ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ON 10 YEARS ROUTE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

javbablo
Newly Registered

ILR ON 10 YEARS ROUTE

Post by javbablo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello sir
i have been reading the forum for around 9 months now. I am really impressed. I need your advise

i have applied on 10 year route for ILR in 2nd february 2016. It had been 6 months and 10 days. Finally home office sent me letter explaning since applicaion is more complex and technical we need more time.. i dont understand home office have already taken 6 months and 10 days. I am very dipresed and since i dont allowed to work i am very upset. My wife is british and we have 2 kids. I am very upset with home office.

my question is form this point how long home office will take ? From your experiance and expertise how many more weeks home office will take..
please help me with this question..

and also only claiming child tax credit would affect my ILR. since all our saving ran out.. please advise on this.. i will highly appriciated.
thank you sir.

Casa

Re: ILR ON 10 YEARS ROUTE

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Your wife can claim Child Benefit in her name without it affecting your ILR application. No one can tell you how long the Home Office will take to decide your application
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

javbablo
Newly Registered

Post by javbablo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:09 am

Thank you very much for your reply.
I want to know about child tax credit since the application form will require to fill up my detail. Just to specify i dont allowed to work.. i was on student visa and i was working 20 hours but in mean time goverment has revocked college i was going to from tier4 sponsor and i didnt get any cutailement letter from home office and i got admission in new college and they refused stating you still have got valid visa..before visa end i have applid to another college but unforunately this college also out of tier 4 list. And i have been waiting for cutailment letter for 5 months and constantly ringing home office. Their reply was not to ring us we will contact you but they didnt contact me even after one year so idecided to ring them again and i got told over fone that they have sent all documents with decesion with recorded delevery but it was lie.. and finally i went to soliciter and with in 3 weeks they sent me all documents enclosed with appeal letter. I have been in uk for 10 years and 9 months when they send me documents with appeal.. i appealed and adjourned 2 times so my lawyer had advised me to just apply for ILR since 10 years had been finished on june 2014. Even though we withdrew appeal some how judge had allowed appeal. Then My employer has asked me to provide valid documents. I explain to them that they are with home office and they refused to keep me on and now it bas been 6 months and 10 days and home office sent me letter stating they need more time to decide. Since i have unemployed since November and all my saving ran out we got no option but to turn to benifit. My wife is british and we have 2 kids. We really dont want to but we bave no choice so can you please advise whether claiming benfit affect ILR...

thank you very much for your time reading this long story.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:15 am

You have 2 children with your wife. Then what where you doing with student visa. You could have switched to FLR (FP) or FLR (M). I suppose it is all in the past now.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:15 am

javbablo wrote:Thank you very much for your reply.
I want to know about child tax credit since the application form will require to fill up my detail. Just to specify i dont allowed to work.. i was on student visa and i was working 20 hours but in mean time goverment has revocked college i was going to from tier4 sponsor and i didnt get any cutailement letter from home office and i got admission in new college and they refused stating you still have got valid visa..before visa end i have applid to another college but unforunately this college also out of tier 4 list. And i have been waiting for cutailment letter for 5 months and constantly ringing home office. Their reply was not to ring us we will contact you but they didnt contact me even after one year so idecided to ring them again and i got told over fone that they have sent all documents with decesion with recorded delevery but it was lie.. and finally i went to soliciter and with in 3 weeks they sent me all documents enclosed with appeal letter. I have been in uk for 10 years and 9 months when they send me documents with appeal.. i appealed and adjourned 2 times so my lawyer had advised me to just apply for ILR since 10 years had been finished on june 2014. Even though we withdrew appeal some how judge had allowed appeal. Then My employer has asked me to provide valid documents. I explain to them that they are with home office and they refused to keep me on and now it bas been 6 months and 10 days and home office sent me letter stating they need more time to decide. Since i have unemployed since November and all my saving ran out we got no option but to turn to benifit. My wife is british and we have 2 kids. We really dont want to but we bave no choice so can you please advise whether claiming benfit affect ILR...

thank you very much for your time reading this long story.
Please continue your benefits questions in the topic you have already started in the 'Claiming Benefits' sub forum.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/claimi ... 14782.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

javbablo
Newly Registered

Post by javbablo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:17 am

Thank you for reply .. it is really quick.. god bless you sir

javbablo
Newly Registered

Post by javbablo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:28 am

Thank you obei.. it was lawyer i went to. He was crook and put me in this situation. After all this i went to proper one i have checked their elegibilty on goverment website. Yes as you said it been past nothing i can do.. i really dont want to turn to benifit.. by profession i m ACCA but i cant work since they dont send me my document with visa.. it is just so annoying.. any way i have to wait.. thank for your kind answers

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:33 am

Yes. The delay may be due to English langusage test or them seeking to enquire any culpibility in the college issue.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors