ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING FOR ILR IN FEW WEEKS....HELP REQUIERD...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joshiankit07
Newly Registered

APPLYING FOR ILR IN FEW WEEKS....HELP REQUIERD...

Post by joshiankit07 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:33 pm

HI,
WELL I'M ON SPOUSE VISA LIVING WITH MY WIFE...EVERYTHING WAS ALRIGHT UNTILL LAST MONTH BUT MY COMPANY HAS ANNOUNCED REDUNDANCY BUT FORTUNATELY I WAS WORKING AT OTHER PLACE PART TIME...SO I LEFT THE OTHER JOB BEFORE BEING MADE REDUNDANT AND NOW MY PART TIME EMPLOYER SAYS THEY WILL BE MAKING ME FULL TIME FROM NEXT MONTH....
I'M WORRIED THAT WOULD THAT CAUSE ANY PROBLEM WITH MY ILR APPLICATION...

ash20

Re: APPLYING FOR ILR IN FEW WEEKS....HELP REQUIERD...

Post by ash20 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:21 pm

joshiankit07 wrote:HI,
WELL I'M ON SPOUSE VISA LIVING WITH MY WIFE...EVERYTHING WAS ALRIGHT UNTILL LAST MONTH BUT MY COMPANY HAS ANNOUNCED REDUNDANCY BUT FORTUNATELY I WAS WORKING AT OTHER PLACE PART TIME...SO I LEFT THE OTHER JOB BEFORE BEING MADE REDUNDANT AND NOW MY PART TIME EMPLOYER SAYS THEY WILL BE MAKING ME FULL TIME FROM NEXT MONTH....
I'M WORRIED THAT WOULD THAT CAUSE ANY PROBLEM WITH MY ILR APPLICATION...
I would advise to wait until they make you full time , get a letter from the employer that they will keep you employed. It appeared to me that they are more interested about your current work status. All the best

joshiankit07
Newly Registered

THANKS ASH20

Post by joshiankit07 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:58 pm

THANKS ASH20 FOR REPLYING...ALSO I HAVE NOTICED ONE MORE THING...BOTH MY PAY SLIPS HAVE SAME TAX CODE DO U THINK COULD THAT CAUSE ANY PROBS...

ash20

Re: THANKS ASH20

Post by ash20 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:05 pm

joshiankit07 wrote:THANKS ASH20 FOR REPLYING...ALSO I HAVE NOTICED ONE MORE THING...BOTH MY PAY SLIPS HAVE SAME TAX CODE DO U THINK COULD THAT CAUSE ANY PROBS...
dont think so ... should be ok

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:20 am

The tax code just tells the employer how much tax to deduct.

joshiankit07
Newly Registered

Post by joshiankit07 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:32 pm

thanks casa for your reply... i think i didn't mention it earlier that I was working at 2 different places... and both pay slips have the same tax code although i'm paying the tax and have regular NI contribution...i don't knw what else should i do...
any suggestions welcomed...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:43 am

They will have the same tax codes. This is issued by HMRC to tell your employers (both of them) how much tax to deduct. Don't worry about it.

joshiankit07
Newly Registered

Post by joshiankit07 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi,
i have a query i'm applying on spouse visa for ILR, and working part time do u think this is gonna cause any problem also my wife is working full time but it is a temporary position...
can any one help if this is gonna create problem in getting ILR...
any suggestions will be helpful..

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 pm

joshiankit07 wrote:Hi,
i have a query i'm applying on spouse visa for ILR, and working part time do u think this is gonna cause any problem also my wife is working full time but it is a temporary position...
can any one help if this is gonna create problem in getting ILR...
any suggestions will be helpful..
You said earlier that they were going to make you full time, is that still the case? If so then wait until you're full time and then apply.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:56 am

It won't be a problem. As long as you can show that you are able to support yourselves financially, the fact that you are only working part-time won't affect your application. The instruction to checking officers is not to refuse a spouse ILR application purely for financial reasons. They will be far more focused on seeing that you are still together and that the marriage is continuing. You don't have to explain that your wife's work is temporary. They will just want to see bank statements pay slips.
Hope this makes you feel better.