the date on which I entered UK

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 am

singhyuvraj wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:47 pm
zimba wrote:
singhyuvraj wrote:

Thank you Zimba.

Will it be ok to submit the online application earlier and then take the biometric appointment only 28 days before the 5 year validity is over?

Is it true that only the biometric appointment date is the date when the case worker will calculate eligibility?
Did you click on the link I posted above !!!?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR : When did you first enter UK?

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 am

singhyuvraj wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:48 pm
Hi All,

I am trying to get my ILR done at the earliest

My route : Skilled worker visa - 5 years
Date on vignette : 1st July 2019 to 31st July 2019
Date of entry into UK as per passport stamp: 2nd July 2019
BRP date : 5th July 2019

Based on advice on the forum here - I am basing my application on 1st July 2019 + 5 years - 28 days

However there is a question on the online application :
When did you first enter UK? - Should I mention 1st July 2019 here or 2nd July 2019 which is the date on which I entered UK
That question has no relevance to your ILR eligibility

singhyuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhyuvraj » Wed May 08, 2024 12:57 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 am
singhyuvraj wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:47 pm
zimba wrote:
singhyuvraj wrote:

Thank you Zimba.

Did you click on the link I posted above !!!?
Hi Zimba,

yes I did. What is not clear to me is when is the date of decision considered. Is it the same as biometric date? In which case - I need to take the appointment after the said period. And submit the online application earlier.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 3:39 pm

What do you mean ??? The date of the decision is the point of time when the caseworker is deciding your application after you have enrolled your biometrics. The date of biometrics is irrelevant

singhyuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhyuvraj » Wed May 08, 2024 5:04 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:39 pm
What do you mean ??? The date of the decision is the point of time when the caseworker is deciding your application after you have enrolled your biometrics. The date of biometrics is irrelevant
Thank you zimba,

Its clear now. In summary I can submit the application now as long as the biometrics happens around 3rd June 2024 which is (1st July + 5 years - 28 days).

Since I will be choosing super priority visa. For me biometric data and decision date will be very close is my assumption.

singhyuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Format of Documents to be uploaded for Set(0) ILR

Post by singhyuvraj » Tue May 21, 2024 10:03 am

Hi,

I have my biometric appointment coming and I am uploading the documents and I have a few queries

1. Do I need to uploaded all the pages of the passport? Or just the important pages?

2. I have got the letter from the company which is a soft copy. Do I need a hard copy of the document as well?

3. Payslips and bank document - How many months should be covered? The document says most recent only and not more. but I have seen on this forum people mentioning last 6 months. Which is correct?

Thanks,
Yuvraj

mastidl
India

Re: Format of Documents to be uploaded for Set(0) ILR

Post by mastidl » Tue May 21, 2024 6:20 pm

singhyuvraj wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:03 am
Hi,

I have my biometric appointment coming and I am uploading the documents and I have a few queries

1. Do I need to uploaded all the pages of the passport? Or just the important pages?

2. I have got the letter from the company which is a soft copy. Do I need a hard copy of the document as well?

3. Payslips and bank document - How many months should be covered? The document says most recent only and not more. but I have seen on this forum people mentioning last 6 months. Which is correct?

Thanks,
Yuvraj
1. As per the forum experts only stamping pages but please wait for the expert comment.

2. soft copy is enough as we need to upload the document to UKVCAS

3. last one month bank statement and last one month payslip is enough. Both bank statement and payslip should be less than 28 days old.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 22, 2024 2:22 am

singhyuvraj wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 10:03 am
Hi,

Thanks,
Yuvraj
1. Empty pages are useless
2. All evidence is now submitted digitally
3. Just the last month :!:

singhyuvraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by singhyuvraj » Thu May 23, 2024 1:48 pm

Thanks Zimba,

I also wanted to check

There is a document section in UKVCAS website for

- Evidence of Mr xxxxx immigration status in the UK

What document should be uploaded in this section?

I have already uploaded BRP and passport in other sections. Should I upload the same here?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 23, 2024 2:07 pm

singhyuvraj wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:48 pm
Thanks Zimba,

I also wanted to check

- Evidence of Mr xxxx immigration status in the UK

I have already uploaded BRP and passport in other sections. Should I upload the same here?
Add your BRP there. It doesn't matter that you're uploading same thing in multiple places.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 24, 2024 11:35 am

singhyuvraj wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:48 pm
Thanks Zimba,

I also wanted to check

- Evidence of Mr xxxxx immigration status in the UK

Yes, some items of documentation/evidence can meet more than one requirement; BRP is one of such.