ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work in Switzerland

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nm
Member of Standing

work in Switzerland

Post by nm » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi

Can we work in Swiz with Tier1 visa or do we need to go for any visa specific to swiz.? if yes, what's the process and where can i get those information.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:32 pm

You can only work in the Uk and Northern Ireland on a Tier1 visa. I am not sure which visa you will need to work in Switzerland, but definitely not Tier1.

Google should help!
Challenges make life worth it!

chandu_246

Re: work in Switzerland

Post by chandu_246 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:57 am

In Swiss there is no HSMP kind of VISA, where an individual can apply.If Swiss employer is recruiting u for permanent position, he will apply for B-Permit(I think Straight Away PR after 5 yrs with this permit) or if it is contract position then normal work permit.But I am sure abt one thing..work permit has to be applied by yr employer..once yr permit is approved for the particular Canton, then u can apply for EC in the country u r living.This was the situation 2 yrs back.

Hi

Can we work in Swiz with Tier1 visa or do we need to go for any visa specific to swiz.? if yes, what's the process and where can i get those information.[/quote]