ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - General extensions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nateymac
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - General extensions

Post by nateymac » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find the answer I am seeking on any gov.uk website so I thought I would try here.

My question: Are you able to extend a Tier 2 - General visit in-country more than once? For example, although it would be expensive for both parties, could you extend your visa annually, up until the 6 year maximum?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
N

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 - General extensions

Post by iworker » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:18 am

yes. u can even do it every 6 months if u want. with every application, u need to have a valid cos and pay full fee to apply for the visa.
most trust doctors within the nhs apply every year as the contracts are 1 year.

nateymac
Newly Registered

Extending my Tier 2 visa

Post by nateymac » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi all. I am currently sponsored for 12 months on a Tier 2 General visa but my employer is happy to sponsor me again for a longer period. I know that I can't be sponsored for more than six years in total but can I only extend my visa once? Ideally, I would extend for two years, and then again for three years at the end of that. This would mean two extensions in total. Is this allowed?

Also, I will likely get a salary rise (25% or thereabouts) and possibly a promotion before I extend my visa - does my employer need to do anything other than report it on the system? I should point out that the pay rise would take me outside the maximum salary originally advertised under the RLMT. There is no need for another RLMT is there? Thanks in advance for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extending my Tier 2 visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:11 pm

You can extend your visa more than once. You will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge with each extension.

Can't answer your other questions, perhaps FrontieMole or Moonlight55 can.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nateymac
Newly Registered

Post by nateymac » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:38 pm

CR001 wrote:You can extend your visa more than once. You will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge with each extension.

Can't answer your other questions, perhaps FrontieMole or Moonlight55 can.
Thanks CR001. Can you help with the rest FrontieMole or Moonlight55?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:27 pm

The guidance says that there is no need to report salary hikes due to "normal" annual revisions. A revision of 25% is uncommon, so reporting using sponsor note would be good. The new salary can go above the one advertised during your work tenure. I don't see any issues with it.

One point to consider - When your sponsor issues you a new COS for your extension, it should mention your current salary and not the old one. If home office has any query on the %age rise, they will not hesitate to come back to employer with a questions :-)

nateymac
Newly Registered

Date of expiry of current leave

Post by nateymac » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Can someone please tell me where I can find what this date is for myself? Is it the date on my BRP? My certificate of sponsorship is later than the date on my BRP so might that be the expiry date of my current leave? Any help would be appreciated!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:12 pm

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:25 pm

Design of a Biometric Residence Permit:
3. Valid until – the date the permit expires. This date is at the end of the time the holder is allowed to stay; or five or 10 years if the holder has been given permission to settle in the UK (known as indefinite leave to remain)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.