ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD BORN BEFORE PARENTS GOT ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khan1980

CHILD BORN BEFORE PARENTS GOT ILR

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi ...

My friends daughter of 1 year has been refused BC recently as My Friend got his ILR( 5 YEAR ROUTE) after she was born???
Is that that the rule that either on of parents must have settled status before the baby birth to qualify for BC???

I would appreciate any reply on it.

Readers
Khan

meb4ne1

Re: CHILD BORN BEFORE PARENTS GOT ILR

Post by meb4ne1 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:26 pm

According to the rules:

For a child to be automatically acquire British Citizenship, one of the parents has to a either a British citizen or settled in the UK (ILR holder). Source

Your friends should have waited for their ILR application to be successful before applying for child's British Citizenship.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:30 pm

meb4ne1 wrote:According to the rules:

For a child to be automatically acquire British Citizenship, one of the parents has to a either a British citizen or settled in the UK (ILR holder). Source

Your friends should have waited for their ILR application to be successful before applying for child's British Citizenship.
Thanks for U reply ...

He has applied for BC for his daughter after he gets his ILR approved and they refused the BC for daughter on basis that U didn't have settled status when child was born.

Is that legal refusal?

Regards
Khan

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:14 pm

Was his child born in the UK and if so, did he apply on form MNI1?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Casa wrote:Was his child born in the UK and if so, did he apply on form MNI1?
Hi Casa ...
Thanks for looking into it. I spoke with my friend and YES child was born in UK and he said he has filled online form and paid the fee of £45 to apply for BC of child, I think it may be Form MNI1.
Regards
Khan

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:11 pm

They appear to have missed the fact that the father has settled status with ILR. They should ask for a reconsideration.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Casa wrote:They appear to have missed the fact that the father has settled status with ILR. They should ask for a reconsideration.
Thanks again..
But the grounds of refusal was that non of parents had settled status at the time of child birth.
Regards
Khan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:42 pm

There is something not making sense here with what you are describing.

Perhaps ask your friend to register and post the full circumstances and refusal details and include the parents full immigration history, where child was born, etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:03 pm

CR001 wrote:There is something not making sense here with what you are describing.

Perhaps ask your friend to register and post the full circumstances and refusal details and include the parents full immigration history, where child was born, etc.
thanks CR001...

I think the mistake my friend had made to apply for British Passport directly before applying for Registering Certificate of child.
I think u can only apply for British Passport directly for child under 18 if parents had settle status before the child birth???
And if parents get settle status after the baby born then U need to apply for registration certificate MN1 before U apply for British passport??
I hope I am clear now?? Any suggestions or corrections?

Regards
Khan

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:45 pm

Child should first register on Form MN1.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:07 am

vinny wrote:Child should first register on Form MN1.
Thanks Vinny...
Great work , so child can have BC but he should apply for registration certificate , which MN1??? Correct?
Regards
Khan

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:22 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:32 am

Khan1980 wrote:
vinny wrote:Child should first register on Form MN1.
Thanks Vinny...
Great work , so child can have BC but he should apply for registration certificate , which MN1??? Correct?
Regards
Khan
Thanks Vinny , Casa , CR001...
U guys are star.
Regards
Khan

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:08 am

Khan1980 wrote:
Hi Casa ...
Thanks for looking into it. I spoke with my friend and YES child was born in UK and he said he has filled online form and paid the fee of £45 to apply for BC of child, I think it may be Form MNI1.
Regards
Khan
The fee to register a child is considerably more than £45 so something went wrong with this application from the start.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:14 am

Khan1980 wrote:I think the mistake my friend had made to apply for British Passport directly before applying for Registering Certificate of child.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:26 pm

noajthan wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:
Hi Casa ...
Regards
Khan
The fee to register a child is considerably more than £45 so something went wrong with this application from the start.
Yes , U are right...
There was something wrong and mistake.
Regards
Khan