ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British nationality for child born in UK. EEA Parent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kulsumahmedmia
Newly Registered

British nationality for child born in UK. EEA Parent

Post by Kulsumahmedmia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi I am an EEA National, i have been living in Uk since July 2010. I had my daughter in April 2015 therefore my 5 years was not complete at the time of her birth. I have applied for my PR card and will receive it anytime soon. will i be able to apply for her British passport after getting my Permanent residence? if i had to regiter her birth then what procedure i have to follow and how long will it take to register her birth? please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British nationality for child born in UK. EEA Parent

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:58 pm

No, you cannot apply directly for a passport as child is not British yet.

You must register the child on form MN1 as a British citizen first. Cost is £936 at present (goes up in April) and can take a few months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gesa
Newly Registered

Post by gesa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi, I am on the same boat. Tried to find some information only but somehow found it really hard to get some straight answers.

Can anyone help with a list of documents that are needed to be submitted together with MN1 form.

Did anyone had the experience and how long did he take to get british citizenship?

Thank you

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:52 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Northuk
Newly Registered

Post by Northuk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:17 am

Hi. Im EEA too. Can I ask too. I am PR for 16 months. My kid is 11 months old. Can apply for a passport?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:34 am

If kid was born in the UK, then yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.