ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child settlement- to join british citizen parents in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AngeloGabe
Newly Registered

Child settlement- to join british citizen parents in UK

Post by AngeloGabe » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:38 am

Hi guys!.. Good Morning.Am just a new member on this forum. I would like to seek help and assistance in this matter. i got my British citizenship since 2009 under the work permit category and my wife is currently waiting for her application for citizenship to be approved, she got her "spouse visa" since january 2012,were both happily married since 1999. Were both planning to apply this coming november for our 2 boys ages 15&14, there both under my mother in law guardianship.The application forms that ill be filling up are VAF4A / Appendix 1 / and sponsorship undertakin, do i need to fill up the financial requirement as well? Am i right in understanding what ive read in UK visa and immigration website?. Can i apply for them using the online application under my account on visa immigration website in UK.? i spoke to an immigration firm and theyre are charging me £900 per application. its a bit expensive. Can anybody assist me in this matter. Can someone could help me to fill up the correct forms? I would be a great help.. Thank you. :D

vinny

Re: Child settlement- to join british citizen parents in UK

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Both children may apply to join parents. They may grant child ILE if the requirements of A277, A280(b), 297, etc., are met.

Adequate maintenance and accommodation, etc., required.

I believe the Immigration Heath Surcharge should not apply.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:38 am

Vinny

Given that both parents would be British citizens and that their children are both minors, can they not apply directly for citizenship via registration under Section 3(1), followed by a passport application from overseas?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:18 am

I think that they also expect the child to be in the UK with indefinite leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ukinoz
Newly Registered

Post by ukinoz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:44 am

so was there a financial requirement like with other settlement visa's such as spouse?

I am in the same position, BC but my child is not