ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention of EU Fam Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ola500
Newly Registered

Retention of EU Fam Stamp 4

Post by ola500 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi,
I want to seek some advice from this forum and pls don't be put off with my long story.
I got married to my British wife in 2009 and got a 5 year EU Fam stamp in 2010. My passport was stamped for 4 years (Expiry of my passport) till October 2014.
All these years, I lived with my wife, I was working and also in full-time education . My wife worked between 2009 and 2010 and have been doing personal business till she left Ireland in Oct 2014. We don't have any children.
We had an appointment with our local Immigration to get the remaining one year on my new passport and due to a quarrel we had, My wife said she wouldn't come with me and returned to UK a week before our appointment (we don't live in Dublin).
I was confused because I only had few weeks remaining on my passport.
I decided to go ahead with the appointment and explained to the Immigration Officer that I have taken all kinds of job while in college and only graduated this year with a hons degree in Computing. He checked the documents I had and evidence my wife lived with me (tax docs, letter from our GP and some utility bills.) He then made a phone call to Dublin and they agreed to issue me with 3 months extension till January 2015 while I apply to retain my EU stamp.
I have sent in my application with the following documents;.
• Completed and signed FORM EU5
• My Passport
• 2 x Passport photos
• Letter from my employer (Mine)
• 2 x recent payslips (Mine)
• 4 x P60 (Mine)
• Amended Tax Credit Certificate 2014 (Mine)
• Amended Tax Credit Certificate 2013 (Mine)
• Amended Tax Credit Certificate 2012 (Mine)
• Amended Tax Credit Certificate 2011 (Mine)
• 4th Year Transcript and Graduation Letter (Mine)
• Rental Contract and rent book (Both of us)
• Letter from Landlady
• Letter from our GP
• Utility Bills (Recent bills, Bank Statements)
• Tax Clearance Certificate till Sept 2014 (Wife's)
• Tax Clearance Certificate 2013 (Wife's)
• Notice of Assessment 2012 (Wife's)
• Reports and Financial Statement 2012 (Wife's)
• Notice of Assessment 2011 (Wife's)
• P21 for the Tax Year 2010 (Wife's)
• Tax Credit Certificate 2010 (Wife's)
• Income Levy Certificate 2010 Wife's
• P21 for the Tax Year 2009 (Wife's)
• Statement of Earnings 2009 (Wife's)
• Some Payslips from 2009/2010 (Wife's

My worry is that we have to separated 4 years before a divorce is possible in Ireland and my wife will not even communicate with me to get a divorce/separation from UK. I wonder if anyone has similar experience and how long before they hear from doj.

Thanking you all in advance.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Retention of EU Fam Stamp 4

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:00 am

DOJ would get back to you between 3 to 6 months. All seems good in your case - The only thing i would worry about is your wife activity (Exercising her EU treaty rights) in the state. If she did not worked or studied for the number of years you have lived together than DOJ can object on that and refuse your retention application.

All the best and good luck

ola500
Newly Registered

Post by ola500 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:14 am

Thank you CalvinKlien for your comment. My wife worked between 2009 and 2010 and engaged in small personal business from 2011 till she left in Oct 2014. I hope that is enough to say that she exercised her EU treaty rights.
Last edited by ola500 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:43 am

Once you have proof of her exercising treaty rights all the way until she left, you don't have to worry about ur retention. For more information please go through my below posts what i have answered for similar issue:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1095811

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1078483

ola500
Newly Registered

Post by ola500 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:10 pm

I sent an email to doj about my application cos my present stamp expires in two weeks and I haven't received an acknowledgement of my application. They replied my email the same day (06/01/15) and I got a letter today. My stamp 4 eu fam was extended further until October 2015 (I did not expect that but grateful to God) while they treat my application for retention.