ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years ILR Refused With in Country Right of Appeal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

awan123

10 Years ILR Refused With in Country Right of Appeal

Post by awan123 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:12 pm

Dear Moderators and members, hope you all well.
I need your help on my case. Here is my brief history
Came to UK on student visa-07-09-2006
1st extension on tier-4 Feb 2010
PSW granted until Dec-2013
Applied entrepreneur visa in Dec 2013 which was refused. Lodged appeal against decision but it was dismissed. In august 2015 all my appeals exhausted.
I applied FLR(O) within 28 days and varied to FLR (FP) in Feb 2016 again varied to Set (LR) in May 2016.
On 19th of August i enrolled biometrics and on 30th of August i received refusal decision under paragraph 276D with reference to paragraph 276B (i) (a) of HC395 when only 7 days left to complete my 10 years. I have given in country right of appeal
I have wife and 2 kids uk-born lives with me.
Now my question is how much chances I have to win the appeal. Anyone has gone through same situation? Plz share your experience.

naviad13
Newly Registered

Re: 10 Years ILR Refused With in Country Right of Appeal

Post by naviad13 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:45 pm

It's sad to hear that. It looks They refused you after Completing 10 years in uk. What was the reason to refuse ur application

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:52 pm

awan123 wrote:Now my question is how much chances I have to win the appeal.
If you don't appeal, then your chances of winning the appeal are obviously nil.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

awan123

Post by awan123 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:44 pm

vinny wrote:
awan123 wrote:Now my question is how much chances I have to win the appeal.
If you don't appeal, then your chances of winning the appeal are obviously nil.

Thanks Vinny for reply, yes definitely i will go for appeal as i have no other choice

awan123

Post by awan123 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:50 pm

naviad13 wrote:It's sad to hear that. It looks They refused you after Completing 10 years in uk. What was the reason to refuse ur application

HO refused my application 13 days before completing my 10 years

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:16 am

Did they take into consideration that you may apply for ILR up to 28 days prior to the completion of the qualifying period?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

awan123

Post by awan123 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:34 am

vinny wrote:Did they take into consideration that you may apply for ILR up to 28 days prior to the completion of the qualifying period?

Hi Vinny
I don't thing they considered 28 days rule in my case because i applied early.
I varried my application from FLR (FP) to SET (LR) on 16 May, 85-28 days before completing the 10 years. I thought by the time when the case worker will decide my application, my 10 years would be completed.But unfortunately they refused my application just before 13 days of the completing of my 10 yrs.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:25 pm

That seem to be an error. If you are refused 13 days before the 1p years. If it was 29, that may have been ok.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Junaidkts
Newly Registered

Post by Junaidkts » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:26 pm

awan123 wrote:
vinny wrote:Did they take into consideration that you may apply for ILR up to 28 days prior to the completion of the qualifying period?

Hi Vinny
I don't thing they considered 28 days rule in my case because i applied early.
I varried my application from FLR (FP) to SET (LR) on 16 May, 85-28 days before completing the 10 years. I thought by the time when the case worker will decide my application, my 10 years would be completed.But unfortunately they refused my application just before 13 days of the completing of my 10 yrs.
Dear Awan,

I believe section 3C does not extends the existing leave when an applicant applies for further leaves where their existing leave has already been expired. I might be wrong but as you applied for FLR (O) after all appeal rights were exhausted, though it was within 28 days, I believe 3C leave was not applicable since you did not had leave to remain when you had applied. So, it was not the case they refused you because they considered it 13 days early. Please see page 8, 3rd paragraph https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ve-6_0.pdf
However, I am not an expert so wait for the moderators to comment on this as I am not 100% sure in interpreting what is said in the above guidence /page number 8. Thanks

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Junaidkts wrote: Dear Awan,

I believe section 3C does not extends the existing leave when an applicant applies for further leaves where their existing leave has already been expired. I might be wrong but as you applied for FLR (O) after all appeal rights were exhausted, though it was within 28 days, I believe 3C leave was not applicable since you did not had leave to remain when you had applied. So, it was not the case they refused you because they considered it 13 days early. Please see page 8, 3rd paragraph https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ve-6_0.pdf
However, I am not an expert so wait for the moderators to comment on this as I am not 100% sure in interpreting what is said in the above guidence /page number 8. Thanks
my understanding is same too :( , and may be the decision could be same even if they take the decision after completing 10Y. For out of time application if the application made within 28 days and the subsequent application successful then continuous residency is not broken. So if OP application was for different visa but not long residency then if it successful then ok (even possible to apply long residency later). So seems out of time application date to decision date become valid only once the application successful. But for long residency consideration the base is valid residency, so before make positive decision they need the validity of the residency of 10Y which they will not get in this cases (unless minimum 10Y-28days complete application time).

Hope seniors will be able to clarify this.

Junaidkts
Newly Registered

Post by Junaidkts » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Abc499 wrote:
my understanding is same too :( , and may be the decision could be same even if they take the decision after completing 10Y. For out of time application if the application made within 28 days and the subsequent application successful then continuous residency is not broken. So if OP application was for different visa but not long residency then if it successful then ok (even possible to apply long residency later). So seems out of time application date to decision date become valid only once the application successful. But for long residency consideration the base is valid residency, so before make positive decision they need the validity of the residency of 10Y which they will not get in this cases (unless minimum 10Y-28days complete application time).

Just a small clarification;

Long residence guide (page 24; example 2) states that "if made an out of time application, there will be a gap between the date previous leave is expired (or lets say appeal rights are exhausted whatever applicable) to the date a decision is made and a fresh application is subsequently granted. To my understanding, if an out of time application was made and visa was granted with in 28 days of previous leave expiry date, 10 years contineous residence wont break. In all other cases, even subsequent was granted but after 28 days, it will break contineous lawful residence for the purpose of settlement long residence route.

awan123

Post by awan123 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Abc499 wrote:

Hi Abc999
Thanks for your input. I do understand what you mentioned. But one of my friends had a similar case like me, even he applied 5 months before for ILR within 28 days after all his appeals exhausted and he got visa.
I think it depends on case worker how he/she decides your application.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Junaidkts wrote:
Abc499 wrote:

Just a small clarification;

Long residence guide (page 24; example 2) states that "if made an out of time application, there will be a gap between the date previous leave is expired (or lets say appeal rights are exhausted whatever applicable) to the date a decision is made and a fresh application is subsequently granted. To my understanding, if an out of time application was made and visa was granted with in 28 days of previous leave expiry date, 10 years contineous residence wont break. In all other cases, even subsequent was granted but after 28 days, it will break contineous lawful residence for the purpose of settlement long residence route.
I think when the application made within 28 days overstay, con residency will not be broken if the following application successful; not mater when they took decision. When application made with 28+ days overstay then con residency will be broken and valid leave will be only from the successful decision date. ( page 24, exp-2 applicant applied on 45th day. Hence its broken and counted from next visa date and gap).

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:59 pm

awan123 wrote:
Abc499 wrote:

Hi Abc999
Thanks for your input. I do understand what you mentioned. But one of my friends had a similar case like me, even he applied 5 months before for ILR within 28 days after all his appeals exhausted and he got visa.
I think it depends on case worker how he/she decides your application.
In that case you were not lucky enough like him but could get exit way in appeal. Good Luck

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:06 pm

If a person acquired 10 years residence before the application they made within 28 days is decided, they will still be fine, according to my reading and understandin of the law.

This is the case with OP I believe .

awan123

Post by awan123 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:04 pm

In that case you were not lucky enough like him but could get exit way in appeal.Good Luck
Thanks Abc999,

awan123

Post by awan123 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:18 pm

Obie wrote:If a person acquired 10 years residence before the application they made within 28 days is decided, they will still be fine, according to my reading and understandin of the law.

This is the case with OP I believe .
Hi Obie I didn't understand, could u plz explain it with an example

awan123

Post by awan123 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Dear members,
I have lodged appeal. Anyone who has gone through similar situation like me and won appeal in FTT? Please share your experience. Thanks

awan123

Post by awan123 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Dear members,
After a long wait I have received hearing date which will be in January. Anyone who has gone through similar situation and got success. Please share you experience. Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:54 pm

You have a reasonable prospect of success, if at the time you were refused, you were 8 days away from ILR.

awan123

Post by awan123 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Obie wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:54 pm
You have a reasonable prospect of success, if at the time you were refused, you were 8 days away from ILR.
Thanks Obie for your kind reply. Have you read my history? Actually I am worried because this was my 2nd application after all my appeal rights exhausted within 28 days so I don't know what rules say on this application. My solicitor says that I am in a grey area, if barrister fights well then I have a high chance of success.

acespace
Newly Registered

Post by acespace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:41 am

any news on your appeal held in Jan?